How to minimize breast sagging as I'm losing weight?

Options
So I'm starting to lose weight but I don't want my Brest's to start sagging (I've noticed this happens). I don't mind it if they get smaller just want to keep them as perky as possible. Any advice? Lifting and cardio?

I'm 155 pounds and want to lose maybe 25 pounds and my breasts are a pretty good size (Double DS). I've been an athelte most of my life soy today isn't completely flabbyish, just gained weight throughout college :/

Replies

• sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    There really isn't much you can do but I admire the creative spelling of the word breasts. That's a new one! I don't think they'll sag that much with only a 25# loss. Keep working.
  • Milotic2015
    Milotic2015 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    There really isn't much you can do, But doing push ups will help build the muscles underneath the breasts. I don't think that will keep them from sagging but with you only needing to lose 25 # they won't sag that much or not at all.
  • violiclolic777
    violiclolic777 Posts: 2 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

Ooopsie on the spelling! :s
  • brinktofit89
    brinktofit89 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You could always try to do strength training that works on the chest/pecs. When I was at a smaller size, I noticed it helped, though there was still sagging and I don't think there was anything to avoid having some sagging :( Investing in some super cute bras may make you feel better.
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Chest exercises and push-up bras ;)
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    implants.

LOL

seriously though, chest exercises may help (and wont hurt!) but its one of those things that pretty much boils down to genetics.... so take a look at the older women in your family ;)
  • Absolute_Hot_Mess
    Options
    Pushups are the best advice I have. This is one problem only some of us face.
  • mahoganybrowne
    mahoganybrowne Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Well... I suffer from this. My breasts came back a little better when I STOPPED working out and gained ten lbs back, but now, as I've been in the gym everyday, it has started again... what I DO tho is wear a tight sports bra and a chest wrap for when I run so the gravity doesn't interfere as much. I'm still working on it. I am seeking better advice on this as well... You can order a chest wrap from amazon like I did...

http://www.amazon.com/Elasto-Fit-Breast-Chest-Compression-Wrap/dp/B005H38QEM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1427503418&sr=8-1&keywords=chest+wrap
  • itsmeGennie
    itsmeGennie Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Lose the weight slowly to give your skin time. Depending on how old you are and if you hold a lot of fat in your breasts, there should be hope
  • Katiebear_81
    Katiebear_81 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Nothing helped for me, except putting 20 lbs back on. A good push up bra. Maybe reconstructive surgery if you have the means. Sorry!
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Oh, I hate to be the voice of doom and gloom, but.. if they're sizable, what weight loss doesn't take care of? Time and gravity will.

Sorry.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Not much you can do. Sorry.
  • jigglyjessica
    jigglyjessica Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Saggy boobs are still boobs though and people who are attracted to them will always be into them lol When you get to your goal weight get professionally sized and buy some bras you love that fit well. For sexy times just remember all boobs are awesome
  • MrKbailey
    MrKbailey Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    :o ...wrong thread
  • sengalissa
    sengalissa Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Hm, I have found a big improvement through lifting!
    I have lost weight several times (after every baby), and my breats were small and saggy. This time, I started lifting, and after one year of lifting, 5 babies and 7 years of nursing I am happy with my breasts! They're small but shapely.

I am actually so happy I have thought about posting a picture here :))) JK!

Lifting will only do good!
  • tonihunter945
    tonihunter945 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Yea how can you keep your breast from sagging because I love my breast
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    I'm a good bit smaller than you (36C) but I found that lifting and building my shoulder/chest muscles actually made mine perkier. I had been told that this doesn't happen, but I'm living proof that it does.
  • tonihunter945
    tonihunter945 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I will try the exercises will losing weight
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Breasts are tissue that's NOT affected by physical exercise. You can't "perk" them up by doing chest exercises. They perk up when there's more fat in them to fill them out. Unfortunately you can't redirect fat from your body to your breasts without surgery either.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    But you can build the underlying muscle in order to lift them higher, which is what I did. Maybe it has to do with the change in posture which comes automatically when you build shoulders and chest, but regardless, my boobs are higher. That's a fact. They also appear and feel firmer. This has been confirmed by my fiance who sees them naked on the reg.