Do you have cake on your birthday

Options

Replies

• jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    yes, I never stop eating foods I enjoy. I just watch the quantity.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    rebasue55 wrote: »
    Sunday is my birthday and I've been debating whether I should have a piece of cake with everyone. I think...it's my bday, I deserve it. But on the otherhand are all the calories worth the 2 minutes of delicious cake? I'm thinking no.

What do you do?

I always eat cake at any birthday I am invited to. On my own birthday I have several slices, but that is MY OWN BIRTHDAY. On other people's birthdays, I just have one piece.

Oh and my kids, when it is their birthday, they get cake at the party, and then I save some them a slice to have in the morning, for breakfast the next day! cold refrigerator cake=heaven!
  • susansmoaks
    susansmoaks Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    yes I do. I can have a piece of cake on my birthday and get back on the grind the next day.
  • Milotic2015
    Milotic2015 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    My Birthday is April 3rd ( Yes right around the corner) And yes i will be enjoying my Pinneapple upside down cake made from scratch on my birthday. :) So yes enjoy some cake on your birthday if you want to.
  • Mrsallen6_11
    Mrsallen6_11 Posts: 416 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    Ummm.... YEAH! How is this even a question???

^^^I was wondering the same thing.

You CAN have your cake and eat it too. It's not going to ruin your weight loss especially since it's only one slice of cake. Just enjoy your birthday on Sunday and relax, have fun, and enjoy the day.
  • Linovitz
    Linovitz Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Have your cake and eat it too!!!
  • PearlAng
    PearlAng Posts: 681 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I think you should have the cake! But only as long as it's delicious cake.

Enjoy and have fun, don't worry about calories or weight loss in the moment. I don't think one piece of cake will derail your progress :)

Also I should mention that I work in a bakery so I'm slightly biased. I want to have all the cake all the time, and I want others to do the same because cake should be enjoyed, along with other goods. But I used to fear the horrors of unknown calories in baked goods, but trying to avoid them only lead me to binging on them. Then I put no food off limits and the binges became less frequent
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    My new go to is ice cream cake. I never had ice cream cake before valentines day this year. And yes I am 46 and never had this...

Just to mention, for valentines I got a red spoon in a wrapped red heart shaped box! The spoon was actually used as a "key" to the next box which was a red velvet ice cream cake and it was one of the absolutely best things (sweet) I ever had..

Will have this +1 often even on my birthday or anytime..

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    I eat cake on my birthday, and sometimes on other peoples birthday's as well.

There is nothing "bad" about cake. It has fats/carbs/proteins in it. Find a way to fit it into your day, and try to hit your macro/micro targets for the day; or, if it is your birthday, just have a "blow out" day and don't worry if you go over your calories for the day and then get back on track on Monday...

• fleurk126
    fleurk126 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Definitely yes if you're even vaguely tempted!! Remember in life you always regret the things you DIDN'T do way more than the things did.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    fleurk126 wrote: »
    Definitely yes if you're even vaguely tempted!! Remember in life you always regret the things you DIDN'T do way more than the things did.

I really like this comment you made. I had to think about it for a couple of minutes and it was thought provoking and for me I actually have a lot of regrets I did do still sitting at the front of my brain more than the things I didn't do..

Funny how this was a "gotcha" thought for me..
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Absolutely not. But then, I don't like cake. ;) If I did, I would.
    I did have wine and champagne on my birthday. And chocolate covered strawberries.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Eat. The. Cake!!!
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Probably not for me - I'll probably be eating fried ice cream that day. Which happens to be a week from tomorrow. If not fried ice cream? Then yes - I absolutely will be eating carrot cake.
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Yes! One slice of cake on your birthday is not going to ruin your overall progress!
  • pjs2780
    pjs2780 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    if you want the cake, eat it! if there's some other calorie bomb that you want, eat it! it's one day -- your day! -- and you'll be back on track the day after.
  • crystal8208
    crystal8208 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Yup sure do. My birthday is a glorious day of guttony. My mother makes her famous lasagna which is far from low cal. And we usually have cake or sometimes sugar cream pie. Both also not low cal. You can't avoid them forever. I choose to take my birthday as an "off" day and then proceed forward the next day. One day over indulging will not kill your progress. Enjoy your birthday.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    I don't but that's because I request an apple pie from my gram instead =]
    Who gets cake at Thanksgiving instead of making pie which makes me sad.
    But my aunt makes pie so it' s ok
    I like pie.
  • PearlAng
    PearlAng Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Yes, you should have cake on you birthday!!! Just count the calories and carry on. This past birthday I had cupcakes. That way I didn't have to deal with left over cake. Enjoy your birthday!!

She "should" have cake on her birthday? While I think it's fine to have cake if you want, it's certainly not a requirement for enjoying the day for everyone.
    I don't think what you quoted implied that the OP must have cake on her birthday. It's not like the birthday police will come if OP doesn't have cake. I think we all understand it's not a requirement. ;)

Besides, we're just a bunch of people on the internet. If the OP feels in her heart that she wants to abstain from having cake on her birthday, she doesn't have to listen to us.

• darktolight
    darktolight Posts: 226
    Options
    Some years I do, some I don't. Depends if I want cake or not :smile: