Beach body

Options
shakeology , 21 say fix ect ect.. I kbow what my views are what are yours?

Replies

• cherrylholden
    cherrylholden Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I prefer ultimate thermofit from it works and their protein powders over shakeology.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    No.
  • fellowtraveler87
    fellowtraveler87 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Don't even know what you're talking about...
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    :huh:
  • K3rB3ar89
    K3rB3ar89 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about "it works" but I can't shake the idea that these products are just products keeping Up with the craz and making a killing! I'm on a mommy group in my city and there are girls highly promoting it and didn't like that I was discouraging people from it and save there money! I just thought I would check how you guys felt but I already knew the answer I just get a kick outta some of the comments about this crap lol
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    My views: Overpriced crap & annoying pyramid marketing schemes. I think it's hilarious how much they sell colored tupperware containers for! You can get those at the dollar store.
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

He is talking about BeachBody.com which has new programs coming out all the time.

21 Day Fix, P90X. Insanity, Focus T25 are all work out programs. Shakeology is a "smoothie" meal replacement thing that is expensive and I have never tried.

I tried Insanity, but it turned out I had Lyme's Disease so it was super painful for my joints and combined with a medication that it turns out I was allergic to giving me heart attack symptoms, the whole experience sucked and I haven't tried again.

ETA: not really a fair shake for the program since i barely got a week in, but it was truly the most awful experience I've ever had.
  • K3rB3ar89
    Options

My views: Overpriced crap & annoying pyramid marketing schemes. I think it's hilarious how much they sell colored tupperware containers for! You can get those at the dollar store.

That's pretty much what I said! Then I was like they give you an eating plan you will do for like 3 days if that and then BINGE out hardcore on junk because your body won't be used too eating well.. Me now I got to a point I eat too much or two much crap abs my stomach actually hurts and I feel like getting sick. I recommended if she try the fix to ease her way into eating healthy and working out because that idea to me would backfire quickly!! Another thing that got me was they promoted the fix but you ask any of them and there on there like 6th cycle to lose like 20 pounds! I can't justify it and what happens when they stop?! This seems like the worst idea ever! Lol

• K3rB3ar89
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Josalinn wrote: »

He is talking about BeachBody.com which has new programs coming out all the time.

21 Day Fix, P90X. Insanity, Focus T25 are all work out programs. Shakeology is a "smoothie" meal replacement thing that is expensive and I have never tried.

I tried Insanity, but it turned out I had Lyme's Disease so it was super painful for my joints and combined with a medication that it turns out I was allergic to giving me heart attack symptoms, the whole experience sucked and I haven't tried again.

ETA: not really a fair shake for the program since i barely got a week in, but it was truly the most awful experience I've ever had.

I'm a girl:) lol just so you know:p I tried p90x like two weeks but decided I was Gonna do another round of 30 day shred and hit up some classes at the gym instead:)
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    my thoughts are save your money and use MFP for your weight loss goals....
  • fanoula169
    fanoula169 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I do insanity when I can't make it to the gym and from time to time drink the shakology, to be honest the shake does work, but I'm not a fan of the flavor and consistancy (I use chocolate) no matter how many different recipes I try I'm jut not crazy about it
  • ndj1979
    Options
    fanoula169 wrote: »
    I do insanity when I can't make it to the gym and from time to time drink the shakology, to be honest the shake does work, but I'm not a fan of the flavor and consistancy (I use chocolate) no matter how many different recipes I try I'm jut not crazy about it

I am generally curious, what does that shake work for? What does it do that my whey protein does not do?
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

I am generally curious, what does that shake work for? What does it do that my whey protein does not do?

It lightens your wallet and helps you support your acquaintance's side-business
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    The only BB workout I've done is the Brazilian Butt Lift and I hated it--hard to follow because it jumps around like a music video and I felt like only the floor exercise unit worked. Gave up after a few days.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    As an exercise video series, it's the same as any other, but more costly.

As a meal replacement plan (shakeology), it's a sham.
  • K3rB3ar89
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

It lightens your wallet and helps you support your acquaintance's side-business

Ah Hahahahaha I laughed so hard at that a frickin snorted! That's hilariously true! They say that it has all these vitamins your body needs that most people don't get but the way I see it is if you eat healthy maybe take a multi vitamin you should be alright lol... They promote the fact it works out to 4.00 a shake.. But it's just a craze
  • TrishaCisneros
    TrishaCisneros Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Soooo, I'm a mom of twin toddlers and I work full time. I also live something like 2 hours from a gym (SUUUPER rural). I absolutely LOVE beachbody programs, primarily TurboFire and P90x3. I also like Shakeology, and trust me, it took FOREVER for me to even try it, and when I did, I hated it. However, it helped me get some good nutrition in the morning and by golly I was feeling a whole lot better about two weeks in. I don't drink it anymore, but I do miss it.

Also, I am a former coach, which renders my POV pointless here, but I don't do that anymore. So, no compensation for me! lol
  • UtahWI
    UtahWI Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Soooo, ( :-) ) I am also a former coach, quit in January. I did it for my own discount and have never sold a thing or tried to sell anything to anybody. There's the disclaimer.
    I also love to work out at home, especially in the winter. I go to the Y to swim and sometimes use machines, but otherwise it is home or outside. I enjoy the programs a LOT, for me it is P90X3, 21DF, 21DFX. I started BB programs with Insanity years ago. I also have stuff from a number of other sources-DVDs and streaming/downloads and rotate in and out of BB programs. I think that the BB programs have quality production with good instruction overall, depending on how you click with an instructor, just like any other fitness production company.
    I used to use Shakeology somewhat, that is why I became a coach in the first place. Gosh I love a discount. But now I don't use it and there was no point, it wasn't financially a good decision.
    I am going to say the same thing about the containers I always do. They are a gimmick. But if they are a gimmick that helps get a concept across to someone, how is it your problem how people spend their money? I got the containers when I ordered, I am using them to hold craft supplies. I bought the program for the workouts and plugged the nutrition recs into MFP and that works just fine for me.

And yes, they are just products and it IS a business. They are really good at marketing and it seems to piss people off. Not sure why there is more ire directed at BB than any other company regarding its products. Ire directed at pushy coaches all over the place, well, that is well placed annoyance. Although I find them in keeping with the newly minted tastefully Simple, Scentsy, 31, and Lia Sophia salespeople amongst my friends who annoyingly clog up my facebook with that crap. The better coaches are much more subtle, actually helpful, and not annoying.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    UtahWI wrote: »
    Soooo, ( :-) ) I am also a former coach, quit in January. I did it for my own discount and have never sold a thing or tried to sell anything to anybody. There's the disclaimer.
    I also love to work out at home, especially in the winter. I go to the Y to swim and sometimes use machines, but otherwise it is home or outside. I enjoy the programs a LOT, for me it is P90X3, 21DF, 21DFX. I started BB programs with Insanity years ago. I also have stuff from a number of other sources-DVDs and streaming/downloads and rotate in and out of BB programs. I think that the BB programs have quality production with good instruction overall, depending on how you click with an instructor, just like any other fitness production company.
    I used to use Shakeology somewhat, that is why I became a coach in the first place. Gosh I love a discount. But now I don't use it and there was no point, it wasn't financially a good decision.
    I am going to say the same thing about the containers I always do. They are a gimmick. But if they are a gimmick that helps get a concept across to someone, how is it your problem how people spend their money? I got the containers when I ordered, I am using them to hold craft supplies. I bought the program for the workouts and plugged the nutrition recs into MFP and that works just fine for me.

And yes, they are just products and it IS a business. They are really good at marketing and it seems to piss people off. Not sure why there is more ire directed at BB than any other company regarding its products. Ire directed at pushy coaches all over the place, well, that is well placed annoyance. Although I find them in keeping with the newly minted tastefully Simple, Scentsy, 31, and Lia Sophia salespeople amongst my friends who annoyingly clog up my facebook with that crap. The better coaches are much more subtle, actually helpful, and not annoying.

I believe they draw ire because they claim that their "shakes" have special ingredients that make somehow make them better than a protein shake and a multivitamin.

As a small business owner, I totally get what they are doing and can appreciate that they have marketed and profited off their brand. However, IMO, that brand is based on pseudoscience and has nothing to do with actual nutrition.