Would love to connect with others who've had weight loss surgery

Options
Hello to all! I had the gastric sleeve on 3/4/15. It's only been a few weeks since the surgery, but I'm already feeling so much better. I love and appreciate that I have family and friends who support me and my decision for surgery, but sometimes I feel like those who've had surgery are looked down upon. It makes me hesitant to share my story with many, but I figure 'hey, there's always going to be someone who disagrees with you.' The point is that I'm happy and proud of everything I've accomplished so far and I would love to share stories and connect with others who feel the same :) Feel free to add me

Replies

• squished
    squished Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Best of luck with it. Good to hear you are back on your feet and feeling better. I'm scheduled to have the VSG done on 4/7/15. I wish it was tomorrow.
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!! I was sleeved 1/13/15.
  • duffslove
    duffslove Posts: 125 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hello to all! I had the gastric sleeve on 3/4/15. It's only been a few weeks since the surgery, but I'm already feeling so much better. I love and appreciate that I have family and friends who support me and my decision for surgery, but sometimes I feel like those who've had surgery are looked down upon. It makes me hesitant to share my story with many, but I figure 'hey, there's always going to be someone who disagrees with you.' The point is that I'm happy and proud of everything I've accomplished so far and I would love to share stories and connect with others who feel the same :) Feel free to add me

i was sleeved on 3/4/15 as well..i have joined a group on here called VSGers..everyone has had a sleeve or will be having one...great support group and inspiration, many forums and discussions from new people getting ready to have one, to people 3 months out, to people that are 4 years post op..feel free to add me as a friend if youd like and join the group if youd like, very insightful and encouraging. best wishes to you and congratulations on your new life journey!

@tat2cookie, the same for you as well, feel free to add me and/ or join the group if youd like also :)
  • badhair56
    badhair56 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    you can add me if you'd like, having sleeve surgery on April 1st; yeah I know, April Fool's Day
  • lmryoung
    lmryoung Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm new here and scheduled for WLS on April 13th -- I welcome friend requests :-)
  • Purplebee89
    Purplebee89 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    @duffslove Wow, thank you for that info! I'm going to look into the group and expect my friend request too! We're sleeve twins! Lol
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Here's a group you might enjoy. I had my gastric bypass this past June. Indeed, this enterprise has been a life-changer.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/637-gastric-bypass-vsg-lapband
  • jgnatca
    Options
    @duffslove, that's great that there's another group here. What is the link?

Thanks,
    j
  • Purplebee89
    Purplebee89 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    @jgnatca‌ That's awesome! My mom actually did her sleeve surgery last summer too and it's great to see all the positive changes in her. Im lucky I have a sleeve partner so close to home :) And thanks for the link! I couldn't figure out how to search for groups on here
  • jgnatca
    Options
    Yeah, the group search is broken. Bummer.
  • duffslove
    duffslove Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    @Purplebee89‌ , @jgnatca‌ ,, i think this is the link..have never tried to get one before..lol ..and thank you for the friend request, i love new friends, especially a sleeve twin!..yay :)
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1052-vsgers
  • Andreake08
    Andreake08 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Gastric Bypass here since 2010.
  • _Divalicious_
    _Divalicious_ Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    sleeved 1.22.15