carb cycling

Options
Hello,
Has anyone had any success with carb cycling? I've done low carb in the past, and if course it works until you start eating carbs again. The carb cycling program i'm looking at does Mon-Tues low carb, Wed carbs, Thurs-Fri low carb, Sat carb, then Sunday is a cheat day. The logic behind the carb cycling is that the body recharges during the carb days to put the body back into fat burning mode for the low carb days (I think). Anyone with knowledge, experience tips and/or tricks would be greatly appreciates.

Replies

• CactusF1ower
    CactusF1ower Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'm curious how this worked out for you?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I'd love to hear others experience on this. It sounds interesting.
    I have done it unintentionally before but didn't pay attention to any results.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Also how many grams is classed as low? Less than 100? Normal days, 150ish?
  • Vic904
    Vic904 Posts: 1
    Options
    Curious also!
  • RBillard
    RBillard Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I add 25 grams of carbs to pre and post workout (50g total) on days that i lift weights, so while i generally eat low carb all the time, there are 4 days a week with extra carbs for workout energy.
  • louminouche
    louminouche Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have been on less than 100 grms carbs a day for the last three days - hitting my target calories, going a bit over with my fat. I have lost weight every day and I have no cravings. The only problem is that I do not sleep well when on low carbs. I will try carb cycling.reclying
    RBillard wrote: »
    I add 25 grams of carbs to pre and post workout (50g total) on days that i lift weights, so while i generally eat low carb all the time, there are 4 days a week with extra carbs for workout energy.
    Vic904 wrote: »
    Curious also!