strength training help please

Why won't the app put the calories burned for the strength training???? The only calories the app counts is my cardio

Replies

• cherishamil
    cherishamil Posts: 1 Member
    Cardio is a different workout than strength training. Both are essential. With weight training you still are burning calories even after a workout whereas with cardio once you've stopped so does the calories burned. Focus instead on what it is you want to achieve overall and make adjustments as you you go along.
  • OK thank you :)
  • mandychowx
    mandychowx Posts: 179 Member
    You can enter strength training by adding it through "cardio" :)
  • Markguns
    Markguns Posts: 554 Member
    mandychowx wrote: »
    Yup do that. Note that you will see bigger burns for strict Cardio but remember strength training builds muscle that burns cals after you leave the gym.
  • Markguns
    Markguns Posts: 554 Member
    mandychowx wrote: »
    Yup do that. Note that you will see bigger burns for strict Cardio but remember strength training builds muscle that burns cals after you leave the gym.

• blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    I enter my strength training under cardio, but I change the calorie burn to 1 calorie, no matter how long I do weights.

I do log my real cardio, but never eat back more than 50% unless I am quite hungry.
  • mandychowx
    I have a heart rate monitor so I know how much I burn. Unfortunately without one youll just have to trust MFP or not enter anything at all!
  • tvsecuya
    tvsecuya Posts: 1 Member
    Far out question on this thread, but would you guys know what to input crossfit as? There doesnt seem to be any exercise thats close to it except calisthenics
  • Sounds good thanks everyone! :D
  • mandychowx
    feel free to add me :)
  • Katetw
    Katetw Posts: 188 Member
    don't bother entering cals burned when doing lifting. if you really want to lose weight you will measure every calorie in but ignore the cals out other than intense cardio. Most of the estimations are grossly over anyway so you'll just be eating more than you should.