Less than 10 feet from my desk is...

Options
123457»

Replies

• hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    That looks so good o.o
    But you know what will look better? Your bikini body after remaining so strong in the face of temptation ;) keep it up!
  • paradi3s
    paradi3s Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    WOW, I'm thinking that your workplace is both awesome and annoying at the same time hahaha
  • Treadmillmom1st
    Treadmillmom1st Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Lol 'paradi3s' that's a good way to describe it.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem to a little lesser degree. There is almost always someone who brings in treats everyday and for some strange reason, they end up on the counter in front of my desk. I just have to keep telling myself that "that is other people's food, not for me anymore". It usually works, although over the past 3 years on MFP, I have caved a couple of times, especially at Christmas, when it does resemble your display. Stay strong, it isn't easy all the time.
  • Treadmillmom1st
    Treadmillmom1st Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Thanks BFDeal it is a constant distraction, some weeks I don't even think about, some days I break into a sweat resisting it other times, I shove my face in it and regret it the next time I stand on the scale lol.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    My office is not as bad, but there are still sweets once in awhile. I either have some if it's really worth it or just munch on the fruit I brought with me.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Oh, that must be maddening. I'm so sorry.... you have all my sympathy! I have to tell myself NO (practically shouting inside my head) every time I pass by goodies at work. And usually ours are not as good as your office has but if I'm craving... you know the deal! Keep drinking coffee or tea, chew gum!
  • misschoppo
    misschoppo Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    It really isn't the responsibility of anyone else in the office to re designate food stash area to a less visible place or to stop bringing specific foods types to help someone else avoid those foods. I do sympathise that it can be tempting but I previously worked in a food testing facility and my whole work building was basically a mountain of calories waiting to be eaten. Some people ate constantly because it was there and it was free. Some people didn't. You decide what you put in your own mouth. It really is a simple case of self discipline.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    eat it

or

ignore it ...

simple...

We have a new lady and she offered me some candy yesterday. I thanked her, put it in my desk, and when I want it I will have it. I did not think "why are you trying to sabotage me"

every Friday we buy donuts for the staff and put them in the break room, does that make my office a bad place to work???? No one is forced to eat them....
  • DirrtyH
    DirrtyH Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    eat it

or

ignore it ...

simple...

We have a new lady and she offered me some candy yesterday. I thanked her, put it in my desk, and when I want it I will have it. I did not think "why are you trying to sabotage me"

every Friday we buy donuts for the staff and put them in the break room, does that make my office a bad place to work???? No one is forced to eat them....

It's nice that it's so easy for you. Congrats.

Not so easy for everyone. I'm also in a situation where whenever there are treats at work, which is frequent, they are right at my desk because I'm the receptionist. I don't have the option of putting it in my desk (i.e. out of sight), and when high calorie snacks are right in your face for hours on end, it's just not that easy.
    Sometimes I can resist. Sometimes not. Sometimes it's no big deal, I can fit it in my calories and it's fine. Sometimes not. Last week one of our vendors brought in cinnamon rolls. I gave in and had half of one, thinking "look at me, all good!" Then went to log it and discovered that half of one of those cinnamon rolls was 490 calories. When you only have 1300 calories to work with in a day, that's A LOT.
  • DirrtyH
    DirrtyH Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Oh, and to add. Just because I struggle to resist treats at work doesn't mean I think people are trying to sabotage me or that it's a bad place to work. It just means that this is a struggle I face, along with a lot of other people, and it's okay for us to discuss it.
  • NEWMEKELLIB
    NEWMEKELLIB Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    every day is a victory when you just say no!
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    Meh. I'm one of the *kitten* that brings in treats for everyone.
  • arkham_ma
    arkham_ma Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    We're running a weight loss contest at work right now, and I swear this office (we have 3 locations) is trying to sabotage everyone :smile:

There is almost always some kind of treat around. Currently, there are chocolate brownies with peanut butter icing. Or there will be ice cream, or doughnuts, or...there will be a potluck, or someone will bring in food because it's their birthday, or something.

Fortunately, I've gotten to where I just eat my own food & stay away from the stuff brought in. Since I have a low-protein diet & have to watch what I eat due to PKU, everyone leaves me alone for the most part & mostly doesn't bug me about eating what they've brought in.