Do you have cake on your birthday

Options

Replies

• DianaLovesCoffee
    DianaLovesCoffee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    of course you eat the cake!

Went to my brother in laws house for his birthday (he is on some wacky 500 calorie dumb diet with hormones) and we had apples. APPLES! What kind of birthday is that? I planned ahead and worked my day so I could have cake. But no - so we stopped and got ice cream on the way home. :)
  • DYELB
    DYELB Posts: 7,407 Member
    Options
    Just break up.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    Eat the cake. Unless you don't like the cake or want the cake, then don't eat the cake.

I would eat the cake on my birthday, or a Tuesday.

But do or do not, won't bother me at all
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    of course you eat the cake!

Went to my brother in laws house for his birthday (he is on some wacky 500 calorie dumb diet with hormones) and we had apples. APPLES! What kind of birthday is that? I planned ahead and worked my day so I could have cake. But no - so we stopped and got ice cream on the way home. :)

That is just FISHING sad!

Ban his birthday the next time. No wait!!! Carry a huge cake the next year of your choice. Ask him to blow the candles and wait till he cuts it and then shove him aside like literally shove him and attack the cake.

What in the world!!! Apples?????
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    adowe wrote: »
    Eat the cake. Unless you don't like the cake or want the cake, then don't eat the cake.

I can't decide if your post reminds me more of Dr. Seuss, or Yoda.

• WinoGelato
    Options
    Cake is not evil.

It is if it has whipped frosting. Butter Cream or Cream Cheese or GTFO!

• jenniferinfl
    jenniferinfl Posts: 456 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    We don't do anything for birthdays.. But, I have two different cakes ordered for our anniversary! lol
    I don't have cake at office parties, I will have cake at my parent's 40th anniversary. I'll eat scones at a tea party with close friends, but I'll avoid the cupcakes at work.

You have to find your balance. I've found that if I just don't ever eat the food at work, that cuts out most of my opportunities. But, I will have the dessert for celebration of close friends and family. (Granted, in small portions)

(I also have cake in a cup pretty much everyday, but, I know how many calories is in that and can work it in. )
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    It's your birthday, of course eat the cake! Don't get a huge slice, but one day going over your calorie limit won't sabotage you, and you'll feel much worse for missing out when everyone else is enjoying cake!

lizde217 wrote: »
    Calories do not count on your birthday!! ;) Enjoy your day and get right back on the program on Monday!
    tumblr_m85bw9fGtf1rqfhi2o1_500_zpsoefyidmy.gif
  • becky10rp
    becky10rp Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Eat the cake!
  • asdowe13
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »

I'm a hybrid, like Dr. Yoda
  • justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I have cake or something sweet every day. If I don't, I binge. So I build it into my calories. Sometimes I don't and go over, but it hasn't made me gain uncontrollably. Cake on your birthday won't make you fat :)
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    Eat the cake!! if you constantly workout you won't gain any weight. have fun and celebrate
  • asdowe13
    Options
    Cake is not evil.

It is if it has whipped frosting. Butter Cream or Cream Cheese or GTFO!

Whipped frosting has it's place.....on a cake is not that place though.

Between cookies, yes!
  • WinoGelato
    Options

I'm a hybrid, like Dr. Yoda

Green Eggs and Ham. Eat Them You Will. Like Them You Will.

• asdowe13
    Options
    Noelv1976 wrote: »
    Eat the cake!! if you constantly workout you won't gain any weight. have fun and celebrate

Well actually you can.

If cake puts me in a surplus for days then yes I will gain weight.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I didn't have any cake on my birthday because nobody made or bought any for me. :disappointed:

I did get to have ice cream though!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Depends.

Have you been consistently and accurately logging your calories and have you been making reasonable progress towards your goals? If so, log it and work around it...or even accept that you'll be over that particular day. One day won't undo weeks of progress.

And if you haven't been, still have a slice of cake. You just won't know whether or not you're still at an appropriate deficit/maintenance or if you're actually adding to a surplus you were not even aware of.
  • carrieliz81
    carrieliz81 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    F*** yeah I have cake on my birthday!!!
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »
    Depends.

Have you been consistently and accurately logging your calories and have you been making reasonable progress towards your goals? If so, log it and work around it...or even accept that you'll be over that particular day. One day won't undo weeks of progress.

And if you haven't been, still have a slice of cake. You just won't know whether or not you're still at an appropriate deficit/maintenance or if you're actually adding to a surplus you were not even aware of.

This seems like an awfully serious post from you jof. I think that grown up suit is making you say grown up things.

PS - I miss tinyleg.

• magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    I eat everything I want.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/magerum?date=2014-09-07

I think I stopped just shy of 8,000 calories.