Starbucks Birthday Cake Frappuccino

Options
Has anyone tried it yet? Is it worth the calories?

Replies

• kikichewie
    kikichewie Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    To me, no frappucino is worth such a high proportion of the 1500 calories I get a day. But if I ran a 10k for the first time that day or something, I could see having one to celebrate. Maybe. I'd probably splurge on something else. Birthday cake flavors all taste like sugar bombs to me anyway. I'd rather have some red wine and dark chocolate in the evening when I'm relaxing than slurp down a frappucino on the go. If you have one, savor it!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Someone told me it tasted like lipstick ground with fruit loops. I'm scared to waste calories with that description.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Someone told me it tasted like lipstick ground with fruit loops. I'm scared to waste calories with that description.

lolol.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I thought they started tomorrow? Haven't tried one, probably won't - fraps are generally too sweet for me, and the cals just aren't worth it. I'd rather have a Kicker from Dutch Bros (if you have them in your area, get over there and have a Kicker, hot iced or blended - the bomb), or a nice chai latte.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I have no interest. Would rather have a black coffee, or a little milk and sugar, and save room for gelato later.
  • Terpnista84
    Terpnista84 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    The only frapp I like is vanilla bean without whip cream.
  • marinabreeze
    marinabreeze Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Doesn't sound super appetizing. But I can't hate on frapps in general. I love the green tea one the most. But I rarely get frappuccino because I don't generally care to drink many of my calories.
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    It's vanilla bean with hazelnut. Sounds good
  • onlyadrizzle
    onlyadrizzle Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I want to know too!! I LOVE birthday cake and birthday cake flavored things :p Been trying to figure out if it is really worth it or not!
  • agalassie
    agalassie Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I just had one and I have to say it was delicious! It tastes so much like birthday cake and that raspberry whipped cream is to die for!

Now, many people probably won't agree with it and will say it isn't worth it, but this is how I look at it. I rarely get frappuccinos or any other fancy coffee drinks (1-2 times per year). Other times, it's just regular coffee. I feel like this is justified because I don't want to lose all the weight being so strict that I am miserable and gain it back. I would rather make small changes that I'm able to keep forever. And to me, one frappuccino a year-ish is a realistic lifestyle. I know I just wouldn't be happy never having one.

Additionally, this frappuccino is only being offered for 5 days, so it is quite limited. I LOVE birthday cake flavored things and knew that if I didn't try one, that I would think about it well after the fact when they are no longer available and then probably over-do it on something else birthday cake related just because I had it stuck in my head.

• jbgibso3
    jbgibso3 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I work for Starbucks, and if you all want to make it a lighter version, go with non-fat or coconut milk and ask for light whipped cream. If you do sugar-free, you can request sugar-free hazelnut in the beverage as well. That will knock off around 100 calories and a lot of sugar.

I haven't even tried it yet, but I don't typically drink Frappuccinos.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    fubsyfern wrote: »

Yes.

No.

It's Starbucks - it all tastes like chemical-laden crap.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried it, but the two people I know who did said it was awesome.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna see if I can order it tomorrow. I don't look forward to having to wait in line though.
  • fubsyfern
    fubsyfern Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    agalassie wrote: »
    I just had one and I have to say it was delicious! It tastes so much like birthday cake and that raspberry whipped cream is to die for!

Now, many people probably won't agree with it and will say it isn't worth it, but this is how I look at it. I rarely get frappuccinos or any other fancy coffee drinks (1-2 times per year). Other times, it's just regular coffee. I feel like this is justified because I don't want to lose all the weight being so strict that I am miserable and gain it back. I would rather make small changes that I'm able to keep forever. And to me, one frappuccino a year-ish is a realistic lifestyle. I know I just wouldn't be happy never having one.

Additionally, this frappuccino is only being offered for 5 days, so it is quite limited. I LOVE birthday cake flavored things and knew that if I didn't try one, that I would think about it well after the fact when they are no longer available and then probably over-do it on something else birthday cake related just because I had it stuck in my head.

Very true! Looks like I'll have to make my way over to a Starbucks this weekend!
    jbgibso3 wrote: »
    I work for Starbucks, and if you all want to make it a lighter version, go with non-fat or coconut milk and ask for light whipped cream. If you do sugar-free, you can request sugar-free hazelnut in the beverage as well. That will knock off around 100 calories and a lot of sugar.

I haven't even tried it yet, but I don't typically drink Frappuccinos.

Thanks for the tip!
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    Mr_Knight wrote: »

Yes.

No.

lol. and what food are you eating with zero chemicals?
  • Karen_DisneyFan
    Karen_DisneyFan Posts: 130 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Oooo, that sounds so good!! I almost stopped on my way back to work after lunch today, but ran out of time. Too busy chatting with my friend over soup and salad, lol. I plan on getting one tomorrow though!!
  • curlylocks302
    curlylocks302 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I saw it yesterday but I'm not a fan of the birthday cake flavored things. I went with a tall tiramisu latte and a smoked gouda and bacon with egg breakfast sandwich. It was delish.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options

Yes.

No.

All foods are made of chemicals, obviously.

But not all foods taste like a chemistry set.

• curlylocks302
    curlylocks302 Posts: 38 Member
    Options

Yes.

No.

All foods are made of chemicals, obviously.

But not all foods taste like a chemistry set.

Mmmmm. chemisty.

funny-chocolate-Periodic-Table-chemistry.jpg