The beach!!!!!!

Options

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    The first thing you'll want to do is a detox or juice cleanse. You will lose about 8lbs in toxins alone. That should help with both goals.

I dunno about the ultra though, that sounds dangerous. I heard that much cardio will cause all your muscles to melt away and for your bones to literally break.

WTF Is it April Fools Day today!!!????

@ThickMcRunFast surely you jest!? :confounded:

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    The first thing you'll want to do is a detox or juice cleanse. You will lose about 8lbs in toxins alone. That should help with both goals.

I dunno about the ultra though, that sounds dangerous. I heard that much cardio will cause all your muscles to melt away and for your bones to literally break.

Only in the US
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    this thread…

derp001.gif
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options

Endurance athletes are frail pieces of glass by the end. Its probably safer just to sit on the couch all day. That's just science.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mhjgccGJub1s2ztb7o1_500.gif
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    sjohnny wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    so you are training for a "mountain ultra" and are not in beach shape??????

Not even close.

say-what18.gif

F**k!!!!

• sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options

Endurance athletes are frail pieces of glass by the end. Its probably safer just to sit on the couch all day. That's just science.

I've already paid the money though.
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Cortelli wrote: »
    The first thing you'll want to do is a detox or AND A juice cleanse. You will lose about 8lbs in toxins alone. That should help with both goals.

FTFY, because

km8vzcm0uzye.jpeg

That should hit the beach goal.

For the ultra, maybe a Peep cleanse so you get some unprocessed, natural sugars for energy!

Should I wait until after the beach trip to do the peep cleanse? Or maybe the day before the race?

I'm not a serious runner so I am a bit out of my element here. But I don't think any peepy goodness would affect your beach bod for at least a few days, so maybe even start the cleanse during the last few days of your beach vaca?

cpk9spf68s29.jpg

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Choose strategic beachwear?

unknown-burqa-beach.jpg
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options

No, that was the OLD thinking. Now cardio will make you gain weight.

Sorry, Johnny. May as well get yourself some bigger swim trunks and just go with it.
  • sjohnny
    Options
    The first thing you'll want to do is a detox or AND A juice cleanse. You will lose about 8lbs in toxins alone. That should help with both goals.

FTFY, because

km8vzcm0uzye.jpeg

That should hit the beach goal.

For the ultra, maybe a Peep cleanse so you get some unprocessed, natural sugars for energy!

Should I wait until after the beach trip to do the peep cleanse? Or maybe the day before the race?

I'm not a serious runner so I am a bit out of my element here. But I don't think any peepy goodness would affect your beach bod for at least a few days, so maybe even start the cleanse during the last few days of your beach vaca?

cpk9spf68s29.jpg

Solid advice.

Plus, I'm not worried about having a six pack in the mountains.
  • sjohnny
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »
    Choose strategic beachwear?

unknown-burqa-beach.jpg

But then I won't get a tan.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    Also eggs. Don't eat eggs.

dy48ofl9p6wp.jpg
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,140 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I was just informed we are taking a family vacation to the beach in two months. I am not anywhere close to beach shape. What's the best way to drop about 15 pfunds of purely fat in that time?

I'm also training for a mountain ultra that is three weeks after the beach trip. So I don't want to sacrifice running performance.

2 months? 15 lbs? That's only 1.6 lb/week.

Drop to a 500-600 calorie/day deficit for the next two months, and you'll be there.

Keep up the running so that the 500 calorie/day deficit isn't too difficult ... you can run 500+ calorie's worth several days each week. Actually, if you're training for an ultra, you'll probably burn a couple thousand calories on your long days, and 500-ish calories on your shorter days.

Or is this whole thread just a joke?

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I was just informed we are taking a family vacation to the beach in two months. I am not anywhere close to beach shape. What's the best way to drop about 15 pfunds of purely fat in that time?

I'm also training for a mountain ultra that is three weeks after the beach trip. So I don't want to sacrifice running performance.

Drop to a 500-600 calorie/day deficit for the next two months, and you'll be there.

Keep up the running so that the 500 calorie/day deficit isn't too difficult ... you can run 500+ calorie's worth several days each week. Actually, if you're training for an ultra, you'll probably burn a couple thousand calories on your long days, and 500-ish calories on your shorter days.

Definitely a Joke!!
    Why..... I do not know

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Is your advice a joke?
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,140 Member
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »

Is your advice a joke?

No, but I'm wondering now whether I should have bothered.

• iwearthejumper32
    iwearthejumper32 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Im typing a reply to see what happens. Ive been "warned" by mfp and I dont know what that means. Jail bars on my comments? Maybe...
  • calliegirl73
    calliegirl73 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    i like walking at the beach, just went today and walked 5 miles.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Buy a bright pink bikini and wear it with pride

Seriously dude, nobody will notice the excess poundage with the right beachwear

I've checked your profile ...I'm pretty sure hot pink bikini would work