Gluten free, Dairy free and Reduced Sugar and Starch diet NEED HELP PLEASE!

Options
2»

Replies

• KKameka
    KKameka Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    KKameka wrote: »
    6oz salmon 3 scallops and 10 shrimp with 2 cups of lightly steamed asparagus.

Yum can I come to dinner :smiley:

I am a chef anyone can come to dinner.
  • KKameka
    Options
    thanks Lisa i'll get back to you about steak, and if it is helping. lol :)
  • lisawinning4losing
    lisawinning4losing Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Lol. Yeah, I totally want to come over for dinner if that's what you're cooking! Save a space for me!

In all seriousness, maybe you should talk to your doctor about it? Not sure what else to say. You're dealing with a medical issue, and I am not a medical expert. Best of luck to you. <3
  • jt880
    jt880 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    My suggestion to you is to incorporate a vegan-type lifestyle if you can't live without meat add in organic grass-fed beef and the like its one of the most important things to consider because of the amount of hormones that they are giving the animals before they are slaughtered, and then they spray on more chemicals to "preserve" the meat such as ammonia..stick to around 3-4oz but i wouldn't consume it often. Almond flour or coconut flour is very good to use as a substitute for flour, Almond milk and Coconut milk are very delicious and are better for you than regular milk (and you can even make icecream with it!) you can use coconut cream/oil as substitutes for butter and its very good for your health, incorporate a-lot of veggies you can make many different dishes without all the additives as a chef you should be natural at this :) chocolatecoveredkatie.com has a lot of interesting dessert recipes and some breakfast and dinner recipes that include sugar free, dairy free, gf all in one recipe that tastes very good (I use her site alot). Ohsheglows.com has many recipes that are filling and very good.. Brown rice is good and you can buy brown rice pastas now, cut the refined sugar introduce stevia (the plant) not the fake stuff at the grocery store. eat plenty of veg and fruits and beans and nuts...well hope this helps

This is awesome advice. Having hypo condition myself and fighting it for years and feeling like crap got me no where fast. I even gained weight. It really is the food mainly inflammatory foods that are processed. Look at paleo foods too (not the diet) being hypo the best thing you can do is reset how you think about food. Keep a journal of foods that make you sick and avoid them at all cost. You will be hungry in the short term while you break the addictions. Its not easy but worth it. Also drink a lot of healthy water a ton of it.
  • KKameka
    Options
    water and beef got it.....
  • jt880
    Options
    beef is inflamatory so in moderate amounts.
  • KKameka
    Options
    Red meat kills me now i know why
  • jt880
    Options
    My rule is if I eat it and it runs out its inflammatory so avoid or limit levels.
  • KKameka
    Options
    I get pain cramping and consipation
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    For gluten free baking add a teaspoon of xanthan gum to any replacement flours ..acts as a gluten replacement and you get less crumbling

..one of my favourite gluten free cakes: http://www.nigella.com/recipes/view/clementine-cake-2559

• Firefly_71
    Firefly_71 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi there! You might want to check out a Paleo / Ketogenic/ Low-carb High-fat diet.
    Leanne Vogel has a great blog that implements these principals, and she tends to avoid dairy. Since you are a chef, I would also check out the Nom-Nom Paleo blog (her cook book just received a James Beard nomination). I'm not sure if you are interested in weight loss, but if you follow a LCHF diet, you will soon find that you are able to eat relatively low calories with minimal hunger. I eat about 1200-1300 hundred calories a day, and I don't get hungry. I am also currently carrying at least an extra 100 lbs, so the fact that I can eat so little and not be hungry is astonishing to me. I know that this is because I am being intentional about adding more fats to my diet. Also I don't overdo it on protein (Did you know that if you eat too much protein your body will process it as a carb?).

My macros are 70 percent fat, 20 percent protein, and 10 percent carb. I eat a lot of grassfed beef, pork, organic, free-range chicken, pastured eggs, low-carb non starch veggies, etc. I some times cheat, and I love cheese ... (so sad to hear you have to avoid it). I am 44 and after trying many weight loss methods this is the only diet that has really worked for me. I have found lots of opportunity to get creative and bake with coconut and almond flours etc. If you want recipe ideas just go to Pinterest and look up the Paleo, Keto or Low Carb version of your favorite item. What got me started on this whole kick was hearing about and then starting to drink bulletproof coffee in the morning: coffee blended with grassfed butter and MCT oil (a derivative of coconut oil). I love me my coffee and half and half, but I actually really like the grassfed butter and MCT oil (you might be able to swap out the butter for Ghee, which has the caseins removed). Dave Asprey's blog explains its benefits ad-infinitum. And from there I started getting interested in the Paleo / LCHF / Keto principals and how they can assist weight loss. Anyway, feel free to friend me if you would like more info. Oh, and the good news: Following this strategy I have lost 10 lbs since February 1st!
  • Firefly_71
    Firefly_71 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    So, just to add a few more notes - I would really look at playing around with your macros. You may find that you can eat less protein, and maybe even less carbs. Definitely add more fats to your diet. Coconut oil. Avocado oil. Straight-up avocados. Eggs. Olive Oil. Ghee (if your doctor says its ok). MCT Oil (Whole Foods carries it, or you can order it from Amazon).

If you don't want to pour oil on your food (who does?), create some drinks that incorporate it. I love Chai or Ginger Tea (non-caffeinated) with Grassfed Butter, and MCT Oil. I also make Turmeric Milk (also called Golden Milk) and add MCT Oil at night. It helps me sleep better, burn weight at night, and wake up in the morning less sore. Good luck!
  • mokaiba
    mokaiba Posts: 141 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    KKameka wrote: »
    My name is Katrina,
    I have just recently been told that I am gluten, lactose and insulin intolerant and that i have an under active thyroid! Therefore, I have been put on a strict diet, no dairy, no gluten and reduced sugar and starches! I have medication for my thyroid, which is under control; however I am a Chef and since this has all happen, I have a strong will and can stick to any plan! But I AM HUNGRY! I was wondering if anyone is going through the same thing? Or if anyone had any advice on not feeling hungry.... by choosing different types of food. As I write this write now I AM HUNGRY.....please if anyone has any advice I have open ears! Thanks

I think my dairy meets those requirements (minus the potato and butter). Should give a chef some ideas. :)
  • jt880
    Options
    Firefly_71 wrote: »
    Hi there! You might want to check out a Paleo / Ketogenic/ Low-carb High-fat diet.
    Leanne Vogel has a great blog that implements these principals, and she tends to avoid dairy. Since you are a chef, I would also check out the Nom-Nom Paleo blog (her cook book just received a James Beard nomination). I'm not sure if you are interested in weight loss, but if you follow a LCHF diet, you will soon find that you are able to eat relatively low calories with minimal hunger. I eat about 1200-1300 hundred calories a day, and I don't get hungry. I am also currently carrying at least an extra 100 lbs, so the fact that I can eat so little and not be hungry is astonishing to me. I know that this is because I am being intentional about adding more fats to my diet. Also I don't overdo it on protein (Did you know that if you eat too much protein your body will process it as a carb?).

This is gold and I do the exact same thing. In fact I made a list of foods that make me sick in one way or another and avoid them. Funny thing happened I started feeling better and my energy returned. I guess thats what I get for not poisoning myself anymore.
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I am Dairy free, Gluten free, Soy free and currently working on Sugar free but I do eat Low sugar.

My protein macro sits around 35 to 40 and I feel more satiated when my protein levels are met. I have found two Vegan non dairy, non soy, gluten free protein powders that help me out in a pinch (MRM and Genuine Health). Gluten Free oatmeal, celery and tuna, baked chicken breast and spinach salads can keep me satisfied for a long time, If you are always hungry try increasing your protein and fiber foods. I have been dairy free for over 15 years and can't tell you how glad I am they came out with almond, cashew, and coconut milks.

Hope this helps
  • KKameka
    Options
    gluten free protein powders that help me out in a pinch (MRM and Genuine Health). Gluten Free oatmeal, celery and tuna, baked chicken breast and spinach salads can keep me satisfied for a long time, If you are always hungry try increasing your protein and fiber foods.

Thank you, it never even crossed my mind a protein powder, love love love celery it helps out a lot.