vacation

Options
ltangodownl
ltangodownl Posts: 19 Member
edited March 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
this probably is in the wrong topic but... i will be going on vacation for few weeks and is it okay to bring a tub of protein on the plane?

Replies

• Milotic2015
    Milotic2015 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You should have no problem just as long as it is in it's original packaging, in any given worst case that you may be thinking the most that will happen is the TSA inspecting it and you having to explain what it is. (the reason why to keep it in it's original Container/package.)
  • DaneanP
    DaneanP Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't take it ON the plane. My teenager is going on a trip to Disneyland and this was specifically discussed because in the past kids have had theirs taken from them. My sister also had her removed from her carry on while traveling to Portugal from the states 2 years ago. It is considered a liquid by TSA.
  • ltangodownl
    Options
    I have a tub of combat powder opened and I wanted to bring it with me. It will be in the check in luggage not hand carry luggage is it okay?
  • DaneanP
    Options
    If it is in the original container, should be fine. Best thing to do is contact your airline and ask them about it.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    DaneanP wrote: »
    I wouldn't take it ON the plane. My teenager is going on a trip to Disneyland and this was specifically discussed because in the past kids have had theirs taken from them. My sister also had her removed from her carry on while traveling to Portugal from the states 2 years ago. It is considered a liquid by TSA.

Protein powder is not considered a "liquid" by the TSA and is allowed in checked and carry-on baggage. Pre-mixed shakes, however, are a liquid.

The TSA's app will confirm; here is the web version: http://apps.tsa.dhs.gov/mytsa/cib_results.aspx?search=powder&src=tsadotgov

OP, I'd put it into a ziplock or small container rather than bringing a big tub, but that's just me.
  • adcini
    adcini Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I don't see any reason you couldn't bring it, so long as it's in it's original container and not a liquid. If in doubt, you can always check with the airline.
  • ltangodownl
    Options
    Thanks yall I'm bringing with me protein and some aminos while on vacation. Try not to lose some gains
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,668 Member
    Options
    I've done it before with no issues, not even in original package. I've measured out my one scoop and put it into portioned ziplock bags with no issues at all. Mind you, it was in checked baggage, not carryon. Worst case they will inspect your bag which isn't a big deal.
  • DaneanP
    Options
    DaneanP wrote: »

Protein powder is not considered a "liquid" by the TSA and is allowed in checked and carry-on baggage. Pre-mixed shakes, however, are a liquid.

The TSA's app will confirm; here is the web version: http://apps.tsa.dhs.gov/mytsa/cib_results.aspx?search=powder&src=tsadotgov

OP, I'd put it into a ziplock or small container rather than bringing a big tub, but that's just me.

Oh my - I just reread and in my caffeine deprived state, I thought the OP said "tub of peanut butter". Hmm....my mistake. Carry on! Literally. ;)

• kandell
    kandell Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend's dad once took a frozen roasted pork butt on a plane in his carry-on. That was a fun explanation I'm sure...