Feels like I'm eating way more calories

Options
Than what it makes out or am i really not eating much? I have breakfast at 9:00-9:30am
then have fruit as a snack about 12 then have lunch which is my sandwich around 2-3pm
then dinner anywhere between 6-7pm & i have diet coke, black coffee water & orange squash as drinks oh and by the way I'm not very active.
Please take a look at my diary & tell me if thats enough

Replies

• nadiahappy12
    Options
    bump
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    If your goal is to maintain you need to double your intake at least..if you're trying to lose weight, eat up to your 1360 goal, dont try to be under it. Your body needs nourishment and food just to function even if you feel like you're feeding it enough. Show it some love for all it does for you and give it some more food, 800 calories is not enough
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Until a few days ago, you set your goal for 500 calories a day. That is SO UNHEALTHY! Even my sister on a strict doctor supervised diet and my brother-in-law who had bariatric surgery under strict supervision were eating 800.

I am sedentary, over 50, and have maintained for 3 years on 1700 calories (plus added exercise). Your calculated maintenance is about the same as mine. EAT IT.

Listen to all the health professionals who made those calorie recommendations.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Weren't you asking for advice in the gaining section a few weeks ago? What is up with the 500 cal goals. Please seek help
  • malovafarms
    malovafarms Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    pepsi max can't be 5 Cal.. thats probably the only thing I saw.. your meals look healthy just add a bit too them .. you'll probably won't want to reach for soda with more food nutrients in ya to keep energy levels up... but yeah i guess its a bit rude telling u what and what not to to eat ! My opinion :)
  • nadiahappy12
    Options
    pepsi max can't be 5 Cal.. thats probably the only thing I saw.. your meals look healthy just add a bit too them .. you'll probably won't want to reach for soda with more food nutrients in ya to keep energy levels up... but yeah i guess its a bit rude telling u what and what not to to eat ! My opinion :)
    How many calories is it?
    The amount I eat feels massive to me . It seems like Im constantly eating aswell.
    Maybe its because Im eating more vegetables or something.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    How many calories is it?
    The amount I eat feels massive to me . It seems like Im constantly eating aswell.
    Maybe its because Im eating more vegetables or something.

5 calories is probably legit since Pepsi Max is actually a diet soda. They dropped the "diet" when they started marketing it to dudes as a double-the-caffeine energy booster. True story.

You'd do well to add nutrient-dense foods to the mix, so you don't have to physically eat a large portion to up your calories. Avocado, full-fat dairy (especially cheese!), and sauces/salad dressings are easy ways to do that.

Shoot for more days like March 24th.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    the last two days you ate 400 and 700 calories that is not a "massive amount"

this thread reeks of an eating disorder. Please get professional help for your problem.
  • maceyanglin
    maceyanglin Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    eating nuts is a quick way to get more nutrient dense food for more calories without that much chewing involved lol ... Don't be scared to get help if you need it, you only have one body don't mess it up but hurting it by not eating enough ... Good luck sweetheart
  • maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I think you are under-eating and depriving your body of needed nutrients. You may be feeling full thanks to carbonated drinks. What jumps out to me is insufficient calories overall, and specifically, insufficient calcium, insufficient protein, insufficient sources of vitamins and other minerals - all of which can affect your health in serious ways. I see that you sometimes drink milk - 3 cups a day would help both with calcium and protein. I don't see any leafy green vegetables - add some at least a few times a week, and for sure 2 more servings of vegetables of any kind a day.
  • nadiahappy12
    Options
    maxit wrote: »
    I think you are under-eating and depriving your body of needed nutrients. You may be feeling full thanks to carbonated drinks. What jumps out to me is insufficient calories overall, and specifically, insufficient calcium, insufficient protein, insufficient sources of vitamins and other minerals - all of which can affect your health in serious ways. I see that you sometimes drink milk - 3 cups a day would help both with calcium and protein. I don't see any leafy green vegetables - add some at least a few times a week, and for sure 2 more servings of vegetables of any kind a day.

Do you have any suggestions of what vegatables??
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Is this for real? I smell a troll..

Go back to Monday and this person's goal was 500 calories a day... URGGHGHGHG
  • nadiahappy12
    Options
    gia07 wrote: »
    Is this for real? I smell a troll..

Go back to Monday and this person's goal was 500 calories a day... URGGHGHGHG
    Sorry i have an eating disorder , some days my mind tells me i need to gain weight (because i do) other days i feel like im eating way too much & need to lose more weight then some ill be like no why do i need to gain weight im fine the way i am. its so hard to eat more even though i love food its this stupid disorder i have that tells me i cant eat. im trying really hard to be normal.
  • RoxieDawn
    Options
    Moderator, please close this thread...
  • nadiahappy12
    Options
    Moderator, please close this thread...

seriously? im trying to recover
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Please seek help from a professional. You cannot 'maintain' with the calories you are eating, and it's clear you need help.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    hope you get the help you need, OP.

http://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/

edit: looks like you had good days on tuesday and today. keep that up and you will continue to progress. i don think any advice you get in this thread will be better than the suggestions to see someone about this so you can continue recovering. all the best to you.
  • RoxieDawn
    Options
    Moderator, please close down this thread. Anyone continuing to respond is only wasting their valuable time and efforts...

This topic is not acceptable nor is responding to this..
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    Moderator, please close down this thread. Anyone continuing to respond is only wasting their valuable time and efforts...

ok we get it.
    she's acknowledged she has a problem.
    move along.
  • RoxieDawn
    Options
    skullshank wrote: »

ok we get it.
    she's acknowledged she has a problem.
    move along.

WOW... I did not do anything but make a request..