Scale recommendations?

Options
Anyone have any reasonably priced scale recommendations? (Not a kitchen scale, bathroom scale). I have a weight watchers one, but it's crap. I could step on it 3x in the exact same location wearing the exact same thing and it will give me different results.

Thanks.

Replies

• gagnon9691
    gagnon9691 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I am also looking for a good bathroom scale. Mine will do the same thing with a 2 pound difference at times.
  • Jgasmic
    Jgasmic Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I just got this one last week, and I've been happy with it. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001KXZ808/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    I wanted a digital scale so I could better see weight loss as I move into the half pound a week range.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I have had this one for almost a year and have never had reason to think the weight it gave me was wrong or inconsistent. A couple of weeks ago I went to the doctor and weighed myself fully clothed just before walking out the door. When I was weighed at the doctor's office, there was a difference of 4/10ths of a pound which made me think it was pretty accurate. Accuracy is great, consistency is even better.

smile.amazon.com/Surpahs-Sense--Multifunction-Digital-Bathroom/dp/B00J48YZMI/ref=sr_1_78?ie=UTF8&qid=1427372300&sr=8-78&keywords=bathroom+scale

ETA: make sure you are weighing yourself on a hard, even surface. My bathroom floor is linoleum with a pebbly texture so I keep my scale in the kitchen which has smooth linoleum.
  • melanieliving
    melanieliving Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I really like digital display ones with an internal memory that logs your weight and is very consistent (usually fluctuates about 0.5lbs from Dr's scale). We have one that you can set "people" on them and it remembers your age/height and tracks weight. It was maybe 50$ full price at Target (Canada). Just pick one that fits your budget.
  • earlnabby
    Options
    I really like digital display ones with an internal memory that logs your weight and is very consistent (usually fluctuates about 0.5lbs from Dr's scale). We have one that you can set "people" on them and it remembers your age/height and tracks weight. It was maybe 50$ full price at Target (Canada). Just pick one that fits your budget.

Mine does that too and one of my cats has managed to set himself as another user (granted his age and height are wrong, but there is definitely a second user on my scale). I think he likes the beeps when he steps on the buttons. I used to have a talking scale and once in a while it would make a random announcement of a weight in the range of 14 lb. I knew Hector was in the kitchen playing around then.

• melanieliving
    melanieliving Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »

Mine does that too and one of my cats has managed to set himself as another user (granted his age and height are wrong, but there is definitely a second user on my scale). I think he likes the beeps when he steps on the buttons. I used to have a talking scale and once in a while it would make a random announcement of a weight in the range of 14 lb. I knew Hector was in the kitchen playing around then.

That's Amazing!
  • earlnabby
    edited March 2015
    Options

That's Amazing!

That's a cat :p

(a previous cat I had learned how to start up the Roomba)

• Deputymax
    Deputymax Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I bought this scale from Amazon and am happy with it. It gives consistent results and the price was only $24.95.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FX0S4DC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I then added this portion scale for $10.99 to bring the total to just a little more than $35.00, which got me free shipping.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GBCBMEE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I am more than happy with both of them, and the price was excellent, especially with the free shipping.
  • justjack18
    justjack18 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I like the aria it syncs with mfp and fitbit
  • jmasci20
    jmasci20 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I just bought this after lots of research
    http://www.amazon.com/Eatsmart-Precision-Bathroom-Technology-440-Pounds/dp/B0032TNPOE

After receiving it I did a very interesting experiment with the new scale, my current scale (equipped with a BFP capability) and an inexpensive bathroom scale. I bought the new one after growing very suspicious that my current scale had become inaccurate, reading higher weight (what a nightmare). The results were fascinating and confirmed the current scale was high and the inexpensive bathroom scale was reading low.
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Have you tried changing the battery on your scale? My scale was doing what you are describing (it is not a WW one though but it was one from Walmart so probably about the same price range), anyways I replaced the battery and it read the same weight each time.
  • Vixenmd1
    Vixenmd1 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    i just got the withing w-30 wireless scale that syncs wit MFP. Love it. You can find it on best buy and can sign up on bed bath and beyond (text or email list)to get a 20% off that would bring it to $80
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I would only suggest you not pay extra for any BF% measurement capability.