Any special work out programmes for cutting?

Yea I know its usually to stick to workouts you did during bulking but I still would wanna know if there are any specific work outs for cutting???? Just finished bulking two months ago and have cut back 5 pounds yet

Replies

• AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    If you want to retain more of the muscle you gained during the bulk, you’ll want to keep lifting heavy. Try a good compound movement strength program like strong lifts or wendler 531.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Keep the intensity high, but drop the volume. 5/3/1 is a good boxed recommendation.
  • This content has been removed.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    broyoooo wrote: »
    If you want to retain more of the muscle you gained during the bulk, you’ll want to keep lifting heavy. Try a good compound movement strength program like strong lifts or wendler 531.

Do you really suggest strong lifts? This was my bulk workout actually. Is it still ok for cutting?

If that was your bulking routine, then you're fine as you are. Just cut cals a bit and carry on.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    keep lifting heavy and eat in a deficit. Add in some cardio if you want to on off days...
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    edited March 2015
    cutting is low weight high repeatative reps and the next set gets a lower weight.. until muscle failure.

I see offenders so I prefer not to be attacked for sharing my experience on this web site. thank you.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Fork put downs and table push aways.
    training will remain fairly consistent unless the end goal long term changes.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    herrspoons wrote: »
    urloved33 wrote: »
    cutting is low weight high repeatative reps and the next set gets a lower weight.. until muscle failure.

No. That's endurance training.

OP, SS, SL, 531.

nope thats cutting. lift with high weight low reps is for bulk.

• Susanna5781
    Susanna5781 Posts: 10 Member
    dumb question :)

531 = reps, sets, ??. Or am I completely wrong?
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member

It's a particular program, 5/3/1 by Jim Wendler.

OP, if you have a coach.... why isn't your coach consulting with you.

Keep intensity up.
  • LolBroScience

It's a particular program, 5/3/1 by Jim Wendler.

OP, if you have a coach.... why isn't your coach consulting with you.

Keep intensity up.

Stronk username to my coach ratio.

Why broscience coach tho? Does he even science or program based off proven methods tho?
  • LolBroScience
    Regardless of the program, your goal should be to keep progressing your lifts and strength. It may become more difficult since you will be at an energy deficit, so at some point you'll need to reduce volume at some point.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Regardless of the program, your goal should be to keep progressing your lifts and strength. It may become more difficult since you will be at an energy deficit, so at some point you'll need to reduce volume at some point.

So strong lifts is ok for even cutting?
    yes
  • LolBroScience
    Hornsby wrote: »

So strong lifts is ok for even cutting?
    yes

this