Need inspiration! add me i need help

Options
Hi everyone!
I was 201 when I was younger and very depressed. No one in my family gave me support,but laughed when I said I wanted to lose weight. They did everything to try to stop me or discourage me by offering me sugar or extra helpings at dinner. I finally lost the 50 pounds. I kept it off. A few years later I met the guy of my dreams, moved in to a house and was off work during the winter months. I went from 155 to 181. I'm starting to sink back in to depression. How could I let myself slip like this!?!. I calorie count and exercise. I lose 5 pounds than gain it right back! I eat 1200 calories and drink tons of water. I need help and I am excellent at inspiring too. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    You've done this before, so you are a veteran at this. Keeping weight off takes vigilance and it is not surprising that you took the eye off the prize for a while. I suggest patience. It may come off a little slower this time.
  • Vault85JD
    Vault85JD Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You should absolutely read the book The Eat Clean Diet Recharged, by Tosca Reno. Not a diet but a phenomenal insight into eating, nutrition. It's a beautiful book to look at that doesn't need to be read cover to cover (though you will want to) and can open up at any point and learn helpful information. I have recommended it to a few people and it turned their lives around. Look "Inside" the book at Amazon. It is money well spent.

Stop counting calories (the book will help you do this) since you're eating wayyyy too few and messing with your metabolism.

Don't let set backs mess with you. Just move forward each day with some small goal in mind and don't try to challenge yourself with everything at once.

Also visit Youtube and look up exercises from: Melissa Bender, Michelle Lumadue, Zuzka, Body Rock, Christine Salus, Funk Roberts, Sarah Solomon. You can blast fat in a very short amount of time each day without being a slave to exercise. The old hour a day is overkill.

Most of all, be kind to yourself. Build yourself up with the accomplishments in all areas of your life and cut yourself some slack that you backslid in this one area. You did it once, you can do it again, and again, and again if you have to.

Smiles......
  • Sassy_xo
    Sassy_xo Posts: 44
    Options
    I'd love to help support and encourage you! I'm always willing to listen and help in any way I can, so if you ever are struggling feel free to shoot me a message!
  • Mcoughlin20
    Mcoughlin20 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! Maybe tell me what I'm doing wrong in my diet. Least if I know someone is looking I'll eat healthier
  • Mcoughlin20
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    You've done this before, so you are a veteran at this. Keeping weight off takes vigilance and it is not surprising that you took the eye off the prize for a while. I suggest patience. It may come off a little slower this time.

Your right. I am happy and feel so excited and energized when I lost the weight. I feel good. It's just hard not going to snack when I'm not even hungry. I did slip and I'm ashamed of myself. I got this
  • Mcoughlin20
    Options
    Thank you so much! I will definitely buy that book! Thank you for the kind support! I is definitely getting me in the right frame of mind. I'm ready to go!