Do you have cake on your birthday

Options

Replies

• shellyb17
    shellyb17 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Cake, ice cream and usually more the day after.
  • xmarye
    xmarye Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Just fit it into your calories! :) Definitely have the cake and enjoy the night with your friends and family. After all, we're doing this to improve our quality of life. Don't deprive yourself of the small things, they matter!!
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    rebasue55 wrote: »
    Sunday is my birthday and I've been debating whether I should have a piece of cake with everyone. I think...it's my bday, I deserve it. But on the otherhand are all the calories worth the 2 minutes of delicious cake? I'm thinking no.

What do you do?

It depends how fond you are of cake.
    But one thing though when you invite guest for your birthday they do expect birthday cake. Whether you eat it or not is your choice.

I'm very picky with my birthday cake. I only like black forest and Italian rum. Anything else I don't even bother.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Pssst!! *looks both ways*

I have cake ...even when it's not my birthday!!

As long as it fits in my macros and I want it... I eat it. Pie, cake, cheesecake, ice cream, chocolate.

To just avoid those foods isn't a feasible lifelong change. Learn to live them and eat them in moderation.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    I never understand this question.

If you want a slice of cake on your birthday, eat it.

If you want a slice of cake when it's not your birthday, eat it.

Log it, fit it into your day if you're sticking to a calorie goal (though I never do on my birthday).

I guess for me, I made a choice not to make any changes while losing weight that I wasn't willing to maintain forever. That means I eat cake sometimes, and I most definitely eat cake on my birthday. I lost 130+ pounds here, I've been maintaining for 2.5 years, and you bet I eat cake on my (and my husband's, and my son's, a friends') birthdays.
  • lizde217
    lizde217 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Calories do not count on your birthday!! ;) Enjoy your day and get right back on the program on Monday!
  • mamaleftwich
    mamaleftwich Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    ABSOLUTELY and enjoy it!!! It's your birthday...I eat it when I want it! Enjoy your birthday!
  • lisaanne1369
    lisaanne1369 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I love CAKE!
  • mhankosk
    mhankosk Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I had 2 cupcakes last night and its not even close to my birthday. They didnt fit into my calories but I enjoyed them very much! I plan on working hard the rest of the week to make sure I burn off those extra cals. :)
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Yes, tuxedo, pls.
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Yes, you should have cake on you birthday!!! Just count the calories and carry on. This past birthday I had cupcakes. That way I didn't have to deal with left over cake. Enjoy your birthday!!

I disagree to the part "Should have" "must have". That's where it clearly went wrong Ithe 1st time.

It's Thanksgiving ... I must have

It's birthday ... I must have

It's Christmas ... I must have

No that's not how any of this should be anymore.

I now stop and think if it's really, really, really what I want. Not because society has made this unsaid rule.

Like I said for birthday guest do expect a birthday cake but to eat or not to eat is ultimately my desire.

EDTA : I'm very picky with my birthday cake. I only like black forest and Italian rum. Anything else I don't even bother
  • johnnylakis
    johnnylakis Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    hell yeah, just not lots of it!
  • _QueenE_
    _QueenE_ Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I would!
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Cake is not evil.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    I never understand this question.

If you want a slice of cake on your birthday, eat it.

If you want a slice of cake when it's not your birthday, eat it.

Log it, fit it into your day if you're sticking to a calorie goal (though I never do on my birthday).

I guess for me, I made a choice not to make any changes while losing weight that I wasn't willing to maintain forever. That means I eat cake sometimes, and I most definitely eat cake on my birthday. I lost 130+ pounds here, I've been maintaining for 2.5 years, and you bet I eat cake on my (and my husband's, and my son's, a friends') birthdays.

cosign
  • runmama411
    runmama411 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Ummm, yes. If you don't, I will be sad.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Cake is not evil.

Bad cake is.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Cake is not evil.

Bad cake is.

Few things more tragic.

One of my friends makes me Mexican hot chocolate cake. So yes, I eat it. It's delicious.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    Cake is not evil.

Bad cake is.

Cake from Hannafords with "best creme" frosting is evil.
    So gross.
    My grandmother lied to my grandfather a few years ago that we had a cake for my birthday. So I had to stop into Hannafords on my way from home work. I grabbed the first chocolate cake I saw and raced home. I passed my grandfather on the drive in and literally had to run into the house so he wouldn't see the cake and know my grandmother lied.

Eck, that cake was gross.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    fc96bb0564d5eb51f3afffd2fd4d31ecbc16a27074a903db23ec8ff3df031fde.jpg