Is anyone else on a high protein low carb diet?

Options
I'm doing the P90X and following the nutrition guide for it. Its a high protein low carb diet. and I was wondering if anyone else is doing that? Even if it's not with P90X... I tracked all of my food intake for today and what im going to have for the rest of the night. Could someone tell me if i'm doing a pretty good job or what your doing? Thanks

Replies

• edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you'll find many threads and posts on low carb eating. Feel free to use the search button above. You can also search under primal and paleo.
  • kaytedawg05
    kaytedawg05 Posts: 209
    Options
    yep. i've had a lot of success reducing the carbs.. one thing i have seen people do is think that just cuz it's high protein they can just eat it... I still stay within my calorie range and best case scenario I eat 60% pro. that combined with daily exercise you really see body fat come off & muscles defined.. I'm not a big meat fan, so I have to be creative... and keep it low fat also...
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    i lost all my weight on 100 grams of carbs a day and 110 gr of protein a day---eating every 2-3 hours a balanced meal/snack of protein and carb.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I'm low carb, but high fat & moderate protein
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    yep do the low carb hi prot. got a question i am going to message you with
  • ThermalYew1
    ThermalYew1 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    okay cool so my diet should be good! :) Thanks guys!
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    It's good stuff for sure.
  • mamato3inca
    mamato3inca Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    What does everyone consider low carb? I have a friend doing under 30 grams of carbs a day. I would sure like to kick start my weight loss, but I'm doing a lot of exercise right now, is low carb a bad idea?
  • boadicea333
    boadicea333 Posts: 12
    Options
    I do less than 30 a day, but my husband does p90x and runs 8 miles 3 times a week, and he can't do it. He needs more instant energy on days he exercises. He does about 100 carbs a day.
    I don't know if that helps.
    What does everyone consider low carb? I have a friend doing under 30 grams of carbs a day. I would sure like to kick start my weight loss, but I'm doing a lot of exercise right now, is low carb a bad idea?
  • mamato3inca
    mamato3inca Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Yes, that helps! Thank you.
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    LOW CARB HERE....TRY TO STAY UNDER 30...AT ABOUT 20grams
  • Namaste1983
    Namaste1983 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I eat moderate carbs and make sure that if i am eating carbs they are complex and whole grain. I took nutrition and 300 carbs a day for optimum brain function but i dont see any harm in reducing carbs for weight loss. As long as you can eat balanced and are on something you can maintain for life without damaging your health i say go for it. I eat 150-200 a day. Carb cycling is pretty sweet. If i do my hour of cardio and then do weights i have 1-2 grams per pound of body weight. So i get 4oo+ the days i train my hardest. then on days when i dont work out i keep it under 150 allowing the occasional indulgence :)
  • Mmmary212
    Mmmary212 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Me! I aim for 20 carbs per day.
  • FairyMiss
    Options
    I try to go under 25 . but don't worry as long as i am under 30 that seems to work for me
  • FairyMiss
    Options
    Me! I aim for 20 carbs per day.

i saw the always acceptign low carb friends in you sig and started to click on you to friend you than by brain said oh wait did that weeks ago LOL.
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    The P90X "low carb" phase is :

30% carbohydrate
    50% protein
    20% fat

Keep in mind when we talk about "low carb" such as paleo, Primal, Atkins, Protein Power, etc etc etc we are talking more like:

5-20% carbohydrate
    20-40% protein
    40-60% fat

The difference here being that the P90X diet shuns fat in all phases, not just the low carb phase.