cheeeseee!!!!

Options
I'm obsessed with cheese! Eat way too much of it...is there any low fat cheese. I know of laughing cow wedges, but is their deli slices that are low fat and delicious????

Replies

• alexbowser
    alexbowser Posts: 322
    Options
    I have some 2% milk provolone cheese slices that are really tasty, not sure what brand they are. Also the Weight Watchers cheese sticks are really good too. I have a fridge stocked with low fat cheese, it's absolutely my favorite.
  • legacysh
    legacysh Posts: 464
    Options
    Sargento does low cal cheese sticks, shar cheddar that are good. Mini babybel lite are really good. Kraft Extra sharp 2% Deli cheese slices are good too.
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    bump....I love cheese too!
  • misia02
    misia02 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    there are plenty of low fat cheeses. go to the cheese aisle of your grocery store - and you'll see reduced fat cheese blocks in all flavours. i LOVE baby bell cheese - and they have fat free cheese. i am also a cheese fiend, and i also love low fat cream cheese - great for cooking as a replacement for cream sauces.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Most 2% cheese slices (made from 2% milk, lower fat and they have plenty of calcium) run about 50 cal, which is a good deal imo. Part skim mozzerela is another decent option.
    Also, hard cheeses tend to have fewer calories than softer cheeses.

Too much of anything can be bad. Most things in moderation are okay for you.
  • TabiNS
    TabiNS Posts: 15
    Options
    Sargento Reduced Fat Pepper Jack. :-)

Kraft also makes a fat free American cheese that comes in slices.

Borden makes fat free American, Swiss, Cheddar, and White American.

These should all be widely available.
  • ReneeOfTheFae
    ReneeOfTheFae Posts: 117
    Options
    What about cottage cheese? AND it's chock full of protein!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    IMO you're better off not buying any cheese. I'm a BIG cheese lover myself, but I found it hindering my weight loss journey. I went a month without it, tried some of what I used to have, and got a big belly ache. Needless to say, cheese is not a regular part of my diet anymore. I'm still a cheese lover (I think it's absolutely fascinating-- how it's made, where it comes from, etc), but I would encourage anyone whose a cheese-a-holic to get it out of your house STAT.
  • Zombielicious
    Zombielicious Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Goat cheese is delicious!! And compared to cow's milk, goat cheese is lower in fat, calories and cholesterol. It also provides more calcium than say, cream cheese.
  • christina_michelle
    Options
    As you can see above... SARGENTO SARGENTO SARGENTO (-:
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I know it's not a traditional slice of cheese, but I've taken to putting a tablespoon of grated Parmesan on food instead of slices. Just one tablespoon is only 20 calories and 1.5g fat. (very low sodium as well!)
  • keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I eat Babybel light- only 50 cal each so u can have two! I know it's not the same as REAL cheese but it will do. Also yeh u can buy ready grated tubs of parmesan and just use a tsp full it's hardly anything calorie-wise
  • gailygail99
    gailygail99 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    i luv cheese too!! i eat the mini babybel lights and also low fat string cheese. i also get the 2% cheddar slices and swiss by Sargento or any brand..Kraft, store brand..doesnt matter. it all tastes the same to me. i used to eat the laughing cow cheeses all the time but i got bored of them. i do love string cheese. also goat cheese is good too!!
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    feta is a great option. so is mozzarella, provolone and swiss. a slice of pepperjack cheese cheese is around 90 cals. try creamy spreadable cheeses, such as camembert, brie or havarti instead of mayo.

i love laughing cow (although i don't really consider that cheese) and babybel light too, but instead of going low-cal/low-fat, try flavorful cheese so you don't need as much - sharp cheddar, gouda, raclette, etc.