So call friends

Options
Got today work today/tonight and alot of people that have not seen me in a while but heard I lost weight got to see me for the first time not in my obesity stage. Uhm well thought I would get compliments , but NO. I was told I look like a crack head for losing so much weight and for losing it fast. Fast my *kitten* it took me a year and a half to lose 61pds. Then was ask how much more weight was I going to lose I stated 15 more pds oh no that did it. I was told if I do will look like I was dried up crack head. Well I got piss off and walk away from people whom I thought was friends well I guess wrong, because I see now NO their not. So I would like to take the time to THANK all my MFP family who understand my mission. Thanks for the motivation, inspiration, compliments, and being there when lack of confidence was not. MFP family is awesome, fabulous, spectacular, people. THANK YOU.

Replies

• Raven5287
    Raven5287 Posts: 31
    Options
    OMG THATS HORRIBLE!!!! They are obviously jealous because they would never have the determination and strenght that you have! Your going places and are an amazing strong willed person. I dont even know you but you MUST be to have accomplished soooo much. GOOD FOR YOU!
  • cenafan
    cenafan Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    you look amazing! I would say jealousy took over with your "friends"

put it behind you and keep up the hard work!!!!
  • Raven5287
    Raven5287 Posts: 31
    Options
    BTW your looking GOOD!!! keep up the awsome work!
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    They're jealous! You look great and you've worked hard to get there. I bet you're a lot healthier and have so much more energy, too.

I remember 20 years ago when we were learning to not be so absolutely negative to overweight people (that's about when the term "fat" in describing someone become non-pc, right?) I think it's gone too far the other way now. We see fat as the more normal and don't think someone is "fat" until they are obese. I remember when I started a weight loss program 6 years ago, I had about 15-20 lbs to lose and everyone said I was nuts. But when it was done I looked and felt so much better!

Keep coming back here for the support you need. Forget those twits who want to drag you back into their misery.
  • kittyloo123
    kittyloo123 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    i am telling you, they are just all jealous. I looked at all your photos. You look like you are a nice healthy person. Good going. I have lost 62 lbs. so far. i haven't gotten any of that kind of stuff. Let it roll off your back. They just wish they were you. keep it going.
  • registers
    registers Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a bunch of haters. haha how pathetic and petty some people are. Good work.
  • fourbcrew
    fourbcrew Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Ugh.....Haters!!!! Shake them off and keep it moving girl you LOOK GOOD!!! They know it too!!! Keep up the good work!!!
  • gailygail99
    gailygail99 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    how rude..
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,969 Member
    Options
    You're so right. They can't be called friends.

Congratulations on your healthy lifestyle, and I wish you many more successes.

You look fantastic.
  • timeforme23
    timeforme23 Posts: 461
    Options
    Sensing jealously for sure. You look amazing. Congrats on all your hard work!
  • ShannanLaNae
    ShannanLaNae Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    they're just jealous of u and wish they had the strength to do what you've did. i had that happen to me and ive just lost a lil weight and my so called friend, gon say dont get to small or u wont look right... whatver!!! dont knock my hustle because u still stuck eating oreos and passing out watching mob wives lmbo!
  • jcdfish
    jcdfish Posts: 31
    Options
    Gosh, after reading that I had to go look at your pictures to see if you'd really declined into looking like a dried up crack head. You were beautiful heavy and you are beautiful slender. I know that hurt a lot to have "friends" talk that way to you. What a learning experience this life is! You hang in there. It's good you've got MFP to come to and talk to people about the whole thing.
  • aset132
    aset132 Posts: 91
    Options
    You look gorgeous!!!!!
  • imgonnadoit123
    imgonnadoit123 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Rememeber you didn't need their help when you were putting the weight on and you sure don't need them when taking it off...
  • shesnotthere
    shesnotthere Posts: 117
    Options
    You look great. They must be battling their own issues.
  • michelegrayson
    Options
    Wow, it is amazing what some people say sometimes! Clearly you have been working hard for some time and you would think they would be happy and proud of you for such commitment. Nope, they had to bring you down.

I could say forget it, they don't matter, but clearly their opionion mattered to you and they let you down, and that is a bummer. Crackhead? That's kind of funny but also very sad statement of our society these days!

I'm glad you got on MFP and got the support and "atta girls" that you deserve. You look awesome and you are headed in the right direction. Keep marching ahead and don't look back!
  • 1FitMom326
    1FitMom326 Posts: 228
    Options
    You are looking great. Don't let other peoples negative comments ruin your day. It just isn't even worth it. You have friends here that know the hard work and the time devoted to you losing that much weight and can appreciate you for that.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    May I first say you look totally sensational. . . Secondly if anyone says such mean things to another it would be out of jealously or spite. There is no excuse to down talk someone who has obviously worked so hard to achieve what you have. Friends or not nobody should ever talk to another human being that way. But hon. . God will bless your life. Look to Him and all is okay. Sorry you had to go through that!
  • CommittohealthCHANGED
    CommittohealthCHANGED Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    i am telling you, they are just all jealous. I looked at all your photos. You look like you are a nice healthy person. Good going. I have lost 62 lbs. so far. i haven't gotten any of that kind of stuff. Let it roll off your back. They just wish they were you. keep it going.

Thanks I started this mission be healthier
  • ChunTingO
    ChunTingO Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Oh my god im so sorry!! you worked so hard and you look wonderful. Keep your head up and keep doing what you have to because there will always be people trying to pull you down. Your amazing!