Do you have cake on your birthday

Options
18910111214»

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    artlover47 wrote: »
    My birthday was the 24th, and my daughter turned 2 the next day. I did not eat the cake I made for her. For me, it was not worth the calories because I really want to hurry up and reach my goal. 400 calories or even 200 would not fit in my daily allowance since I am short, and I didn't want to spend that much of my allowance on cake and be hungry later. I chose to give myself a treat that was a bit healthier and way lower in calories...graham crackers and peanut butter. It was enough to satisfy my sweet tooth and I felt good about it. But as other posts mention, do whatever makes you feel good on your birthday. If you eat some dessert, have a great time and savor it. But if you decide that you'd rather skip it, passing up the cake is not that difficult.

What an interesting substitution. How many calories were the pb and crackers?

Also, how much would a day of +400 calories set you back? What is your daily deficit currently? I would expect the setback would likely be about one day at most.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    ktekc wrote: »
    My birthday was on Monday. My boss brought me in a lovely chocolate peanut butter cake. I had a piece and made sure everyone else had the rest so i didn't have to take any home. It was delicious.

Hopefully you had a great day and didn't push the cake on anyone that didn't want it.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    If my husband made or bought a cake for my birthday I will sure as hell be eating it. I also eat the things I make for my kids birthday's, because it's one day out of the year for each of them. I don't want my girls looking at me and realizing I'm not partaking in their special occasion.

I'm going to go buy an awesome cupcake in a bit, just because I can and it seems like the thing to do today.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Have the cake.
  • overin2015
    overin2015 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I love that we are on a website where so many people are losing like crazy and you all say eat cake! You guys are inspiring and awesome and I couldn't agree more. FREEDOM! (Say this in a William Wallace voice.)
  • rebasue55
    rebasue55 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I appreciate the encouragement from everybody. This group of people are so inspiring and I appreciate your honesty. The restaurant served brownies with chocolate/marshmallow frosting and a warm chocolate glaze with a little bit of ice cream. I admit I love sweets and as much as I deny myself the sweets to have better health and to lost weight they tasted wonderful today. I'm ready to get right back to the diet tomorrow!