Before habits :)

Options
13»

Replies

• TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    My average would've been around 3100. It might have been as high as 4000. But I didn't track it.
  • paulbearss
    paulbearss Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    New here and this post caught my eye. I checked an average day of mine on here before I started trying to change my eating habits and was shocked to see I was easily eating between 4k to 7k calories a day. I knew I was overeating but just didn't realize the extent or maybe just didn't want to see it. I am going to really try my hardest to eat healthier or at least start out eating less for now. I really like seeing other peoples success stories here and I think it helps me to try harder. Now I am going to try to become more involved with posts and such to help myself and hopefully others at some point. Thank you to everyone here!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how many calories I was eating exactly(As soon as I signed up for MFP I stopped overeating), but I do know that what I ordered from McDonald's was 1200, and that was just ONE meal. On average, I imagine I was eating anywhere between 2000 to 3000 calories, and I was not exercising.

I'm so glad I decided to get healthy. I looked and felt like a stuffed chicken before, and my stomach was upset often after eating all that greasy food. Heck, it was upset from all that overeating too. :D
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Well I gained 45 pounds over 4 years, so that works out to about 100 calories a day over maintenance average per day.
  • didda1
    didda1 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Right around 1600 a day. If I was on prednisone, easily 4k.
  • LauraHasABabyJack
    LauraHasABabyJack Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    It all depends really, I can only guess as I started logging after my doctor recommended it. As a general rule, I pick healthier items anyway, but I have days where I want to stuff my face with anything I can. On those days, it's like I'M STARVING and NOTHING will satisfy me. So on a typical normal day I'm happy in 1.5k to 2k calories, but on those bad days I say I could easily shoot over 5k+ calories in a single day.
    I've noticed it has to do with my menstrual cycles, which makes me think it's hormone related. I also get really sleepy and tired, no energy, short tempered... it's not pretty and I'm not proud of those moments.

I am the same way! Fine, fine, fine...then the monster is unleashed! I've been reading about PPD and it seems to be something along those lines.
  • LauraHasABabyJack
    LauraHasABabyJack Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    PMDD not PPD. I can't edit on my kindle.
  • vfit10
    vfit10 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Around 3000c/day
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Ummm probably 4k. I'm talking 10 beers 4 times a week, and loooooots of mexican food. I was eating the same amount as my 6"4 300lbs husband. o.o Scary, now that I think about it.