Slimming World

Options
hello all. I've decided to start tracking what I eat alongside following Slimming World. Please add me as a friend if anyone is doing similar.

Replies

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Though I don't use Slimming World I did want to give you a warm welcome :)
  • Chlosafine_SW
    Chlosafine_SW Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thankyou. I've used MFP before but decided to start again as it's a great tool to track progress.
  • tanyacoffield1992
    Options
    This is exactly what I'm doing! I'm obviously not very good at using this app set as I have no idea to add as a friend lol. Good luck with it though, would love to know how you get on :)
  • littlesnausage
    Options
    I am doing exactly the same. I've lost almost 2 stone with Slimming World since December and am using MFP to track my progress.
  • juliepbeard
    Options
    This is something that I have been thinking of doing. I have lost before with Slimming World, but put it all back on and then some!!! Be nice to hear how you get on with this.
  • annh7
    annh7 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new and just started doing the same, I love slimming world but it does worry me a bit by my lack of portion control. I'm wanting to lose 25lbs, find its harder to lose after 40! Please add me as a friend, not sure how to add people, good luck
  • kittokatsu
    kittokatsu Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm doing this too! I'm using it to keep track of syns and free food etc, before writing everything down in food diaries. Find it easier this way cos I forget things otherwise. Please add me! Can't work it out on here cos my phone app is so slow. Katt x
  • crunchienugget
    crunchienugget Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Just joined SW last night-hoping to lose a lot of weight!
  • Twinx80
    Twinx80 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Im doing the same -trying to count calories and do SW -my calories have snuck up this week so curious to see impact this has on the scales this week- feel free to add me anyone who is doing the same
  • Laurensanders30
    Options
    I'm doing this too !
    Add me
  • Laurensanders30
    Options
    Me too x
  • suevick
    suevick Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am doing the same follow slimming world but track on mfp. This is my first week using mfp and joined SW 4 weeks ago and have lost 1/2 stone so far x
  • ladylalaland
    ladylalaland Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm joining slimming world on Monday and plan to track cals on here too. I'm mainly going to SW for the group support and weekly walk of shame to the scales. Feel free to add me x
  • slimmingfairy
    slimmingfairy Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    How do you find this works? I mean logging sw food on the mfp app? Do you weight all of your food but just stick to the sw allowed foods and principles or are you just logging what you have eaten rather than amounts?
  • maryloufenner
    maryloufenner Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I plan to follow SW - not sure about joining a group as I have little time. I have begun exercise again after a long break and feel better already but can't see any change in body shape etc. I want to lose approx 25lb before August as I have a fancy wedding to attend and a holiday to wear a bikini for the first time on! Feel free to add me as a friend x
  • purpleleopard76
    purpleleopard76 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm doing this too. Lost about 2 stones years ago on slimming world but put it back on after having kids. I tried slimming world again a few years ago and it just didn't work anymore. I'm now trying to follow the plan again (extra easy) but weighing and logging my foods at the same time on MFP to keep an eye on my calorie intake and see how that pans out. Anyone else doing the same please feel free to add me and we can figure this thing out together :D
  • sep880
    sep880 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have been doing SW for the last few weeks (for the 2nd time) but am planning to track on MFP too. x
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Sounds like SW doesn't work too well
  • atypicalsmith
    Options
    And surprise, surprise, it costs money!
  • atypicalsmith
    Options
    I will never cease to be amazed at all the money organizations (most of them non-profit, of course) rake in to "help" people quit smoking, drinking, eating, whatever, and am more amazed at the amount of money people are willing to spend on these magic potions.