How much weight to need skin reduction surgery?

Options
What I'm trying to find out is... How fat do I have to be that after I lose weight I need the skin reduction surgery? 200lbs? 250? 300? :(

Replies

• pollypocket1021
    pollypocket1021 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Any person can have skin removal surgery. I promise someone will take your money.

If you're talking about panniculectomy that insurance would cover, cross that bridge when you come to it. Not only do you have to have massive weight loss, you have to have medical issues caused by the excess skin, like sores and infection, which has to be well documented and generally the insurance company requires pictures.
  • Astharteea
    Astharteea Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Well... I don't think I need any, I hope I don't. I was just asking to see if I will have a bunch of skin hanging after I lose 70 lbs.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    That will actually depend a bit on genetics. I think I'm going to have a bit on my lower abdomen (just over my csection scar). So far that's the only area that I have noticed looking like it might have some and I've already lost over 100lbs (18 or so left to lose).
  • pollypocket1021
    pollypocket1021 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Astharteea wrote: »
    Well... I don't think I need any, I hope I don't. I was just asking to see if I will have a bunch of skin hanging after I lose 70 lbs.

That's going to be up to you to determine. Yes, you can have skin removed after losing 70lbs. But insurance probably won't cover it
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    That will actually depend a bit on genetics. I think I'm going to have a bit on my lower abdomen (just over my csection scar). So far that's the only area that I have noticed looking like it might have some and I've already lost over 100lbs (18 or so left to lose).

If you've lost over 100 lbs and only have a "bit on your lower abdomen" then that is exceptional! Count your lucky stars!! o:)