Do you have cake on your birthday

Options

Replies

• SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Not only did I eat cake, I ate 3/4 of the entire cake my damn self.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    rebasue55 wrote: »
    Sunday is my birthday and I've been debating whether I should have a piece of cake with everyone. I think...it's my bday, I deserve it. But on the otherhand are all the calories worth the 2 minutes of delicious cake? I'm thinking no.

What do you do?

We're buying my friend who is on a diet like all of us an edible arrangement and I think it's just as fun and yummy as a cake!

You must have had some sad cakes in your lifetime.

Agreed.

And you can pack on the calories with chocolate covered fruit, easily consuming more or just as much as a piece of cake.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Not only did I eat cake, I ate 3/4 of the entire cake my damn self.

I had cupcakes, and I made them into cupcake sammies. How many cupcake sammies were eaten? Who knows? Who cares? It was my birthday.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Sunday is my birthday and I've been debating whether I should have a piece of cake with everyone. I think...it's my bday, I deserve it. But on the otherhand are all the calories worth the 2 minutes of delicious cake? I'm thinking no.

What do you do?

I had half a cheesecake on my birthday a few weeks ago.

Of course, I also cycled a whole lot that weekend to burn it off.

While I'm here, if I'm going to eat over my 1200 calories, I will exercise to burn it off. No point being here otherwise.

• LittleJem01
    LittleJem01 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    It was my birthday last week and my colleague didn't know if I'd prefer a ginger cake or a salted caramel...so she made both. And God bless that woman, they were both incredible. I know this because I had a slice of each, and then just made sure I ate well and worked out enough for the rest of the week to counterbalance the extra cals. Don't deprive yourself, OP; if you want cake, eat it - and not just on your birthday!

Have a great one, by the way.
  • PearlAng
    PearlAng Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Aw I missed the cake pics :(
    Here are some cupcakes my boss made for the super bowl. I don't have other cake pictures 8i1t6kok6ws1.jpg
  • debtiffany_
    debtiffany_ Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Eat the damn cake. It's a one time thing, you're not going to do it everyday. Go for it!
  • Sassy_xo
    Sassy_xo Posts: 44
    Options
    Life is too short to not eat a piece of cake on your birthday! Eat that cake and enjoy it! One piece of cake is not going to ruin or change anything!
    Just try and make healthy choices the rest of the day and remember to still drink plenty of water to stay hydrated, then eat that cake and enjoy your birthday with your friends and family!
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :)
  • Azurite27
    Azurite27 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    For my birthday I'm not having cake. Growing up I usually had pumpkin pie instead of cake since I generally didn't like a lot of cakes (just the frosting :P). April 3rd is my 30th birthday and even though I'm in maintenance I'm going to basically stick to my calories but may allow for a little overage. But instead of a sweet I'm going to treat myself to cajun food and try crawfish etouffée for the first time.

If you like cake, have the cake. But if you have another favorite food you'd rather have, skip the cake and have that other special treat. It's your birthday, you don't have to have something you don't want.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

What do you do?

We're buying my friend who is on a diet like all of us an edible arrangement and I think it's just as fun and yummy as a cake!

man, I would be so upset if my friends did that to me…..
  • turtle0022
    turtle0022 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I recently celebrated my birthday and enjoyed one slice of my favorite cake with everyone else. It was so yummy and delicious... it was my choice, I have/had no regrets and I still had a loss for the week, likely because I was doing everything else right. Much to my huband's shagrin, to avoid further temptation on my part, I sent the leftovers home with family. Whatever you decide... Happy Birthday!
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big fan of cake, which is ironic since I bake and decorate them! However, I do eat whatever dessert I've decided on for my birthday or my husband or kid's birthdays. If you're going to keep the weight off after you've lost it, you need to be able to enjoy little things like a piece of birthday cake. And maybe a little ice cream too. :smile:
  • Nerdybreisawesome
    Nerdybreisawesome Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever the hell I want on my birthday, it's my birthday for goodness sakes!
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Make sure it is the cake YOU absolutely want (mine is strawberries with vanilla cake and whipped cream frosting OR homemade chocolate with buttercream chocolate frosting OR cannoli from the Italian deli. LOL.) I would eat a BIG piece (or two cannoli) and put in a good exercise session. I'd also cut out all other processed carbs that day and eat lots of fruits and veggies to fill up for less calories. It's not about splurging, it's about planning and about really enjoying what you eat without guilt when you do.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Yep, gotta have cake on your birthday :) Hubby and I have the same birthday so it's a great excuse to make a yummy cake! We have 3 kids, and we make cake for their birthdays and have some. It's always fun trying to create their birthday cakes.
  • Hungry_Annie
    Hungry_Annie Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    No.

I have cheesecake.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

• jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    nope, don't like cake, if you like cake go for it
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big fan of cake, which is ironic since I bake and decorate them! However, I do eat whatever dessert I've decided on for my birthday or my husband or kid's birthdays. If you're going to keep the weight off after you've lost it, you need to be able to enjoy little things like a piece of birthday cake. And maybe a little ice cream too. :smile:

Maybe that's the reason. When I'm doing a lot of baking for money I stop eating the stuff-- it just doesn't appeal to me as much.
  • lovematthewchristopher
    Options
    Have your cake and eat it too!!!! I had a birthday this month, and so did my husband. I had a piece of cake each time. I try and fit it into my calories for the day, and if that doesnt work, for whatever reason, i eat it anyways, and just exercise a bit more. So ya, eat your birthday cake and enjoy it!!!
  • goingforahundred
    goingforahundred Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I think you have a small piece of cake and some ice cream for your birthday and incorporate into your daily calories so you don't go over! You can look up the calories and see how many there are now, and maybe add some extra exercise time in on Sunday to help offset it.
    I am having cake and ice cream tonight at my nieces birthday party and I don't even like cake and ice cream! But, they (my kids and nieces) have watched me lose over 50 pounds in the past 5 months and I want them to know that it is possible to enjoy any food in moderation and still lose weight. You can do it!! Happy Birthday!!