2»

Replies

• terar21
    terar21 Posts: 523 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    rifadiva wrote: »
    stacylou64 wrote: »
    Muscle does NOT weigh more than fat. A pound is a pound. Period. 16 ounces. Geez.....that comment wears me out every single time I hear it. The difference is the composition/density of the fat. Is your one pound a throw pillow or a bar of soap? You can gain while converting fat to muscle, thus changing the density of your fat. Using the same scale at the same time of day is critical.

I didn't know you could gain weight while converting fat to muscle.. Thank you for the information..

Ugh phone keeps acting up. Ignore.
  • terar21
    terar21 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    stacylou64 wrote: »
    Muscle does NOT weigh more than fat. A pound is a pound. Period. 16 ounces. Geez.....that comment wears me out every single time I hear it. The difference is the composition/density of the fat. Is your one pound a throw pillow or a bar of soap? You can gain while converting fat to muscle, thus changing the density of your fat. Using the same scale at the same time of day is critical.

I didn't know you could gain weight while converting fat to muscle.. Thank you for the information..

You can't. Gaining muscle and losing fat happen independently. There's not really a process of converting fat to muscle. If you're gaining muscle, it's not due to fat loss. Muscle gain would also be happening in a calorie surplus.
  • rifadiva
    rifadiva Posts: 27
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!
    I am going to track my weight and measurements frequently to see what is going on..

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!
    I am going to track my weight and measurements frequently to see what is going on..

Yeah, I totally get wanting to lay off the scale for awhile. But with that jump, why don't you monitor it for a little bit. Maybe you can see what's going on if you have more data to analyze.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Maybe calibrate the scale with something you know the weight of (ie 5 lb bag of sugar)?