Getting started and people who need motivation

Options
hi guys my names Jonathan I am just getting started on this an there is a lot of good tools on here but a lot of people need motivation so if you need it then join here and get others to join and we can motivate each other

Replies

• AmyJoy2014
    AmyJoy2014 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
  • johnjunior13
    johnjunior13 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    So gym session done for today and spin class in morning
  • johnjunior13
    Options
    Been under target for past three days and gym sessions feels good
  • johnjunior13
    Options
    AmyJoy2014 wrote: »
    How you getting on With you target with what you have set?
  • Rogue1970
    Rogue1970 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Add me. Need more motivation.
  • keyshas84
    keyshas84 Posts: 113
    Options
    Your welcome to add me!
  • niba_rehman
    Options
    Hey .. Just joined.. Lets see how it works
  • Cocomo2015
    Cocomo2015 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Would love to join! :)
  • johnjunior13
    Options
    So what are people wanting to loose or is it just toning up??
  • rhunsi
    rhunsi Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I want to loose 25 lbs and fit back in my skinny jeans!
  • ntp213
    ntp213 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Hi Johnathan, thanks for setting up! I just joined today :smile: ... I have been trying to lose weight for a year, eating healthy, working out, but I've only been maintaining. This makes it hard to stay consistent in workouts because it's so demoralizing and depresses me which makes me sleepy. In November, I joined Bar Method and can see and feel the definition in my body, but it's pretty well hidden under a thick, stubborn layer of fat. That being said, I'm stubbornly sticking to that workout at least because I can see and feel a difference. I'm 5'5", 159 lbs. but a size 2/3. Size 4 is too big. While this may seem odd (it does to me!) and "mostly muscle" weight to some people, I look legitimately overweight, but mostly on top (core/face/arms). Recently - my jackets have been too tight around the arms :neutral_face: The weight is stuck around my core and up. Inputting my calories this morning, I realized my breakfast green smoothies have too much sugar, so I'm excited to see what changes I can make. I've been doing cardio every day consistently for the last month and I hoped I would lose at least 2-3 lbs, but, nope, still at 159. I'd like to get down to 130/125. Anyone have any thoughts/suggestions/inspiration? I am trying to not get stressed, but I've been at this for a long time with no results, and I'm not really sure how I could be eating much cleaner.
  • johnjunior13
    Options
    Rhunsi what gym are you doing??
  • johnjunior13
    Options
    Ntp213 you don't want to be at the gym all the time your body needs time to recover and most people would say take protein shake to recover but I don't think you need to there is plenty of things that are generally high in it and when you to go to the gym what cardio you doing and how long for??
  • ntp213
    Options
    hello again! So, I usually do cardio Monday-Friday and some Saturdays, unless I have a Bar Method class scheduled on the weekend. I do Bar Method about 3-4 days per week. Bar Method, like Pure Barre, is basically strength training. I only do cardio 20-30 minutes a day, because I used to be a ridiculous cardio bunny (at the gym twice a day, every day, for a total of 1.5 hours) and I lost a lot of weight, but put so much more back on because that system was unsustainable. So, I'm trying to stick to a schedule that is sustainable and feels relatively "easy", so that I will keep it up in the long term. Thus, for now, I'm sticking to 20-30 minutes and eventually will up to a solid 30 minutes a day for 5 days a week. I do HIIT treadmill workouts, or run, intervals on the elliptical and stair climbing. Also, I add Vega protein powder to my smoothies in the morning. I can't do soy or whey due to intolerance. What are your thoughts?
  • ntp213
    Options
    I should add - I purposely don't do circuits that involve things like squats/pushups/lunges because I don't really need to incorporate strength training into my cardio routine as Bar Method is grueling.
  • johnjunior13
    Options
    How long have you been going to the gym for on a day to day basis?? Because some people they just need to take a week or so of to recover and let there metabolism to start over and what sort of food are you eating or are you replacing meals for a smoothie??
  • deidradean13
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me!
  • RyanRutar13
    Options
    Just started Farrell's body shaping. It's totally kicking my *kitten*. Ha ha. I knew I was out of shape. Just didn't know how bad. 6'1. 205lbs. Will see where I go from here. So far not really liking the whole throw up feeling. Ha ha
  • johnjunior13
    Options
    So I woke up this morning in a bad mood and fort it would be a good idea to do two spin classes which are one hour long to try and calm myself down must admit the sweet was running of me like water from a tap but sat in the bath now and God I am feeling it in my legs so bad but still feels good hahaha
  • johnjunior13
    Options
    Think I'm gonna take a few days rest not feelin to good se Ya soon