Starbucks Alternative

Options
I'm counting calories and have been really good about passing up sweeter treats for healthier snacks. My one craving that I can't get rid of are Starbucks Frozen Frappachinos.... I have never bought them regularly, but every now and then I get a really big craving for one! Does anyone have any yummy alternatives that they like to have instead?

Replies

• JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    haven't found anything yet....
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    you can get a small nonfat vanilla latte frap for only 90 cals, it isnt the same as my chai tea frap i like to get but pretty good for the amount of cals
  • savannahgro
    savannahgro Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    They do have light options for the frapps. Also, if you sub in all the low cal options like fat free milk and light or no whipped cream, it really brings down the calories. I believe some of the light ones have only 100 or so calories in the talls. . .
  • prtykekedd
    prtykekedd Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I love the green tea frap myself, when I get it I ask them to make it with light soy and cut the whip. Less calories and it still taste great.
  • pucciposh
    pucciposh Posts: 3
    Options
    Yes! When I get a craving for Starbuck's frappaccinos, I go for a tall Skinny Caramel Macchiato frap - only 100 calories and it really satisfies your craving.
  • tanyizzle
    tanyizzle Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    This might sound weird, but I make a chocolate slim fast and then I freeze it. It is my substitute for a chocolate shake. It satisfies my chocolate cravings.
  • kaitimae
    kaitimae Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I would just have one of the "light" options - I had a caramel light frap today, and a Grande was just 140 cals. But that fits into my calories just fine as I have nearly 1800 to play with. If you are just having them once in a while and can choose the "light" version... I don't see what's wrong with having them!
  • MidniteDayDream
    MidniteDayDream Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Yes! When I get a craving for Starbuck's frappaccinos, I go for a tall Skinny Caramel Macchiato frap - only 100 calories and it really satisfies your craving.

This... I'm actually drinking one right now... LOL
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    the light fraps are amazing! I can't even tell the difference.

my money and calorie saving iced coffee drink is:

3 tbsp FF half & half
    3 tbsp sugar free vanilla syrup
    1-1.5 cups brewed coffee

Pour over ice, stir and enjoy! it'll set you back between 20-30 calories depending on your brand of fat free half & half. I use Great value or Land O Lakes. I am sure you could blend this, but I have never tried.
  • Nenachaos
    Nenachaos Posts: 13
    Options
    6oz cofee
    1 cup light chocoloate soy milk
    I scoop chcolate whey protein
    sweet n low to taste
    ICe
    put all of it in a blender and blend it serves 2 and is 96 calories a serving ......its super yummy and pulls double duty as the whey protein helps burn fat
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    I make cold brewed coffee at home. Then I put about half a cup of the cold coffee concentrate, a cup of skim milk, a 1/4 tsp of vanilla or almond extract, and some ice in the blender. You could use a flavored syrup instead of the extract, but it would add some calories. Tasty, cheap, and under 100 calories.
  • naturallykat
    naturallykat Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Maybe I shouldn't post this but since the light ones aren't bad calorie-wise, I thought I should let the people in the UK know that starbucks fraps are 1/2 price between 3-5pm at the moment until the 22nd May! x
  • tanyamg
    tanyamg Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean, I had to cut back on my Starbucks, now I usually get a tall soy latte. Thats about 130 calories.
  • lisabel87
    lisabel87 Posts: 152
    Options
    In the summer I get the coffee frapps made with NON-fat milk and no whip or carmel. It satisfies my coffee taste without the sugar and loaded calories
  • acakeforawife
    acakeforawife Posts: 207
    Options
    Agree with the others -- I just go with the LIGHT versions, you can hardly tell a difference, and they're only about 100 calories for a tall or 150 for a grande. Since you said you don't eat them all the time, just once in awhile get the craving, I'd just go with the real thing!! :smile: