cant thank this app enough <3

Options
after being diagnosed at 39 with cervical cancer,
numerous operations, treatments and complications, my weight went up & up & up !!!
i have tried 4 or 5 times in the last 6 years to diet but never made it past 2 weeks
until i got told about this app for my phone
i have now lost 71 pounds in 8 months and cant believe how i have stuck to it
i have just - last week stated to use a cross trainer and i am totally shocked at how long it takes and how i struggle to burn off 100 calories (i use them to have a mini bag of Malteses at night)
i am not telling everyone who wants to lose weight about the app and hope to stick to it for a long time yet, still want about another 30 pounds

good luck to everyone & keep up the good work xxx

Replies

• girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    Very cool!! I hope all is well with you health-wise now!
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Nice job! - I agree - nothing but MFP ever helped.
  • moto450
    moto450 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Great job! I agree. Love the app
  • razisready
    razisready Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    numerous operations, treatments and complications, my weight went up & up & up !!!
    i have tried 4 or 5 times in the last 6 years to diet but never made it past 2 weeks
    i have just - last week stated to use a cross trainer and i am totally shocked at how long it takes and how i struggle to burn off 100 calories (i use them to have a mini bag of Malteses at night)
    i am not telling everyone who wants to lose weight about the app and hope to stick to it for a long time yet, still want about another 30 pounds

• razisready
    razisready Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    razisready wrote: »

So motivating well done be proud
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Well done! Hope all is well with you now.
  • pinkteapot3
    pinkteapot3 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your amazing weight loss!

The exercise burns are an eye-opener. I used to eat a large Dominos pizza by myself. MFP taught me that you have to cycle 60 miles to burn it off. :open_mouth:
  • weedygumption
    weedygumption Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    thank you everyone for the lovely words,
    heath - im doing ok (hospital appointment this afternoon)
    weight - 100% better than i used to be & loving the app
    exercise - struggling but will stick with it and hopefully get better
    encouragement - reading how everyone one is doing on her and thinking that everyone is so strong keeps me on the right track xxx