Healthy chips for dipping?

Options

Replies

• kretakano
    kretakano Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I love raw Kohlrabi cut into thin slices for dipping. It is ridiculous how juicy and crunchy Kohlrabi is. Most underrated veggie ever.
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    parnsip and beetroot I've seen made into chips - a bit salty though
  • asyia74
    asyia74 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • B3Streeter
    B3Streeter Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I like the Terra exotic vegetable chips! They are so good, or home-made sweet potato chips!
  • JulyHummingbird
    JulyHummingbird Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Lavash! Cut into square and bake at 425 until crispy. Big sheet of lavash = lots of chip squares for around 200 cals.
  • wildon883r
    wildon883r Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    There really isn't a healthy chip or cracker. Thats why they are off the menu list in my home pretty much. Anything a machine makes is not what i choose to put in my mouth, Raw foods are your best choice, meat, fruits, veggies,
  • _eislek_
    _eislek_ Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I love making my own sweet potato chips! Haven't tried them with hummus though.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    Jicama is really crunchy tasting but is a vegetable! Great with hummus!
  • kje2011
    kje2011 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Kale Chips!!! They're very easy and quick to make at home

how do you make these?
  • shells62682
    shells62682 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I love pita bread (pretty low cal) or cucumbers/celery/carrots, etc.

I think that some of these other suggestions are good though.

Also, hummus is great. Just make sure that you're trying out a good brand. Some of the store-brands are no good, and others are much better (tasting and for you)!.
  • lindajay3
    lindajay3 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    the crunchmaster crackers are great with hummus!
  • mschickiepoo
    mschickiepoo Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I know that I am probably in the minority here, but I recently tried hummus (roasted garlic flavor) and did not care for it. What am I missing about the whole hummus thing?:huh:

I HATED the roasted red pepper one, but I LOVE the jalepeno! esp. with pita chips! YUMMY :) try another flavour!
  • barbiegirluk
    barbiegirluk Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Kale Chips:
    http://cleananddelicious.com/2008/01/06/kale_101_video/
    http://cleananddelicious.com/2009/04/12/kale_chips_-_video/

I have tried them and they do taste really good!

This is one of my favourite blogs. Dani is really creative and inspirational. I am vegetarian, and I like that I can adapt many of her recipes.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    I know that I am probably in the minority here, but I recently tried hummus (roasted garlic flavor) and did not care for it. What am I missing about the whole hummus thing?:huh:

I completely agree! I like chickpeas but they are what they are, a tasteless filler.

I've had unhealthy hummus with lots of oil and healthy all with lots of seasonings either homemade or professionally bought and it's all gross to me.
    You are not alone :)
  • erinelizabeth882
    erinelizabeth882 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Dippydog wrote: »

Consider trying other flavors. I love the roasted garlic, but hate "creamy bell pepper" flavored. But I also don't care for peppers much so maybe that's it :p

To the OP: I finish off all of my hummus using carrots. It's my main way of getting veggies during the day as a snack or for lunch!
  • littlebee55
    littlebee55 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I like the microwave-in-the-bag green beans. Another thing I do is cook brussels sprouts and mix a tablespoon or two of hummus with them. Yummy, fiiling, and low calorie.

I also use hummus in place of mayonnaise on sandwiches.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    pita chips, marys gone crackers flax crackers,cucumber,zucchini,waybetter snack chips,pop chips
  • mom2nicknat
    mom2nicknat Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Wild Chips - Red Quinoa and Chia Tortilla - those are my favorite. I get them at Sam's Club - low in sodium but very tasty.
    -
  • Sassy_xo
    Sassy_xo Posts: 44
    Options
    I love hummus, so I'm constantly looking for healthy options to dip in it! Some of my favorites are carrot sticks, celery sticks, sugar snap peas, raw broccoli, cauliflower, cherry tomatoes,and green and red pepper slices. If you are looking for crackers or chips, you could try the Quaker Pop Chips that are just lightly salted with sea salt, whole wheat crackers, baked pita chips, or you could even try making your own kale or sweet potato chips (google recipes, or search on Pinterest. There are so many yummy, super easy recipes out there!) Also, the baked and lighlty salted green beans are really crunchy and yummy in it! If you are going with chips/crackers over veggies, just look for the healthier options with lower sodium content! :)
  • ireadlabelsdammit
    ireadlabelsdammit Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Frito's are one of the cleanest chips out there. High fat, cals so portion control is super important. I usually use celery, cucumbers, and raw brussel sprouts (cut in half) - all provide good crunch.