I HAVE to go to Black Bear Diner tmw... Help...

Options
DC_TheDrivah1
DC_TheDrivah1 Posts: 77 Member
edited March 2015 in Food and Nutrition
In a situation where I HAVE to go out for breakfast tmw morning with a buddy of mine at Black Bear Diner. And it would be weird and suck to be the only one not eating. So my plan was to skip my at-home breakfast and just eat there. I've never been there though so I don't really know how they roll as far as healthy food.

Have any of you been there for breakfast? Know of any healthy breakfast choices that they offer? I'm sure they serve egg whites almost everywhere now days right? My normal breakfast is around 500-550 calories so that's what I have to work with. Help!

PS: please no BBD menu links lol.

Replies

• lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    Why not look at the menu?
  • DC_TheDrivah1
    Options

I tried but idk... Lol. I feel like I need either a nutrition facts page of their menu or someone to say "yo, get this! I got this before and it's 500 cal" or whatever. Ya know?
  • AshZie
    AshZie Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    There is a nutrition PDF that you can download if you Google it. It also looks like they have an under 500 calorie section on their menu.
  • DC_TheDrivah1
    Options
    @AshZie‌ Sweet! Thank you.
  • AshZie
    AshZie Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    No problem. Enjoy your breakfast :)
  • DC_TheDrivah1
    Options
    Fit & Focused Farmer's Scramble! 340 kcal. Sounds ok to me!
  • artemis222
    artemis222 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I have this problem at local diners that don't have web pages like that. Usually, if it SOUNDS unhealthy, it probably is. Also, ask the wait staff about what is put into meals and you can always ask them to do it a little differently. Like, say, egg whites instead of whole eggs, or ask if they have egg substitute.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

Fail, if you're out and paying for a meal, calories should be the last thing you consider if at all
  • jfcarlson713
    jfcarlson713 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Why don't you want the whole egg? Breakfast is one of the easiest meals to eat out. 2 eggs, toast and fruit. Done and done.
  • mynameistrish
    mynameistrish Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Acapulco Scramble for the win! Very good.
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    You do know at most places you CAN order off menu items.

all-bacon-and-eggs.jpg
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    22 year old male who by the looks of your profile picture exercises.

There is nothing on that menu that would make the slightest difference to your long term weight management.

Pick whatever you like, log it, get on with life.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    Acg67 wrote: »

Fail, if you're out and paying for a meal, calories should be the last thing you consider if at all

I agree.
    mm chocolate lava cake
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    What just happened here?
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

Doesn't look like much of a breakfast to me. The 340 calories don't include the toast or fruit. I'd pick something filling.
    o.jpg
    DisplayImage.aspx?MID=1436856
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

I tried but idk... Lol. I feel like I need either a nutrition facts page of their menu or someone to say "yo, get this! I got this before and it's 500 cal" or whatever. Ya know?

So basically you want to do no actual research of your own? It looks like there was a nutritional info PDF provided, but let's just say for a minute there wasn't. How would any of the random strangers on MFP who may have eaten at the same restaurant before been able to definitively state how many calories are in a particular restaurant meal?

Eating one meal at a restaurant should not stress you out this much.
  • DC_TheDrivah1
    Options
    @usmcmp‌ aw what, that's horrible lol. Thank you. I think I'll just piece food items together like someone mentioned above.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    @usmcmp‌ aw what, that's horrible lol. Thank you. I think I'll just piece food items together like someone mentioned above.

During contest prep I would have breakfast out sometimes and would build my own meal. That is ONLY during competition prep. Other than that I enjoy life as much as possible and have a day where I eat at my TDEE (it's good for hormones).
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    My go to diner breakfast (when I'm not hungover) is two eggs sunny side up and bacon.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »
    22 year old male who by the looks of your profile picture exercises.

There is nothing on that menu that would make the slightest difference to your long term weight management.

Pick whatever you like, log it, get on with life.

This...

Or if it stresses you out that much, I don't know of any restaurant in the world that serves breakfast that wouldn't just serve you a couple scrambled eggs with some bacon and/or sausage.