Half marathon training

Options
13»

Replies

• hermann341
    hermann341 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Just finished my 5th full and am working on my 13th half for Apr, 14th half beginning of May, 6th full end of May, 15th half in June, 7th full in Sep, 16th half the week following the full, and 17th half in Nov. I'm always training for something. ;)
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Yep! I've got my 9th half on April 26 and my 2nd full marathon on May 31. Running a long 16 this Sunday and I'm so glad the icy sidewalks will have melted by then! YAY SPRING!
  • KayleeU
    KayleeU Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Ceci_O_K wrote: »
    My first half is on April 11. At first my goal was just to finish. Now I'm aiming for around 2 1/2 hours. I'm on week 16 of a modified 20 week training plan I found online. I am incorporating speed intervals or hill repeats one day a week.

There is a group on here for rookies with daily run check-ins.

Where can I find the group? I would love that. My first I wanted to just finish too and be able to run the whole time. I wSnt fast but I did what I set out to do.
  • KayleeU
    Options
    hermann341 wrote: »
    Just finished my 5th full and am working on my 13th half for Apr, 14th half beginning of May, 6th full end of May, 15th half in June, 7th full in Sep, 16th half the week following the full, and 17th half in Nov. I'm always training for something. ;)

That's awesome! I really want to make that my goal to... So I can akways have something to help push me to get better
  • KayleeU
    Options
    Yep! I've got my 9th half on April 26 and my 2nd full marathon on May 31. Running a long 16 this Sunday and I'm so glad the icy sidewalks will have melted by then! YAY SPRING!

That's awesome! Where do you live where it is icy? The weather is absolutely beautiful here now. Makes early morning runs or evening runs more enjoyable
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    KayleeU wrote: »
    Ceci_O_K wrote: »
    My first half is on April 11. At first my goal was just to finish. Now I'm aiming for around 2 1/2 hours. I'm on week 16 of a modified 20 week training plan I found online. I am incorporating speed intervals or hill repeats one day a week.

There is a group on here for rookies with daily run check-ins.

Where can I find the group? I would love that. My first I wanted to just finish too and be able to run the whole time. I wSnt fast but I did what I set out to do.

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/102622-2015-half-marathon-first-timers
  • megkarson
    megkarson Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm training for my first half in May. I live at 7500ft and training up here but the race will be at sea level. I'm hoping to crush it! (As in finish and with a moderate/decent time for a beginner). I'm hoping I will be faster and feel great with 25% more oxygen for the race!
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I've got a 50k in June, a marathon in August and a 50 miler in September. There's another 50 miler in August that I really wanted to do but it's the weekend after the marathon and I haven't decided yet if I want to put myself through that.
    FatMoojor wrote: »
    Currently training for a 100k. Got out at the weekend for my first proper run in a while and managed 7 miles on Saturday and 13 on Sunday. I'm just trying to get as much time as possible.
    I have a marathon I am going to run in June as part of my training. I am really not looking forward to the 7 or 8 hour training runs around July time.

Good luck! I did a 100k back in October, it was an amazing experience!

• FitFitzy331
    FitFitzy331 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    My first half is Sunday but I'm planning to do 1-2 more and a 15k before the year is out!
  • kpw818
    kpw818 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    First half on 4/4 and have a 10 mile race at the end of April. I will probably do another half in the fall after recovering from surgery this summer.
  • amrunner69
    amrunner69 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Training for SAN Francisco marathon in July. Like to always have a race or two on my schedule.
  • krissyreminisce
    krissyreminisce Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I'm training for my first half marathon in May! I'm pretty pumped!
  • tavenne323
    tavenne323 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Just started training for a half. Mine is June 20. I "ran" it many years ago and hated it so much! I also didn't do any training then. This year I'm following a program and hoping to hate it less. ;) Feel free to add me.
  • stingrayinfl
    stingrayinfl Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Kayleeu..you will beat your previous time. Are you running a half where there will be pacing groups? If so, ask the 2:15 how they are going to pace...steady pace or fast? If they start out too fast, back off, but keep them in site. If they are going a steady pace, 10:19 or so.., stay with them or get ahead. Good pacers that are having a good day pacing will be 30secs under goal when they cross the finish line. That means they nailed it.There are many training programs. Hal Higdon is a great one. Run Kalee Run