45 pound weight loss of a 5'0 19 year old! Pics Included

Options

Replies

• HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Shorties have to be very disciplined to keep their caloric deficit, you were a bada22 at it!
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    B)cheering_minions.gif
  • t_fola
    t_fola Posts: 2
    Options
    Hey, m also having d same ish, same height as you and I weigh about 160 pounds, tho I used to weigh over 200 at age 13 but I was able to loose till my present weight but dz last pounds just won't come off
  • sydneyannewyma
    sydneyannewyma Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    t_fola wrote: »
    Hey, m also having d same ish, same height as you and I weigh about 160 pounds, tho I used to weigh over 200 at age 13 but I was able to loose till my present weight but dz last pounds just won't come off

It may seem impossible but keep trying! Make sure you aren't eating more than 1000 - 1200 calories a day and exercise at least 30 minutes a day 5 days a week and you'll start to see all that hard work pay off, I promise!
  • MistChances
    MistChances Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration! Thanks for sharing your story, determination, and most of all your success! WOW!
  • sydneyannewyma
    Options
    No, thank you!
  • taraaaxo
    taraaaxo Posts: 12
    Options
    You have every right to be proud! Keep doing what your doing :)
  • sydneyannewyma
    Options
    Thank you!
  • iselaparedes
    iselaparedes Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    In October of 2014 I was around 160 pounds. Being barely 5 foot (4'11 3/4) this was putting me in class 1 obesity with a BMI around 31. I was sad every time I saw myself naked. I felt the need to layer everything, even in 90 degree weather so no one could see how large I was (as if that was going to fool anyone. Enough was enough. I got myself a gym membership and started going 5 days a week. I cut back my calories to 1200 a day, and changed my eating habits dramatically. Fast food and soda was completely taken out of my diet. It was replaced with water, white meats, fruits and veggies. Red meats, proccessed foods, and any beverage beside water became a rarity that I made sure I didn't make a habit. Junk food no longer existed. No, none of this was easy. It was a constant battle pshyically and emotionally. It was hard. I had to fight for it, very, very hard. I set a goal for myself in October, one that was a total dream goal that I would love to be "one day". I was aiming for 130 at the time thinking even that would be almost impossible. 30 pounds later I reached 130 and thought to myself, I did this, I can lose that last 15. I did just that. Today on March 24th I am pleased to announce I reached that "impossible" goal of 115 pounds. My BMI is now at a completely normal weight, 22. I went from 31, class 1 obesity to a 22. There is still fat on my body, I have a chubby stomach, and stretch marks galore but I have NEVER in my life been more proud of myself. I love my body. I love myself. I love life again. When you do good for your body you body does good for you, it really does. WBYwUaq.jpg

• iselaparedes
    iselaparedes Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing, I have the same goal as you did ☺
  • sydneyannewyma
    Options
    Thank you for sharing, I have the same goal as you did ☺
    And you can do it! (:
  • sydneyannewyma
    Options
    I'm now at 112! Going to try to get down to 105 then maintain!
  • mleeschum
    mleeschum Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! You look great and I bet you feel much better too! I'm just starting my journey so I have a long path ahead but I love seeing success stories like yours! Hope I can earn my own like you did yours! Congrats! : )
  • Malinacookie
    Malinacookie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Congratulations that's fab!!! :)
    I'm in the same boat 5ft 2" weighing 161lbs wanting to be 120lbs
  • aniqa109
    aniqa109 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Heyyy amazing job!! Im the same height and weight as u! I cant wait to lose some weight! You look amazing!
  • _m0lly
    _m0lly Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    This story is so motivating. Sometimes it really feels that you've hit a jolt, but it really does show that by trying hard you can do it. Well done girl :blush:
  • sydneyannewyma
    Options
    Thank you so much all!
  • mrs_card
    mrs_card Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Great job...amazing progress!
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • sydneyannewyma
    Options
    Thanks ladies!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!