A real man should eat his crocodile! Unusual food you eat:)

Options
Lately I bought some exotic meats and like venison sausages and crocodile burgers a lot! Great lean meats and crocodile burgers were so juicy and tasty! Never ate a better burgers and with 6g of fat per burger that was a treat!

Does anyone recommend and exotic meats or other food good for us?:)

Replies

• nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Gator tail is pretty tasty.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    I use an online supplier who sells the following...

Horse
    Ostrich
    Crocodile
    Mouflon
    Llama
    Venison
    Springbok
    Zebra
    Kangaroo
    Buffalo
    Reindeer
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    I'm not a guy but...

I love bison and buffalo. There is a place close to my house that sells AWESOME venison summer sausage. Elk is pretty good. I do remember liking turtle.

I was not a fan of ostrich though!
  • Greeneyedgrl_24
    Greeneyedgrl_24 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Ostrich and buffalo burgers are pretty amazing. The years my brother gets a deer, I'll have chicken fried venison and it's incredible. :)
  • beachhouse758
    beachhouse758 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I'm not a guy either but I love gator tail with cocktail sauce, venison burgers and bison chili
    I also love pheasant, octopus, squid, eel etc...
    I've always wanted to try snake, but haven't found it easily
    Oddly enough, I don't care
    Much for chicken but still eat it .
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Ah I had crocodile when I was a little girl. I remember liking it well.
  • mimikins2412
    mimikins2412 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I live on the prairies and there is a lot of local game available. Bison, elk, deer --- all tasty and low in fat!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »
    I use an online supplier who sells the following...

Horse
    Ostrich
    Crocodile
    Mouflon
    Llama
    Venison
    Springbok
    Zebra
    Kangaroo
    Buffalo
    Reindeer
    Wow, that sounds amazing!

I've only really had deer and bison, both of which were really good. Mealworms are pretty good if you're into that.

• krzysztof1986
    krzysztof1986 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'm not a guy either but I love gator tail with cocktail sauce, venison burgers and bison chili
    I also love pheasant, octopus, squid, eel etc...
    I've always wanted to try snake, but haven't found it easily
    Oddly enough, I don't care
    Much for chicken but still eat it .

I ate squid once at a Chinese restaurant and it was amazing!

By the way, by some meats you girls and guy put here I didnt even know people eat them:D great stuff! Wish I had a good source of them in NI:/

• Taran89
    Taran89 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Lately I bought some exotic meats and like venison sausages and crocodile burgers a lot! Great lean meats and crocodile burgers were so juicy and tasty! Never ate a better burgers and with 6g of fat per burger that was a treat!

Does anyone recommend and exotic meats or other food good for us?:)

I love crocodile meat. Kangaroo is also tasty along with emu, buffalo, ostrich, and zebra.
  • kelseymallen
    kelseymallen Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Kangaroo and antelope are some of the best tasting meats I've ever had.
  • Nikkei74
    Nikkei74 Posts: 48 Member
    Options

I ate squid once at a Chinese restaurant and it was amazing!
    I didn't even know squid was unusual. It's delicious! I wish crocodile was more readily available where I live.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    The only one of these I normally eat (well, depends on how my hunt went... which hasn't been so good the last couple years) is venison, but I don't see it as exotic.

I've had (on rare occasions) rocky mountain oysters (i.e. bull testicles), frog legs, crawfish, alligator, bison, elk, ostrich, etc.

Some of the things mentioned that I have never had an opportunity to try: squid, crocodile, kangaroo, antelope, springbok (the animal, I mean... I've had the alcoholic drink), horse, and zebra. Now I want to try some of it... if only once. And I need to find out who is @cityruss supplier.
  • kazminchu
    kazminchu Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of Ostrich steaks, they're so delicious. Also love moose leg. Oddly enough I really wasn't a fan of crocodile. I think because to me it tasted like fishy pork, and I'm not a fan of fish OR pork.
    My meat supplier does a whole exotic section, in my freezer currently I have horse fillet, wild boar burgers, and the aforementioned ostrich and moose leg steaks.
    Variety is the spice of life. ;)
  • tekkiechikk
    tekkiechikk Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Venison is a favorite, of course I'm not sure how exotic that is. Bison is very good, too. Have had crocodile and it always tasted kind of muddy to me, maybe it wasn't prepared properly. I like ostrich but it's not on a lot of menus where I live. The best meat I have ever eaten, however, is moose. Tenderest, moistest, most flavorful wild game I've ever had.
  • DC_TheDrivah1
    DC_TheDrivah1 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I wanna try shark!
  • krzysztof1986
    krzysztof1986 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I wanna try shark!

I've heard shark is amazing!
  • kickassbarbie
    kickassbarbie Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Well being a real woman Im currently trying to work through the unusual meats. Bison is great, bison steaks, bison burgers...
    Kangaroo burgers are awesome but the steaks not so much (Maybe I over cooked it? Idk) Ostrich was kinda tangy, not to be repeated. I'm also really into those dead bug protein snacks in place of Jerky atm.
    Got a big bag or assorted protein insects offline.

But wild boar is just amazing! Have bought a load now.

I've a crocodile steak in the fridge right now. What did you guys eat with yours? I'm thinking home made fries and salad so far.....
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I wanna try shark!

My Dad caught a shark on the beach when I was a kid, but he didn't feel like preparing it to eat so he gave it to some people who were watching.

But then I just remembered while typing this, I HAVE tried shark and it was delicious.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I tried crocodile tail for the first time the other day! Eat Kangaroo every day....

Don't get other unusual meats easily where I am...