Do you have cake on your birthday

Options

Replies

• _whatsherface
    _whatsherface Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I didn't last year but that's because I'm not too big on sweets. However, why not? One slice of cake isn't going to ruin your life.
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    You've gotta figure out how to make special events fit in. Either accept a day at/above maintenance (one day won't kill you!) or figure out how to make it fit - perhaps eat a bit less on other days to make your weekly goal work out.

This has to be long term.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Sunday is also my birthday. I shall be having ALL the calories. Zero bleeps will be given. One day does not undo a commitment to change, unless one lets it.
  • ilovemypeekapug
    ilovemypeekapug Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Eat the cake! My birthday party was 2 months ago,and I logged everything I was going to eat before the actual day. I knew that my family was having pizza, wings, chips, cake and ice cream, etc. and I planned out my portions, pre-logged, and made to sure to work out that morning. I went over my calories by a few hundred, but I still had a loss that week. One piece of cake is not going to stop your progress. Best of luck, and happy early birthday!
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    9511460250_7dbf0cee67_b.jpg

Meh!
  • agbmom556
    agbmom556 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    YUM CAKE!!!!
  • melkanich
    melkanich Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Today is my birthday. I had a mini cupcake and a weight watchers ice cream cone. It really blew my carb count for the day - but it is my Birthday and I choose to celebrate and I refuse to feel guilty about it.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I have cake just about any chance I can get it.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,148 Member
    Options
    Absolutely have it. My birthday is tomorrow and I'm going out with my family for dinner and there's a nearby bakery, which is where I assume we're ending up. And then Sunday, it's back to normal. Gotta celebrate life's moments.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I think I want pie instead. Pick whatever you like best for that day.
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    This is from me

Black Forest Cake

Happy Birthday OP

152_BlackForest%20Half%20KG%20(with%20&%20withou%20egg))_products_large.jpg
  • ImpracticalGirl
    ImpracticalGirl Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Yes, I surely do. And this year I'll be flying east across the International Date Line on my birthday; this means my birthday will be two days long and definitely there will be two cakes involved o:) .
  • Igottheconch
    Igottheconch Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Abso-bloody-lutely.
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Yes, I surely do. And this year I'll be flying east across the International Date Line on my birthday; this means my birthday will be two days long and definitely there will be two cakes involved o:) .

Okay, now that is genius. I want to start doing this too (even though I celebrate my bday all week long anyway...one more day is one more day!!!)
  • The_Sandra
    The_Sandra Posts: 56 Member
    Options

I'm thinking impure thoughts about this...
  • helenarriaza
    helenarriaza Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    of course!
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I haven't had a birthday since I started on MFP, but I certainly will have cake, and it will be ice cream cake, and it will be amazing.
  • Babygi6003
    Babygi6003 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Yes I have the cake! I LOVE cake but I will usually try and workout that day too
  • slucki01
    slucki01 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    if you like cake, eat it. if you don't love it, skip it
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    The_Sandra wrote: »

I'm thinking impure thoughts about this...

Yeah, but...but...

...it's *blackberry* pie.

Berries.

Berries do not belong in pie.

Apples? Yes.

Pumpkin, even? Yes.

Berries? No. No no no.