Do you have cake on your birthday

Options
rebasue55
rebasue55 Posts: 12 Member
Sunday is my birthday and I've been debating whether I should have a piece of cake with everyone. I think...it's my bday, I deserve it. But on the otherhand are all the calories worth the 2 minutes of delicious cake? I'm thinking no.

What do you do?

Replies

• Liftin4food
    Liftin4food Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Eat the cake.

One slice of cake on your birthday isn't going to ruin anything!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Since when did birthday cake have calories? ;)

Have the cake. One day celebrating will not derail you, and you can get back to work on Monday.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Ummm.... YEAH! How is this even a question???
  • Tupeloblossom
    Tupeloblossom Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Eat the cake! My birthday is coming up soon and I will be enjoying a piece of cake with my family.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Only you know what is an is not worth it to you.

*I* would say yes, and log it, and accept the consequences it had on my weight loss, but I am willing to settle for slow or no loss for a week here and there for special events.

Thats not to say you have the feel the same way I do.....
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    rebasue55 wrote: »
    Sunday is my birthday and I've been debating whether I should have a piece of cake with everyone. I think...it's my bday, I deserve it. But on the otherhand are all the calories worth the 2 minutes of delicious cake? I'm thinking no.

What do you do?

Well, I would absolutely have cake if someone made me a yummy birthday cake. I can handle the calories in a piece of delicious cake on my birthday and it is worth it. If the cake is gross then no it isn't worth it.
    I was thinking this year I might just have a big sundae for my birthday dessert instead of cake.
  • cindyangotti
    cindyangotti Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Yes, you should have cake on you birthday!!! Just count the calories and carry on. This past birthday I had cupcakes. That way I didn't have to deal with left over cake. Enjoy your birthday!!
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I eat the cake with ice cream, sprinkles, and anything I can put on it that is YUMMY!

Have two pieces if you want. As a matter of fact, I make cake, cookies or have ice cream with yummy stuff on it every day (I do fit it in my calories... I am a foodie and love my desserts).... :):):)
  • hoyalawya2003
    hoyalawya2003 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Do I? Yes. On my birthday, on my coworkers' birthdays, my sons' birthdays, my husband's birthday, and sometimes just cause I feel like it. If you like cake, make it fit in your day. If you don't like cake, have something else you enjoy.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    No.

I have cheesecake.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    No.

Cake and ice cream :)
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Is it tres leches? Then yes. Unless it's that travesty that my boyfriend bought that paraded itself as "chocolate tres leches".

Also, I eat cake even when it's not my birthday.

Seriously though; have some sort of treat that you find absolutely delicious. I probably wouldn't waste calories on a grocery store premade cake. But, a really luxurious piece from a special bakery? I'd be all over that.
  • SexyKatherine73
    SexyKatherine73 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    it's my birthday on Sunday too, and yup I'm having a slice of cake, my birthday only happens once a year :smiley:
  • UtahWI
    UtahWI Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Do I? Yes. On my birthday, on my coworkers' birthdays, my sons' birthdays, my husband's birthday, and sometimes just cause I feel like it. If you like cake, make it fit in your day. If you don't like cake, have something else you enjoy.

You beat me to my answer! lol Yes, on my birthday, on other people's birthdays, and sometimes just because. Now, I don't waste calories on some dried out piece of crap, but otherwise, oh heck yeah. If it really bothers you, work the calories in across the course of the week.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I was alone on my birthday so I bought one of those oversized decorated cupcakes and had it along with a split of champagne. It was lovely and I didn't have any leftovers to have to deal with.
  • lizzocat
    lizzocat Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday! It's your day, if you want to eat cake, eat it. If you don't, don't eat it. But one night of cake isn't going to derail your diet
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I sometimes have cake on my birthday, or cobbler or pie.

But if you dont think it's worth it, then don't have it. It's just cake. Enjoy your birthday however you want.
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I eat cake on my birthday.... and not on my birthday.

It all depends on whether or not you WANT cake. If you don't, then that's fine. But don't have the piece and feel guilty afterwards for enjoying delicious, delicious carbs.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    No. I have pie. Pie > cake
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Yes, you should have cake on you birthday!!! Just count the calories and carry on. This past birthday I had cupcakes. That way I didn't have to deal with left over cake. Enjoy your birthday!!

She "should" have cake on her birthday? While I think it's fine to have cake if you want, it's certainly not a requirement for enjoying the day for everyone.