Want abs!!!

Hi everyone! Working hard to get a great beach body this summer! Any advice on how to get a defined stomach would be stellar :)

Replies

• brian_farmpd
    brian_farmpd Posts: 1 Member
    Hi stephanie! I am doing the same thing!! I am finding that diet and exercise is they key, high protein and low carb will help burn off the lower stomach and combine that with weighted ab crunches, cable ab curls- it's going to take several weeks to months to see great results but consistency with diet and exercise will get you to where you want to be. Good luck!!!
  • stephaniejsharp
    stephaniejsharp Posts: 1,568 Member
    I am keeping it right at 1200 or less meaningful calories a day :) I am down to 100 lbs and don't want to lose any more weight. Know of any exercise moves that work better than others?
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    You will lose more weight at 1200 calories...Are you quite short?
  • stephaniejsharp
    Yes, I am 5'2 :)
  • arditarose
    edited March 2015
  • arditarose
  • stephaniejsharp
    Thanks lady!
  • BrentJulius
    BrentJulius Posts: 89 Member
    Everyone has abs! ... But your body fat determines if you can see them or not. If you have pretty built up stomach muscles you can see them at a little higher Body fat. For a woman if you get down to 20 or below bf % you will start seeing serious definition, you will have I very firm stomach starting at about 22%. That's why diet and exercise are important so that when they start to show they are also nicely built.
  • arditarose
    Everyone has abs! ... But your body fat determines if you can see them or not. If you have pretty built up stomach muscles you can see them at a little higher Body fat. For a woman if you get down to 20 or below bf % you will start seeing serious definition, you will have I very firm stomach starting at about 22%. That's why diet and exercise are important so that when they start to show they are also nicely built.

She is already underweight.
  • arditarose

• Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    you're 5' 2" and 100 lbs??

start lifting heavy.
  • stephaniejsharp
    Thanks everyone for the insight..and yes I have started lifting pretty heavy for about 3 weeks now and I'm already seeing results. Just have to be patient.
  • mandychowx
    mandychowx Posts: 179 Member
    Keeping working hard at getting that low body fat :) Some female show abs at 18% while others wont show til 10% :(
  • stephaniejsharp
    I know girl :( seeing results slowly but surely but it's hard being patient!
  • strozman
    strozman Posts: 2,622 Member
    edited March 2015
    So you already know your body fat % determines if you have a great set of abs. If you want a killer (and i mean brutal) ab workout try http://anabolicminds.com/forum/content/12-minute-fix-6662/

Feel free to add me if you'd like
  • stephaniejsharp
    Added and thanks for the workout..be checking it out tomorrow!
  • mandychowx
    mandychowx Posts: 179 Member
    You have the determination, just keep going with the exercise and diet :*
  • strozman
    strozman Posts: 2,622 Member
    Added and thanks for the workout..be checking it out tomorrow!

It's tough and it's meant to be completed at the end of a workout. Thanks for the add
  • stephaniejsharp
    sx33dmb9jb2c.jpg
    Thanks for all the support :) bc this is totally me right now! Haha jk
  • BrentJulius
    BrentJulius Posts: 89 Member
    arditarose wrote: »

Her weight has nothing to do with her body fat %
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,940 Member
    Hi everyone! Working hard to get a great beach body this summer! Any advice on how to get a defined stomach would be stellar :)
    Get your body fat percentage down to 20% or lower. For females, that the average where they start seeing some definition.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• Sweetiepiestef
    Sweetiepiestef Posts: 343 Member
    Hey there! What I did to get abs when I weighed only 120 was sit ups and crunches. Started with 20 the first night, next night did 40, and so on... Until I got to 300 a night and continued with that every night. I am no trainer though just thought I would share how I did it.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    you're 5' 2" and 100 lbs??

start lifting heavy.

And eat.

While you're at it, read the below.

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/
  • crystal8208
    crystal8208 Posts: 284 Member
    Lots of lifting weights and reducing the overall body fat. Most body builders that you see (even women) with serious abs are doing cut/bulk cycles. Just keep at it and be patient. You are going in the right direction with weight lifting.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,940 Member
    Hi stephanie! I am doing the same thing!! I am finding that diet and exercise is they key, high protein and low carb will help burn off the lower stomach and combine that with weighted ab crunches, cable ab curls- it's going to take several weeks to months to see great results but consistency with diet and exercise will get you to where you want to be. Good luck!!!
    Standard broscience approach to getting abs. Calorie deficit to help reduce body fat is the most important step. Eating a certain way doesn't "target" fat burning on a particular part of the body.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• stephaniejsharp
    Thanks for all the great info! It's all vey helpful and much appreciated!