Looking for a Few Good High-Fiber Recipes (and some MyFitnessPal friends)!

Options
Hello, everyone! I'm new to the MyFitnessPal scene, and a bit of a beginner in the kitchen. Due to a recent health change, I'm particularly concentrating on getting 30 grams of fiber daily. I would be oh-so-grateful for any high-fiber recipes you've tried and loved (or those you've saved because you'd love to try!)

To get things started off right, I'm linking an easy, delicious recipe I prepared for dinner tonight:

Mustard-Parmesan Whole Roasted Cauliflower

mrqn6nig109x.jpeg

Note: I added the garlic to the mustard-oil mixture rather than rubbing as directed, and I also squeezed just a little lemon in the mustard-oil mixture.

Nutritional Analysis -- 230 Calories, 16 g Fat, 3 g Saturated Fat, 750 mg Sodium, 17 g Carbohydrates, 6 g Fiber Per Serving, according to the website

Thank you, and eat well! I'm excited to be here.

Replies

• cpp_happy
    cpp_happy Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Chia pudding is great if you want to up your fiber... And you can flavour it many ways. Search chia pudding on Pinterest.
    Flax seeds added to salads and experiment adding it to recipes.
    Baked steel cut oats for breakfast with berries (blackberries, raspberries, saskatoons, etc have finer), again search oats breakfast bake on Pinterest.
    Baked broccoli... Drizzle with olive oil and bake till a tiny bit crunchy (good with garlic and rosemary on it too).
    Sorry I'm not good with links... I tend to make things different every time.
    Welcome
  • Solamer
    Solamer Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    This isn't a recipe really, but I just discovered (re-discovered) jicama and I'm pretty obsessed with it. It has a lot of fiber and potassium and is delicious eaten alone (it has a slightly sweet taste but very little sugar which I like). And I'm a little lazy in the kitchen so any foods I find that meet my nutrition goals and are tasty to eat alone without much prep, I am all about.
    Basic stats per 100 grams, Calories 38, Potassium 150 mg, Total Carbohydrate 9 g, Dietary fiber 4.9 g, Sugar 1.8 g, Vitamin C 33%
  • bedazzleEVERYTHING
    bedazzleEVERYTHING Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    ccpowles wrote: »
    ...Baked steel cut oats for breakfast with berries (blackberries, raspberries, saskatoons, etc have finer), again search oats breakfast bake on Pinterest.
    Baked broccoli... Drizzle with olive oil and bake till a tiny bit crunchy (good with garlic and rosemary on it too).

Yummy recommendations! I actually prepped some steel cut oats with a blueberry compote for breakfast tomorrow; it will be my first time eating steel cut oats!

I also made baked broccoli last week, and sprinkled some feta cheese in it when done, it was great!

I will check out chia pudding and tomorrow morning will speak with my nutritionist about adding nuts and seeds back into my diet, they're currently on my "no-no" list.

Thanks for the warm welcome! <3

• bedazzleEVERYTHING
    Options
    ejane609 wrote: »
    ... I just discovered (re-discovered) jicama and I'm pretty obsessed with it...

Ahh! I had totally forgotten about jicama, and I didn't think about it having fiber. Great idea. Thanks so much!

• ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Ham and bean soup. A pretty large bowl for 223 cals. It is just a lb of dry navy beans and a lb of ham hock and some water to cover it all and onion powder to season. Crock pot for 8 hrs and its done.
  • bedazzleEVERYTHING
    Options
    I will check out chia pudding and tomorrow morning ...

Funny how things work out! What did I see recipes for this morning? Chia Seed Pudding!

10 Delicious Chia Seed Pudding Recipes

1rm9u9pish9q.png

The beautiful pictures don't hurt, either!

Enjoy! I am going to!

• bedazzleEVERYTHING
    Options
    AmberSue09 wrote: »
    Ham and bean soup. A pretty large bowl for 223 cals. It is just a lb of dry navy beans and a lb of ham hock and some water to cover it all and onion powder to season. Crock pot for 8 hrs and its done.

Mmm, sounds amazing. :p Thanks for the recommendation!