2015 Adopt a Noob Official MFP Thread

Options

Replies

• ForAManWithHope
    ForAManWithHope Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I can mentor people if they like. One or two would be ideal because I really wanna be able to get to know you and your struggles. I, personally, don't have the best of eating habits, but I know what healthy eating looks like. Like many have said before, easier said then done. I don't judge people when they mess up (it will happen) because I've messed up plenty in my life. I've lost almost 25 lbs and plan to lose at least 5 more, but we'll see where things go. I'm a vegetarian too.

Could you mentor me?
  • bradleyoliff
    bradleyoliff Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I need a mentor!!! I'm 34, in pretty good shape already but I'm looking to step it up to the next level. I'm 5'5" 155, exercise 5 times a week mandatory and some times more. I'm looking for someone to give me tips tricks praise and rough honest criticism when I fall off.
  • KarenCourticeMommy
    edited March 2015
    Options
    :) I am in need of a mentor. I am from Canada and am in my late 40's. Due to medical issues (medication I must take daily) I find it hard to keep weight off. Need some to give the that boost when I am feeling down to keep focused on my long team goal of getting my health back after cancer and to stay positive.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    :\ I am in need of a mentor. I am from Canada and am in my late 40's. Due to medical issues (medication I must take daily) I find it hard to keep weight off. Need some to give the that boost when I am feeling down to keep focused on my long team goal of getting my health back after cancer and to stay positive.

I'd be willing, will send you a PM, but I have no experience as of yet with cancer drugs and their effects on weight loss.
  • KarenCourticeMommy
    Options
    :\ I am in need of a mentor. I am from Canada and am in my late 40's. Due to medical issues (medication I must take daily) I find it hard to keep weight off. Need some to give the that boost when I am feeling down to keep focused on my long team goal of getting my health back after cancer and to stay positive.

I'd be willing, will send you a PM, but I have no experience as of yet with cancer drugs and their effects on weight loss.

Side effect is major weight gain... need to say focus on my long term goal.
  • lovelypink13
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Evelyn and I am looking for a mentor.. Need help getting the strength and dedication to get back on track after gaining 60lbs from my pregnancy. Now 5 month postpartum and I am getting depressed I am hoping someone out there can be my support buddy.
  • lisawinning4losing
    lisawinning4losing Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Hmm, something to think about.
  • bdavis1990
    bdavis1990 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    i'll mentor. I am 24 and have just hit my one year mark for losing weight. I have lost 95lbs this year. I will do absolutely everything I can to help anyone who needs it.
  • redmohca89
    redmohca89 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Anyone interested in taking my case load and helping out ? :(
  • loratliff
    loratliff Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I'd love to mentor someone beginning their journey.

I started MFP about a year ago. An injury last winter and a work-from-home job led to some unwanted weight and when I finally stepped on the scale and saw 183.8 pounds, I was shocked! I knew I had put on a little weight, but I thought I was maybe 165-170. I'm also tall-ish (5'7") so I carried it reasonable well, but definitely knew that clothes weren't fitting how they used to.

Anyway, that was all the motivation I needed. I initially started by MFP journey simply by eating less. Portion control was huge for me—I eat good, whole foods, but consuming 3,000 calories per day (even if it's veggies and lean meats) was simply too much for me.

After losing about 17 pounds, I knew it was time for the next step: to start working out. I started C25K and strength training and ended up falling in love with running. Since October, I've run many races and have basically become a sponge for learning about all things running. I'm running my first half-marathon on Sunday. I couldn't run for 30 seconds in October!

I've now last about ~32 pounds since I've started, surpassing my goal of 30 pounds. Now, the next goal is simply to get leaner and faster. :smile:

Sometimes the less weight you have to lose makes it harder; it's so easy to say "Oh, I'm not really that overweight—what's 10 pounds?" The losses are slower and it's easy to get discouraged but it's so worth it. I'd love to mentor someone in a similar position or someone who's interested in beginning running.
  • bigsis91
    bigsis91 Posts: 35
    Options
    I wouldn't mind mentoring or being mentored; really I want an accountability partner to learn from and teach, for us to learn from each other. A little bit about me: I created a group on here called "Christians With Mental Illness" because I'm a Christian and in 2010 I was diagnosed with Bipolar I Disorder; mental illness is so highly stigmatized, so I wanted us as Christian brothers and sisters to support each other; I'm not afraid to talk about my diagnosis, not to be pitied but for people to understand I am just like everyone else, created in God's image. I'm willing to be a friend to anyone, not just a person with a mental illness. :DB):)<3
  • ivetastic
    ivetastic Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I need a mentor!

Here's a bit about me: I'm 5'1, and looking to lose 40-45 lbs. I've had 2 babies, and lots of delicious food - my mother in law is a wonderful cook and baker ;) But it's time. I want my body back. I used to be quite athletic as a teen and could eat anything, but just never changed my eating habits as I aged. ALL my weight seems to collect around my midsection - belly/hips and thighs. I am done with this muffin top! I HATE IT!

Any mommy mentors out there willing to help? I'm 110% committed!

I don't know if I can be a mentor but I know that maybe we can all motivate one another through the app! I love seeing people's progress because it's inspiring and if I can inspire people in return then that's great! You can totally add me and hopefully we can inspire eachother!
  • kllaurence93
    kllaurence93 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm not necessarily a newcomer, but am newly getting dedicated to MFP, losing weight, and creating a healthy lifestyle. I realise that this goal and the will power it requires is on me, but I also know that it will be that little bit easier with the more support I can get and would love a mentor to help me get there! PM me if you're interested! Katie x
  • breezy0906
    breezy0906 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    This is amazing! Someone Adopt me! I'm a great cook i'll share my awesomeness!
  • Nyx1983
    Nyx1983 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good evening, I'm just about to start my weight loss journey. I have gained weight due to being put on medication. It would be great if someone could help me along the way xxxx
  • MinxyNZ
    MinxyNZ Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Good evening. My name is Tara and I hail from the North Island of New Zealand. I am currently 30 years old and have two children (both boys) aged 7 and 3. After many years of failed fad dieting, falling completely off the wagon and losing myself completely, enoughs enough! It's time to get serious about getting my body back. I am looking for one super cool, yet motivated mentor to support me through my journey. I am looking to lose up to 70 pounds, which is quite scary but super exciting. I'm about as noob as you get on this site, I signed up 10 minutes ago and I need you! Please, contact me via PM if you think you'd be a good fit for me xo Thank you <3
  • Andreake08
    Andreake08 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Andrea, 36yo, mum to a 7yo girl.

Classically trained singer and performer, for the rest, pretty sedentary.

Just got into fitness and I currently step, lift and walk my 10.000 steps everyday (or at least I try to).

5'0" (154cms). Currently at 183 (83kgs) and would love to get to 121 (55kgs)

Need nutrition and fitness (cardio + lifting) guidance.

Would you like to adopt me?
  • cathlene_burns
    cathlene_burns Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I need to be adopted!! I am a 33 year old mother of two. I am currently 193 lbs and my goal is to be 140 in two-ish years. I work full time and find it a struggle to keep on track. My husband, bless his heart, doesn't like me to put pressure on myself and as a result ends up talking me into taking it easy. I need to be accountable to someone. I need to keep motivated.
  • energy820
    energy820 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Noob looking for a mentor.

I'm 39, happily married and wanting to have kids.
    SW: 329 / CW 271 / GW ~140* But, hopefully there will be a pregnancy or two before I get to my goal weight.

Ideally, I'd love to pair up with a woman who has been at my SW and dealt with pregnancy.

Thank you all for volunteering to mentor on this board! What a great community!
  • moonjewel76
    moonjewel76 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm a noob that wants to be adopted :)
This discussion has been closed.