7 inches off my stomach

Options

Replies

• nanaoftwo0614
    nanaoftwo0614 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    That awesome. An inspiraton to alot of us trying to lose over 100+ pounds. Keep up the great work. Also, love the boxer. We've had 3 and loved everyone of them. Great dogs.
  • tretoptreece
    tretoptreece Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    That awesome. An inspiraton to alot of us trying to lose over 100+ pounds. Keep up the great work. Also, love the boxer. We've had 3 and loved everyone of them. Great dogs.

Thanks so much! :smiley:
  • taraaaxo
    taraaaxo Posts: 12
    Options
    Robertus wrote: »
    But how can one lose a whole 7 inches while only losing 9 lbs? I don't understand how this is possible.
    Im confused also lol but hey good for her :)
  • Robertus
    Robertus Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    You lost 7 inches off your waist in 8 days? It took me 6 months to lose 7 inches off my waist.

No I lost 7 inches off my stomach. Only 3 off my waist. :)
    So is the 7 inches a total of 3 inches from the waist plus 4 inches from somewhere else? Or 7 inches from somewhere else on your stomach? I'm new to this measuring thing. Thanks for the explanation. Sounds like maybe you were severely bloated from the types of food you were eating. Great progress. Keep it up!
  • tretoptreece
    Options
    I was looking at some people's food diaries and I can understand why some of you don't understand. The more protein and veggies you eat, the better results you are likely to see. I've posted pictures and tried to explain what I'm doing, I guess one would have to try themselves before they could see the results like I have. It's the same way people lose 20-30 pounds in a week. Like someone else said, everyBODY is different. I lost 7 TOTAL inches JUST off my stomach. And now it's day 15 and I've lost a total of 11 pounds and I'm still -7 inches off my stomach NOT including the 3 off my waist. Thank you to those who gave me the awesome compliments and encouraging words!
  • ashdred
    ashdred Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    "Muscle Versus Fat
    Pound-for-pound, muscle takes up less space than fat. So, as you gain muscle and lose fat, your scale numbers may not change, but your body sure does. Muscle is composed of healthy, metabolically active tissue that appears lean and smooth. Although fat weighs the same, it takes up more space and gives your body a lumpy appearance. The scale can only tell you if you’ve lost pounds, but not if you've lost fat pounds and replaced them with muscle. That's what happens when you lose inches."

Great job on your progress! I've started to consume most of my heavier carbs in the am as well, I'm hoping it will help me the same. :smile:
  • tretoptreece
    Options
    ashdred wrote: »
    "Muscle Versus Fat
    Pound-for-pound, muscle takes up less space than fat. So, as you gain muscle and lose fat, your scale numbers may not change, but your body sure does. Muscle is composed of healthy, metabolically active tissue that appears lean and smooth. Although fat weighs the same, it takes up more space and gives your body a lumpy appearance. The scale can only tell you if you’ve lost pounds, but not if you've lost fat pounds and replaced them with muscle. That's what happens when you lose inches."

Great job on your progress! I've started to consume most of my heavier carbs in the am as well, I'm hoping it will help me the same. :smile:

THANK YOU for the wonderful explanation! My best to you!
  • NEWMEKELLIB
    NEWMEKELLIB Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    when you finally find the method that works ! its like butter keep on keeping on!
    you will be at your goal shortly!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I was looking at some people's food diaries and I can understand why some of you don't understand.

You have 144lbs to go and you are now judging other people's diaries? Nice.

• tretoptreece
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    I was looking at some people's food diaries and I can understand why some of you don't understand.

Not judging just observing :wink:
  • Hornsby
    Options

Well as an observer, and someone that most people would say is successful, I would say that people who tend to cut out a ton of foods have a much higher chance of not getting to their end goal because it leads to binging on foods they previously "cut out".
  • tretoptreece
    Options

And actually it's 134 pounds to go now :smiley:
  • tretoptreece
    Options

Well as an observer, and someone that most people would say is successful, I would say that people who tend to cut out a ton of foods have a much higher chance of not getting to their end goal because it leads to binging on foods they previously "cut out".

• Kimo159
    Kimo159 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Holy smokes there's a lot of negativity here. Congratulations on your success thus far. Making the changes you have is so important and I wish you the best on your journey. 7 inches off your stomach when considering your start weight and past eating habits totally makes sense to me. You were probably super bloated from eating all that processed junk. You probably feel a million times better already.
  • tretoptreece
    edited March 2015
    Options

I disagree because I'm eating a lot of real food and a lot of protein and veggies and I am satisfied. Even sometimes having 300-400+ calories left over at the end of the day, it's a success for me. It might not be for everyone, but it's what is working for me. :#
  • tretoptreece
    Options
    Kimo159 wrote: »
    Holy smokes there's a lot of negativity here. Congratulations on your success thus far. Making the changes you have is so important and I wish you the best on your journey. 7 inches off your stomach when considering your start weight and past eating habits totally makes sense to me. You were probably super bloated from eating all that processed junk. You probably feel a million times better already.

Yes I do feel a lot better! Thank you for the encouragement. It's sad that I was trying to be a motivator and ended up having to defend my post. But I really just wanted to be an encouragement. So I'm staying positive about the naysayers.
  • Hornsby
    Options

I was all ready to be happy until she started judging other's diaries and suggesting they couldn't make progress eating a variety of foods including whatever you deem "junk".
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    I disagree because I'm eating a lot of real food and a lot of protein and veggies and I am satisfied. Even sometimes having 300-400+ calories left over at the end of the day, it's a success for me. It might not be for everyone, but it's what is working for me. :#

All food is real.
  • tretoptreece
    Options

I was all ready to be happy until she started judging other's diaries and suggesting they couldn't make progress eating a variety of foods including whatever you deem "junk".

Then just be happy and move on and stop accusing me. Haters gonna hate!
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options

Then just be happy and move on and stop accusing me. Haters gonna hate!

If anyone is hating, it's you.

I'm sensing you may be a bit jealous that some people can incorporate the very foods that made you 145 lbs overweight, and still lose weight.

The point is that you don't need to cut out any food unless you have a medical condition that requires doing so.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!