Polar Loop vs Fit bit

Options
hi everyone, I am seriously looking in to buying a polar loop or a Fitbit but can't decide which is better. I've read reviews online and there are so many mixed reviews.
Has anyone on my fitness pal bought a polar loop or a Fitbit? If so how would you rate it?

Replies

• debbienewton08
    debbienewton08 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have the Polar Loop and I really like it. Not sure how it compares against the Fitbit, but as I already had a polar heart rate monitor it made the most sense.
    The two main things I'd read against it was the fairly short battery life and the need to cut the band, both of which nearly put me off it. Cutting the band was a worry, but I think it was worth it. I like the fastening on this much more than a lot of the other trackers. It feels more secure. As for the battery, it generally lasts 2-3 days but it only takes about an hour to recharge so it's not that bad.
    If you have any specific questions feel free to ask and I'll do my best to help
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit One (love it) and my husband has a Polar Loop.

If I were looking for a wrist worn device, I'd buy the Loop. Fitbit does have wrist devices now that use a heart rate monitor - but not the chest strap kind. Loop works with a chest strap HRM (sold separately) and the chest is more accurate/reliable than wrist. The new Fitbit wrist devices are HUGE/bulky, and the Fitbit Flex (smaller/reasonable size for the wrist) does not show data on the device itself. So in my opinion they do not have a 'good' wrist option.

Loop is waterproof, Fitbit is water resistant. I think that is also an advantage for Loop.

Now I like my One and hope if it ever stops working they are still sold. (I've had it for 15 months.) I clip it to my pocket/waist area and do not wear a watch. Don't want to wear a wrist device, and the One seems very accurate. Does not count 'false' steps from what I can tell. Fitbit wrist devices have a known problem that they may not count steps when you're pushing a cart/stroller. Not sure if Polar Loop has the same issue - and haven't thought to test it when out shopping w/ Hubby.
    veanna111 wrote: »
    hi everyone, I am seriously looking in to buying a polar loop or a Fitbit but can't decide which is better. I've read reviews online and there are so many mixed reviews.
    Has anyone on my fitness pal bought a polar loop or a Fitbit? If so how would you rate it?

• Rlnieman
    Rlnieman Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Have you picked one yet? I have a polar loop and yesterday I bought the fitbit charge HR. I've been wearing my loop for awhile, but wearing both since yesterday afternoon. I'm going to check the results in the morning to see how it works out.
  • veanna111
    veanna111 Posts: 22
    Options
    I bought the Fitbit charge HR, I tried the polar loop and decided for me that the Fitbit was best for me. Couple things I don't like is that HR and step count is not very accurate but with polar loop you would need to buy separate heart rate monitor. I know if I want more accurate reading then to go with a chest strap monitor but overall the Fitbit I find is more stylish and works good enough for me as well as gives me the extra motivation to get to my goal :)
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I want to get the loop and heart rate monitor. The fitbit zip is said to be the most accurate steps wise.
  • Renee428
    Renee428 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Rlnieman wrote: »
    Have you picked one yet? I have a polar loop and yesterday I bought the fitbit charge HR. I've been wearing my loop for awhile, but wearing both since yesterday afternoon. I'm going to check the results in the morning to see how it works out.

I have the Fitbit Charge HR and I like it but thinking of switching to the Loop. I really want the accuracy of the chest strap. I have the Polar FT60 and love my watch but I want something that will sync and count my steps. What was your outcome on both devices. Which one are you keeping.
  • tardifleeann
    Options
    If u guys havent heard about vivofit by garmen. Its a really great one. I know bunch of people that have it and love it