Recovering From Anorexia ( 19 yrs old ) SERIOUS GAME ATTITUDE !

Options
2»

Replies

• urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    :D Welcome!
  • XC_Guitar17
    Options
    Hey! It's nice to meet you.

I'm so glad to hear that you're currently in recovery for anorexia. Also, it's cool that you ran cross country and want to get back into that. I actually run cross country, so I know what an awesome sport it is.

I wish you the best of luck as you begin this amazing journey! You can do it!

Feel free to add me if you want.
  • XC_Guitar17
    Options
    People without anorexia often view those who suffer with the disease as perhaps - misinformed . However , anorexia can develope in any background no matter profession , age , or sex . It is a mental illness . It became my coping skill throughout many child hood stresses but I am also not my anorexia . I have anorexia but I am also a person like any other .

I'm here because Id love to meet those who have healthy goals , practice self love , and self care .

I'm also here because I am in recovery .

Like said before , I was a runner . I have also studied greatly in health and fitness . I don't lack knowledge of either . I simply lack the skill of putting it into action and also have a disease which alters my body image and likes to sit upon my shoulder as a disguised " angel " . However , it is a complete and utter demon . I have struggled for three years and have been admitted 10+ times .

I have been through many programs as well as many health and fitness classes . In fact , my recovery goal is later working as a personal trainer .

Health and fitness is a personal interest and has been since grade 3 . I just got lost in a sea of traumas which triggered and formed my anorexia .

But I am becoming more .

This reads like poetry. It's inspiring, seriously! You're a great writer.

And I agree that you "have anorexia but [are] a person like any other." People are quick to label those struggling with any type of disease as just "an alcoholic," just a "drug addict," just an "anorexic," or just a "bulimic." But people struggling with disease are not defined by that disease. It does not become their name, their label. Instead, those people struggling are "a man with alcoholism," "a boy struggling with a drug addiction," "a girl in recovery from anorexia," and "a biker in recovery from bulimia,"

At least that's what we learned in my college psychology class.

• XC_Guitar17
    Options
    emdeesea wrote: »
    Are you trying to gain or lose? Your profile says you're trying to lose.
    Gain . I had to update my information .

So is there like a reason that it still says losing is your goal now, about 2 weeks after you said you had updated your profile?

I'm totally not trying to make you mad or argue with you. I'm just asking this so that you know what your profile says in case there's a weird glitch or something.

• emilybradshaw25
    Options
    You are so inspiring!! Good luck with your recovery o:) (*) you sound very strong minded and determined to reach your goals! <3 my profile also says 'lost ..kg' and seems like there is no option to change this but I am gaining weight. Like you I increased calorie intake slowly and built up an appetite now I aim for 3000 calories a day. Feel free to add me!! <3
  • josueg123
    josueg123 Posts: 18 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I've been really inspired from reading your post. Literally once I got done reading the first thing I said was "**** yeah, this person is awesome and I would love to be their friend" stay focused and stay motivated. You aren't your illness, you're so much more than that. Show it to the world.
  • occultllama
    occultllama Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You may add me if you like, I am also recovering? But I haven't started treatment yet so everything is still pretty messed up calorie wise. I'll let you decide if you want to be friends, I know seeing someone else struggling while you are trying to get better can be triggering.
  • Katerina9408
    Katerina9408 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Wish u luck ! You can do this ! :)
  • JTGJTG
    JTGJTG Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Good luck, wj! I think this is a very good medium for you -- my sister was anorexic (due to a horrible trauma, not her fault) and, for her, it was about having control over something in her life more than about the food. She still likes to feel in control of her life, but it's in a healthy way. Congrats on the decision to get better... it does.