guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    No.

I have cheesecake.

• 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Before the day begins on my birthday, I make my own birthday cake from scratch and at the end of a long day at work and while I'm making dinner at 7 p.m. for my family, I frost it, and then we *all* eat a slice with huge smiles, because ... my kids are watching me ... and birthday cake should be a joyful thing no matter what age you are! If my kids were not part of the equation, I wouldn't bother - don't care much for cake.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    On my birthday - heck, YES! Honestly, I eat cake about 3 times a week.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    :p Absolutely. This past birthday I not only had cake but chocolate covered strawberries and pineapples.
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    My birthday was on Monday. My boss brought me in a lovely chocolate peanut butter cake. I had a piece and made sure everyone else had the rest so i didn't have to take any home. It was delicious.
  • isulo_kura
    isulo_kura Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Why wouldn't I? Cake is an important food group
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Cherry cheesecake! Every year. It's usually the only time I have it and it is one of my all-time favorite foods. (I usually have 2 pieces a day until it is gone, 2 or 3 days. I gain a little, but it's once a year.)
  • Sweets1954
    Sweets1954 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Yes, work it into your daily allowance and enjoy yourself. Are you never going to have cake for the rest of your life? Not having some can make you feel deprived. If it makes you feel better, have a smaller piece.
  • Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of cake, but I generally have something I like instead. So I say if it's cake you like, eat the cake.
  • adiggs2777
    adiggs2777 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Yaaaas, girl, have the cake. On my birthday I had cake. But I ALSO put in an hour on the treadmill in the morning. It's your birthday. I understand keeping a tight lid on calories and the fear of backsliding, but one slice of cake will not undo your progress. You need to balance life and have fun too!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    cm-25012-050710a5492cb6_zpsd6f05659.gif

tumblr_m9wtjkg7S51rqfhi2o1_250_zpsfdb3f80e.gif

tumblr_lkg3jrdcFI1qf8v4qo1_400_zpsd46214e4.gif

I'm a baker so I actually have cake fairly often, but especially on my birthday.
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday OP! I usually have 2 slices - 1 at work and 1 at home. Life should be lived, albeit in moderation. If a piece of cake could derail all that I do, then I'm doing something wrong.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Yes, you should have cake on you birthday!!! Just count the calories and carry on. This past birthday I had cupcakes. That way I didn't have to deal with left over cake. Enjoy your birthday!!

She "should" have cake on her birthday? While I think it's fine to have cake if you want, it's certainly not a requirement for enjoying the day for everyone.
    She wouldn't have asked if she didn't think it was an important part of her birthday. So yes, she "should."
  • sun_fish
    sun_fish Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Yes, have some cake. The only reason to not have the cake, is if you don't like cake.
  • Smallc10
    Smallc10 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I eat as much cake as I want on my birthday. It's one day out of an entire year. It's not going to be the end of the world. (I don't eat the entire cake obviously, but if I want a second slice I'm not going to deny myself that)
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big cake person, but I went out for a special restaurant dinner on my birthday and absolutely had dessert. I don't think you need to if it's not something that would give you pleasure, but for me my weight loss plan and now maintenance plan has to have room for occasional special events that involve high calorie foods.
  • LITtlerMeCO
    LITtlerMeCO Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'll let you know on Tuesday if someone brings me cake for mine. Last year I did cupcakes at a shooting range (Mondays women shoot for free) and I took the leftover ones, put them in my freezer, and had one once a week until the end of May. Totally worth it.
  • SyllyReth
    SyllyReth Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    My birthday is not touched by silly things like calorie counting lol Really, though, I use my birthday as kind of a cheat day and just move on from there. I am focusing on not eating insane calories every single day of the year the rest of the time. Christmas and Thanksgiving also fall under this for me. One piece of cake isn't going to be the end of it for anyone. I would totally eat it.
  • mbcieslak87
    mbcieslak87 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    seriously - eat the cake. this is a lifestyle and if you can't see saying no to cake on your birthday for the rest of your life, then you need to learn how to fit it in this year too. just make it fit in your weekly goals either with more exercise or eating a little under for a few other days. or just have a cheat day - a slice of cake - even if it is like 700 calories is only .2 lbs in the grand scheme of things, so keep that in perspective and live your life - you can't eliminate all the yumminess from your life or you won't stick with it.
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    of course ... if you have a hand in it, you can choose angel food cake, which is my favorite anyway (plain - nom nom) ... and then you can eat the whole thing. oh ... that's just me who does that.