How do I tell my husband, that He needs to lose weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• mk820
    mk820 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm with you Isd007
  • ampjorgensen
    ampjorgensen Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    haha I have a REALLY open relationship with my hubs... I said "hunny, I'm gonna be all sexy and skinny and well... I guess your just gonna be fat." after some denial and excuse making i told him that his health was his choice and now he's agreed tomorrow he will start "dieting" with me. Perhaps a less up front approach but simple telling him your concerned maybe a better approach. Heart disease runs in my husbands family and mine so we agreed when we got married to eat healthy, we just failed a little.
  • Losingitin2011
    Losingitin2011 Posts: 572 Member
    Options

"I looked at him without a shirt on the other day, REALLY too a good look at his tummy and I worry for him. Hes got a 6 pack, a 6 pack of beer! lol."

Am I the only one feeling bad for her husband?

To the op: Did he talk about you like that on a public forum before you decided it was time to start losing weight? Sorry, I don't mean to be rude but it doesn't seem like a kind thing for one to say about her husband.

I think this might fall under the whole if you haven't got anything nice to say, don't say anything.

I was surprised, but you know what? I don't know ANYTHING about their marriage, and I trust the OP does know something about her marriage, and her husband. Don't be so judgmental.
  • ampjorgensen
    ampjorgensen Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    "I looked at him without a shirt on the other day, REALLY too a good look at his tummy and I worry for him. Hes got a 6 pack, a 6 pack of beer! lol."

Am I the only one feeling bad for her husband?

To the op: Did he talk about you like that on a public forum before you decided it was time to start losing weight? Sorry, I don't mean to be rude but it doesn't seem like a kind thing for one to say about her husband.

Not really. She was worried for him, the rest is called humor. Its not like any of us personally know him. I have an entire blog based on my marital problems. My hubby found it one day because I accidentally left it up and he laughed about it.

Man my husband was honest with me when i was getting fat. I'd say "man I am fat I need to lose some weight and he'd publicly say "YEP You do! Your butt is huge" or he'd say "I like em big!" its called making light of a somewhat hard situation. My husband had washboard abs and a hard muscle body when we med. Now he is a marshmallow. Its life. God forbid we poke fun at getting fat on a public forum.
  • jwd28
    jwd28 Posts: 765
    Options
    You could tell him that you're struggling with your own weight loss efforts and tell him that you would like him to support your efforts by joining you. If he's not motivated to do it for himself, maybe he'd be willing to do it for you?
  • crashta
    crashta Posts: 72
    Options
    Exciting Update! My husband is going to start P90X this week when the weights and resistance bands come in the mail! A co-worker has the dvd set that we can borrow FREE! Who knows, I might even try P90X too :]