Protein powder

Options
2»

Replies

• slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    I brought a promixx Vortex shaker from Amazon (The batteries last for ages). It's really good for mixing shakes perfectly. No chalky bits or lumps etc. I use ON whey protein (125 cals/ 25g protein per scoop).
  • slittle80
    slittle80 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of Musclepharm Combat powder currently, but I've tried ON Gold Standard, and numerous others in the past.
  • chrissi_k
    chrissi_k Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I use Plantfusion vanilla and mix it with almond milk and banana or in my smoothie and really like it.
  • Yawnetu
    Yawnetu Posts: 53 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    baileyh_ wrote: »
    http://rippedclub.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/shakeology-ingredients.pdf

I'm just gonna leave this here.
    Have your opinions about a product, but don't try to deny that its ingredients are natural, not chemical. :)

Except that even water is a chemical... you know...hydrogen and oxygen. Everything you consume is a chemical, unless you eat nothing.

Good try though.

Even if you eat nothing, air is chemicals. You, my friend, are a nitrogen breather. Ha, bet you thought you were breathing mostly oxygen, didn't you? Surprise! :wink:
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    That's not a protein powder. That's a supplemental shake.

So is Shakeology. Wastes of money.

Protein powders will say "protein" on them, and the ones you want to go for that get you the most bang for the buck are the ones that read "Isolate" on the side.

This here:

http://www.canadianprotein.com/pea-protein-isolate-2lbs.html

is the cheapest per g of protein I've ever found.

Yes, they do have an American site as well.
  • Yawnetu
    Yawnetu Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I like Bodylogix. No artificial flavors or colors and it's whey based. Lower calorie than some. Do you insist on vegan/vegetarian? Because I've never had one of those that hasn't been chalky/grainy/even chewy like hemp. GAK.
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    MY only source for whey, is from New Zealand, the brand is NOT as significant as the source... BUT I enjoy Kaizen Isolate. The New Zealand Herd is free of Hormones and Antibiotics which, as I understand it, cannot be said for whey coming from any other animal source on the planet. OF course IF you are not getting your protein from an animal source there may be perfectly good alternatives that are produced in other countries...
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Yawnetu wrote: »
    Hornsby wrote: »

Have your opinions about a product, but don't try to deny that its ingredients are natural, not chemical. :)

Except that even water is a chemical... you know...hydrogen and oxygen. Everything you consume is a chemical, unless you eat nothing.

Good try though.

Even if you eat nothing, air is chemicals. You, my friend, are a nitrogen breather. Ha, bet you thought you were breathing mostly oxygen, didn't you? Surprise! :wink:

Actually, yes, I already knew that. :)
  • briandap1
    briandap1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    After looking into protein powders I was taking Orgain for a bit. It's best when using a blender and using about 16oz of water to make sure it isn't chalky.

From what I found, if a protein shake tastes good, it's most likely not very good for you. To make it taste good means they need to add things like sugar and artificial ingredients. I recently switched to Muscle Feast Casein (unflavored) which is 100% casein and nothing else. It tastes like diluted skim milk, but it's worth what you get from it.
  • mhankosk
    mhankosk Posts: 535 Member
    Options

All things are comprised of chemicals.... All of them
  • briandap1
    briandap1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Also note that when you read reviews of people who like Shakeology they often say "If you're interested, click this link and buy it through me." Classic pyramid scheme *cough* Isagenix *cough*
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    8fbj2ycdojl6.jpg

Anyone ever try this? My neighbor of 17 years is downsizing, sold house
  • cbills65
    cbills65 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I like Vega Sports Performance Protein powder (vanilla). Very tasty and nice texture. It's a plant based protein and great for recovery after a workout. I get mine at Sprouts Market or GNC or Vitamin Shoppe so most health food stores probably carry it. You can also get it online from their website. So far it's the best tasting protein powder I've tried.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    MFP didn't like my post, evidently. Question about photo above: any tips on how to mix it up? Directions say 12oz water or milk. I've never had a protein drink--total newby.
  • eva_letsdance
    eva_letsdance Posts: 2,731 Member
    Options
    slideaway1 wrote: »
    I brought a promixx Vortex shaker from Amazon (The batteries last for ages). It's really good for mixing shakes perfectly. No chalky bits or lumps etc. I use ON whey protein (125 cals/ 25g protein per scoop).

I use the magic bullet and leave it on for a while and still chalky. I will use this up and op for another u guys suggested here.
  • pink_ladybugs
    pink_ladybugs Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Vegan Pure Sport (I think that's the name, some combination of those words anyway) from Walmart! Under $20, non GMO, no soy, made from rice and pea protein. I have the chocolate and it's my fav protein powder that I've tried so far! :)
  • Sophiasmomma
    Sophiasmomma Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I love perfect fit protein its organic and low calss s oooo delicious too
  • oliverprocter50
    Options
    I highly recommend EAS Lean. 15g of protein for 2 scoops and only 100 cal. It comes in chocolate and vanilla Creme but the vanilla Creme is by far the standout. I mix mine with 16 oz of unsweetened cashew milk by silk (a whopping 50 cal, yes you read that right. Only 50 cal for 2 cups) and I can have a filling, great tasting, effective protein shake for 150 cal. I bought mine at Walmart and it was $20.

Thats 60 cals from protein, but your left with 40 cals you prob dont need, likely fillers. Iso97 from myprotein is a good one
  • NarmaL
    NarmaL Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend EAS Lean. 15g of protein for 2 scoops and only 100 cal. It comes in chocolate and vanilla Creme but the vanilla Creme is by far the standout. I mix mine with 16 oz of unsweetened cashew milk by silk (a whopping 50 cal, yes you read that right. Only 50 cal for 2 cups) and I can have a filling, great tasting, effective protein shake for 150 cal. I bought mine at Walmart and it was $20.

I too use eas, but not the same one. I use the soy based one. Mine has more calories, but each scoop apparently has 20g of protein. I also mix mine with unsweetened cashew milk as it's only 25 cals. Haha. Just had some right now.