Need Some No Veggie Recipes

toreybellavance
toreybellavance Posts: 11 Member
edited March 2015 in Recipes
Need a recipe with no veggies, don't want to get a bunch of crap from strangers saying be an adult and eat them want good healthy recipes with NO DARN VEGETABLES! I eat what I can in smoothies that is the only way I can stomach them! So ideas?

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    What kind of question is that?

What do you like to eat? Google that and add the word recipe

• toreybellavance
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    What kind of question is that?

What do you like to eat? Google that and add the word recipe

You honestly think I haven't done that a million times already? Right....I am looking for things people concerned about weight loss have used and had success with. I will eat almost everything just not vegetables
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Yes I honestly think you haven't done it

You have ruled out an entire raft of ingredients, you say nothing about what you like to eat and you expect help?
  • tinascar2015
    tinascar2015 Posts: 413 Member
    Someone's hangry.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    then eliminate all vegetables and eat less food. Weight loss is about calorie deficit, period.

or take the vegetables out of the recipes and just eat meat.
  • lmbecker12
    lmbecker12 Posts: 46 Member
    My husband is anti-veggie....A few things we do that he likes...
    Turkey tenderloin either grilled or baked. Low calories, low fat

Smart bites potatoes. They are baby reds or baby yukon gold potatoes usually. Low calorie and taste great if you cut them in half and grill them or bake them with just a touch of olive oil and seasoning. They also come in microwaveable bags which is great for a fast meal.

Chicken tacos (we cook chicken and mix in taco seasoning as normal) put on low-carb tortillas with lettuce, FF cheddar cheese and low-fat sour cream. Also tastes good as a salad over a bed of lettuce and use salsa for the dressing.

If you are looking for good but not necessarily healthy we do Beef Stroganoff or Itailian Slow Cooker Chicken.

Beef Strognaoff:
    1-2 lbs ground beef, browned, drained if needed
    1 Tbsp minced garlic
    2 cans cream of mushroom soup
    8 oz. Sour Cream
    1/2-3/4 c. milk
    1 pkg Egg noodles cooked
    Salt/pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients. Enjoy

Itailian Slow Cooker Chicken:
    3-4 chicken breasts raw
    2 cans cream of chicken soup
    1 8 oz pkg cream cheese, cubed
    1 pkg dry itailan seasoning
    Place chicken in bottom of crock pot. Add remaining ingredients. Cook on low 6-8 hrs. Shred chicken and serve over rice or noodles.

Hope this helps a bit!
    Lisa

• toreybellavance
    lmbecker12 wrote: »
    My husband is anti-veggie....A few things we do that he likes...
    Turkey tenderloin either grilled or baked. Low calories, low fat

Smart bites potatoes. They are baby reds or baby yukon gold potatoes usually. Low calorie and taste great if you cut them in half and grill them or bake them with just a touch of olive oil and seasoning. They also come in microwaveable bags which is great for a fast meal.

Chicken tacos (we cook chicken and mix in taco seasoning as normal) put on low-carb tortillas with lettuce, FF cheddar cheese and low-fat sour cream. Also tastes good as a salad over a bed of lettuce and use salsa for the dressing.

If you are looking for good but not necessarily healthy we do Beef Stroganoff or Itailian Slow Cooker Chicken.

Beef Strognaoff:
    1-2 lbs ground beef, browned, drained if needed
    1 Tbsp minced garlic
    2 cans cream of mushroom soup
    8 oz. Sour Cream
    1/2-3/4 c. milk
    1 pkg Egg noodles cooked
    Salt/pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients. Enjoy

Itailian Slow Cooker Chicken:
    3-4 chicken breasts raw
    2 cans cream of chicken soup
    1 8 oz pkg cream cheese, cubed
    1 pkg dry itailan seasoning
    Place chicken in bottom of crock pot. Add remaining ingredients. Cook on low 6-8 hrs. Shred chicken and serve over rice or noodles.

Hope this helps a bit!
    Lisa

Thank you so much I appreciate this! Will definitely be trying these out!
  • toreybellavance
    Someone's hangry.

No I just don't put up with peoples stupidity haha I specifically said in the post I didn't want any crap from people. I meant it. I have looked things up done super cook which is recipes based on what you have, I just want others ideas and things I may not have found. That is all :)
  • toreybellavance
    edited April 2015
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Yes I honestly think you haven't done it

You have ruled out an entire raft of ingredients, you say nothing about what you like to eat and you expect help?

I will try ANYTHING food wise so long as there are no veggies in the food. I wanted others ideas and things i may not have found looking things up, not everything is on the internet word of mouth is a great way to find new things. I have looked things up, gone on super cook and gotten recipes based on what I like.
  • KarinaGeneva
    KarinaGeneva Posts: 21 Member
    Have you tried hiding the veggies in your food, to get SOME healthy veggies in? By this I mean, for example, try cooking cauliflower and then put it in a blender with a little bit of milk or cream, and then add it to a regular macaroni and cheese recipe. You can add some to a instant mac and cheese, or, much better yet, add it to a homemade mac and cheese recipe (with whole grain elbow pasta) and then bake it with cheese (low fat?) and whole grain bread crumbs or wheat germ on top until bubbly. Yummy, and I bet you won't even taste the cauliflower! Then maybe you can graduate yourself to a little bit of chopped spinach added in. Start with a tiny amount (more like a garnish) and then add more over time. Also, you can make a meatloaf or meatballs. Take your favorite ground meat (beef, turkey, chicken, etc.), add a raw egg, salt and pepper, oregano, then add some spinach chopped up real fine and/or carrots that have been processed in the food processor. You'll barely notice them (if at all). I know you care about fitness, because you're on this site. Vegetables are by far the most healthy food you can eat and you will be doing long term harm to yourself if you avoid them completely. What about a veggie drink like V-8 (nice to drink warm like a tea or a tomato soup if you don't like it cold) or a fruit and veggie combo drink? How about guacamole or salsa -- do you like them? You could put some on a tortilla, perhaps with melted cheese and slices of grilled chicken breast. Can you eat soup with vegetables in it? If so, I'd recommend that and suggest adding more and more veggies as your taste / tolerance develops. Good luck!
  • moodyfeesh14
    moodyfeesh14 Posts: 811 Member
    edited March 2015
    We like chicken and rice in our house
    dice up chicken place in baking dish pour minute rice over it until dish is about halfway full. Cream/mix together 1 big can cream of chicken 1 cup milk 1 block cream cheese sometimes we add in dry ranch packet pour over top bake covered at 350 for 40-60mins until chicken is cooked all the way through
  • moodyfeesh14
    moodyfeesh14 Posts: 811 Member
    also minute steaks cooked in oven with cream of mushroom soup
  • toreybellavance
    Have you tried hiding the veggies in your food, to get SOME healthy veggies in? By this I mean, for example, try cooking cauliflower and then put it in a blender with a little bit of milk or cream, and then add it to a regular macaroni and cheese recipe. You can add some to a instant mac and cheese, or, much better yet, add it to a homemade mac and cheese recipe (with whole grain elbow pasta) and then bake it with cheese (low fat?) and whole grain bread crumbs or wheat germ on top until bubbly. Yummy, and I bet you won't even taste the cauliflower! Then maybe you can graduate yourself to a little bit of chopped spinach added in. Start with a tiny amount (more like a garnish) and then add more over time. Also, you can make a meatloaf or meatballs. Take your favorite ground meat (beef, turkey, chicken, etc.), add a raw egg, salt and pepper, oregano, then add some spinach chopped up real fine and/or carrots that have been processed in the food processor. You'll barely notice them (if at all). I know you care about fitness, because you're on this site. Vegetables are by far the most healthy food you can eat and you will be doing long term harm to yourself if you avoid them completely. What about a veggie drink like V-8 (nice to drink warm like a tea or a tomato soup if you don't like it cold) or a fruit and veggie combo drink? How about guacamole or salsa -- do you like them? You could put some on a tortilla, perhaps with melted cheese and slices of grilled chicken breast. Can you eat soup with vegetables in it? If so, I'd recommend that and suggest adding more and more veggies as your taste / tolerance develops. Good luck!

The way I sneak my veggies in is in smoothies, only problem is those are full of sugar. But adding them to meatballs that's brilliant! I never would have though of that. I try to sneak them in where I can it just gets frustrating when you add them to certain things and it alters the taste, but even adding them to burgers would be great! And yeah they are very important when you are counting calories and trying to get fit, they aren't empty calories which is awesome! And I have done the V8 juice blends but that's also got a lot of sugar which is difficult because I am trying to cut out a lot of my sugar intake. But thank you so much for your help! It is much appreciated!
  • toreybellavance
    We like chicken and rice in our house
    dice up chicken place in baking dish pour minute rice over it until dish is about halfway full. Cream/mix together 1 big can cream of chicken 1 cup milk 1 block cream cheese sometimes we add in dry ranch packet pour over top bake covered at 350 for 40-60mins until chicken is cooked all the way through

Wow that actually sounds really good! I will have to give it a whirl and see how I like it! Thanks for your input it is much appreciated!
  • lilmisscrabby
    lilmisscrabby Posts: 37 Member
    Wow I can believe how rude people are being about your question , I also hate veggies also and I have never had them in a smoothie , the thought gangs me , anyways I'm glad I came across this , the people who were nice put some good recipes I'll also try
  • xxxCHAOTIC
    xxxCHAOTIC Posts: 3 Member
    For the longest time I was pretty damn stubborn about it too. I am RIDICULOUSLY sensitive to food texture and the texture of a lot of cooked veggies (even if I like the flavor!) turns me off. I used to think that I just hated them but some taste test trial and error I realized it wasn't the veggies themselves but how I was used to them being prepared. Same thing with cooked fruits. Still can't get me within a mile of bell peppers or mushooms though. *shudder*

BUT! Hiding them in things is usually the way to go. Dicing them up veeeery fine in soups so they just kind of... dissolve. Packs some nutrition in without... feeling like you're eating veggies. Same with into omelettes and things. We get some veggie pancakes from trader joes (Scallion pancakes I think?) that are really, really good. And they don't really taste like veggies and just kinda crisp up like a potato pancake.

My culinary-inclined boyfriend cringes but push come the shove I just boil things into oblivion and mix/mash them into something more palatable like potatoes or as pasta sauces.

Is there anything that you don't hate? Anything you ESPECIALLY hate? Helps to come up with ideas.
  • xxxCHAOTIC
    xxxCHAOTIC Posts: 3 Member
    OH! And lemon, salt, and garlic go a loooooong way towards "hiding" veggie flavor. Or at least making the bleh ones taste good.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    I have a small child, so I just make sure that all of my components of every meal are about 50% vegetables. Below are the three things that I keep on hand at all time, but it's easy to incorporate shredded or pulsed vegetables into everything. That way you're eating fewer calories, but still get the volume of food that you want.

Cauliflower macaroni and cheese:
    Take one chopped head of cauliflower, steam in a small amount of water until tender. Puree cauliflower, add 1 cup sharp cheese, and season to taste – I use adobo OR salt/pepper/mustard powder. Freeze in ice cube trays until frozen, transfer to a labeled freezer bag. To serve, microwave as many cubes as needed and mix with cooked pasta or a mixture of cooked broccoli and pasta. This can also be used as a cheese sauce for veggies.

Chicken/yellow squash nuggets:
    Shred 1-2 squash and squeeze out as much liquid as possible. Mix with 1lb ground chicken, 1 egg, seasoning, form into “nuggets” and bread with your choice of bread crumb. Bake at 425 for 15 minutes on a lightly greased rack on a cookie sheet. Cool and freeze on a cookie sheet. Once frozen, transfer to a labeled freezer bag. To serve, microwave until thawed or bake for a crisp exterior.

Turkey/zucchini meatballs:
    Shred 1-2 zucchini and squeeze most of the liquid out. Mix with 1lb ground turkey, 1 egg, seasoning, parmesan cheese, and choice of bread crumb. Bake at 425 for 15 minutes. Cool and freeze on a cookie sheet. Once frozen, transfer to a labeled freezer bag. To serve, microwave until thawed or simmer in sauce.
  • GirlNamedCorrie
    GirlNamedCorrie Posts: 3 Member
    What about hiding veggies in your food? I've never been a huge fan of veggies, myself. I tried some of the recipes in this book (Deceptively Delicious by Jessica Seinfeld) and that has helped me. For most of the recipes, you can't taste the veggies in there. Who would imagine that there could be peas hidden in chocolate pudding and you can't even tell!

Instead of pureeing all of the veggies myself, I would just use organic baby food. Super great way to sneak veggies into my own meals without my tongue knowing! ;)
  • kellymills1978
    kellymills1978 Posts: 1 Member
    As a fellow veggie hater I can totally sympathise with your predicament. I have tried vegetables and salads so many times over the years and still can't get the taste for them. I tend to go for things like cous cous and flavour it up with a fajita mix and serve with chicken or mince. I truly wish I did like veg and salad as it would make this healthy eating malarky so much easier ;)

Good luck with it.