Protein powder

Hi,

Has anyone tried this protein powder before? I mix mine with almond milk, half an avocado and froze berries. Still a bit chalky. The hfs suggested i only use 1/2 scoop a day. Any other protein powder others like? Txq48quj0ll9v8.jpg

Replies

• mildollarsmile
    mildollarsmile Posts: 41 Member
    Never heard of that one...I am a huge fan of Isopure! It is the best and doesn't have that chalky taste. I like the beachbody shakeology but they are way too expensive. Pure protein is another good one as well.
  • scaryg53
    scaryg53 Posts: 268 Member
    I love isopure, too, it's delicious and reasonable in calories. I'm going to try quest protein next time though, because I love their products.
  • eva_letsdance
    eva_letsdance Posts: 2,731 Member
    Thank u! I will try iso pure.
  • baileyh_
    baileyh_ Posts: 23 Member
    I love Shakeology myself. Yeah, it's expensive, but your health is well worth the investment. 99% of protein powders are loaded with chemicals and preservatives and dyes. Shakeology is natural, so it makes me feel a bit better. :)
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    I've tried progressives brown rice protein powder and it was extremely grainy in shakes, so I just ended up mixing it in when I had oats occassionally.
  • NaturallyOlivia
    NaturallyOlivia Posts: 496 Member
    I highly recommend EAS Lean. 15g of protein for 2 scoops and only 100 cal. It comes in chocolate and vanilla Creme but the vanilla Creme is by far the standout. I mix mine with 16 oz of unsweetened cashew milk by silk (a whopping 50 cal, yes you read that right. Only 50 cal for 2 cups) and I can have a filling, great tasting, effective protein shake for 150 cal. I bought mine at Walmart and it was $20.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    baileyh_ wrote: »
    I love Shakeology myself. Yeah, it's expensive, but your health is well worth the investment. 99% of protein powders are loaded with chemicals and preservatives and dyes. Shakeology is natural, so it makes me feel a bit better. :)

Yeeeaaahhh right.... :noway:

• baileyh_
    baileyh_ Posts: 23 Member
    http://rippedclub.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/shakeology-ingredients.pdf

I'm just gonna leave this here.
    Have your opinions about a product, but don't try to deny that its ingredients are natural, not chemical. :)
  • krzf
    krzf Posts: 8 Member
    I'm trying fitmiss delight...the taste is good and is low in calories.
  • carrieannetrip
    carrieannetrip Posts: 14 Member
    Vega one is amazing. .. i mix mine with almond milk & frozen strawberries. It almost fools you into thinking it's a treat... lol
  • SammiW22
    SammiW22 Posts: 1
    Right now I like Isofemme myself, comes in chocolate and vanilla and doesn't taste chalky no matter how I mix it! Not a bad price either :)
  • facat820
    facat820 Posts: 4 Member
    cicamica77 wrote: »
    Hi,

Has anyone tried this protein powder before? I mix mine with almond milk, half an avocado and froze berries. Still a bit chalky. The hfs suggested i only use 1/2 scoop a day. Any other protein powder others like? Txq48quj0ll9v8.jpg
    On gold standard is low in calories and carbohydrates but high in protein and comes in amazing flavors.
  • eva_letsdance
    eva_letsdance Posts: 2,731 Member
    Thanks for all the great suggestions. Love this site.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member

I laughed...thanks
  • Hornsby

Have your opinions about a product, but don't try to deny that its ingredients are natural, not chemical. :)

Except that even water is a chemical... you know...hydrogen and oxygen. Everything you consume is a chemical, unless you eat nothing.

Good try though.

• PrimroseFlower
    PrimroseFlower Posts: 110 Member
    Id rather just eat eggs.....
  • amphilion
    amphilion Posts: 89 Member
    Vega one is really good!
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    I'm using EAS Complete Protein now. Not out of this world flavor or texture, but it serves the purpose of cramming in 25g more of protein a day so I can get to my 90g goal.
  • SelkieGhost
    SelkieGhost Posts: 115 Member
    Really in love with Naturade Vegan Smart All-in-One. It tastes great, isn't chalky, includes an array of vitamins and minerals along with the 20grams protein and 6 grams of fiber. It's actually the first protein shake I don't have to brace myself to chug when mixed just with almond milk. It might be a little higher on calories (and a little on fat) than many other shakes - but this isn't a problem for me at the moment.
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    I brought a promixx Vortex shaker from Amazon (The batteries last for ages). It's really good for mixing shakes perfectly. No chalky bits or lumps etc. I use ON whey protein (125 cals/ 25g protein per scoop).
  • slittle80
    slittle80 Posts: 80 Member
    I'm a huge fan of Musclepharm Combat powder currently, but I've tried ON Gold Standard, and numerous others in the past.
  • chrissi_k
    chrissi_k Posts: 175 Member
    I use Plantfusion vanilla and mix it with almond milk and banana or in my smoothie and really like it.
  • Yawnetu
    Yawnetu Posts: 53 Member
    edited March 2015
    Hornsby wrote: »

Except that even water is a chemical... you know...hydrogen and oxygen. Everything you consume is a chemical, unless you eat nothing.

Good try though.

Even if you eat nothing, air is chemicals. You, my friend, are a nitrogen breather. Ha, bet you thought you were breathing mostly oxygen, didn't you? Surprise! :wink:
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    That's not a protein powder. That's a supplemental shake.

So is Shakeology. Wastes of money.

Protein powders will say "protein" on them, and the ones you want to go for that get you the most bang for the buck are the ones that read "Isolate" on the side.

This here:

http://www.canadianprotein.com/pea-protein-isolate-2lbs.html

is the cheapest per g of protein I've ever found.

Yes, they do have an American site as well.
  • Yawnetu
    Yawnetu Posts: 53 Member
    I like Bodylogix. No artificial flavors or colors and it's whey based. Lower calorie than some. Do you insist on vegan/vegetarian? Because I've never had one of those that hasn't been chalky/grainy/even chewy like hemp. GAK.
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    MY only source for whey, is from New Zealand, the brand is NOT as significant as the source... BUT I enjoy Kaizen Isolate. The New Zealand Herd is free of Hormones and Antibiotics which, as I understand it, cannot be said for whey coming from any other animal source on the planet. OF course IF you are not getting your protein from an animal source there may be perfectly good alternatives that are produced in other countries...
  • Hornsby
    Yawnetu wrote: »
    Hornsby wrote: »

Good try though.

Even if you eat nothing, air is chemicals. You, my friend, are a nitrogen breather. Ha, bet you thought you were breathing mostly oxygen, didn't you? Surprise! :wink:

Actually, yes, I already knew that. :)
  • briandap1
    briandap1 Posts: 24 Member
    After looking into protein powders I was taking Orgain for a bit. It's best when using a blender and using about 16oz of water to make sure it isn't chalky.

From what I found, if a protein shake tastes good, it's most likely not very good for you. To make it taste good means they need to add things like sugar and artificial ingredients. I recently switched to Muscle Feast Casein (unflavored) which is 100% casein and nothing else. It tastes like diluted skim milk, but it's worth what you get from it.
  • mhankosk
    mhankosk Posts: 532 Member

All things are comprised of chemicals.... All of them
  • briandap1
    briandap1 Posts: 24 Member
    Also note that when you read reviews of people who like Shakeology they often say "If you're interested, click this link and buy it through me." Classic pyramid scheme *cough* Isagenix *cough*