Extra tummy skin after pregnancy.

Options
So it seems to be a struggle with the extra skin after pregnancy. My daughter is about to be 2 and I have been working extra hard to get this extra skin off and I am at a lost now!! It's frustrating because I'm eating right, exercising on the regular, and have been doing so for months. I haven't tried any of those miracle cream stuff because I don't think they work or doctors would recommended it. If anybody else knows how to help with that please let me know! I understand it may take a while and I know that but anything helps! I do a sugar scrub but have only been doing it for a month or so. If there is another thread about it please direct me to it!! Thanks in advance!

Replies

• westcoastgrl21
    westcoastgrl21 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    If it's a serious amount of loose skin, then you may not be able to do anything about it other than a tummy tuck (ie surgery). But if it's just a little loose, then I would recommend a) continue using your cocoa butter that you used throughout your pregnancy (you did, right?). My youngest is almost 4, and I still slather cocoa butter on my belly every single morning after my shower. Keep that skin hydrated and elastic!! b) Some of those "miracle creams" actually DO work. If you look for one with caffeine in the ingredients, you will notice that it makes a visible difference in the *appearance* of tightness of your skin. Note that this will NOT actually FIX the situation, but on the days you use it, it will make your tummy look better. c) Keep hydrated, make sure you take your vitamin E and fish oil, all of these things are good for your skin in general. d) Accept that you had a baby and your stomach is probably never going to look exactly how it used to. Personally, the skin on my belly is fine, but no matter what I do I can't get the muscles underneath to lay back down perfectly flat again. It's just more rounded than it used to be, I think my organs and muscles didn't go back to their exact previous placement after my second pregnancy. Booo!! I don't love the way it looks, but I'm not going to sit around hating my stomach: it's futile. Get the rest of your bod looking good, and accept the things you cannot change. Good luck!!
  • PMSing247
    PMSing247 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    If it's a serious amount of loose skin, then you may not be able to do anything about it other than a tummy tuck (ie surgery). But if it's just a little loose, then I would recommend a) continue using your cocoa butter that you used throughout your pregnancy (you did, right?). My youngest is almost 4, and I still slather cocoa butter on my belly every single morning after my shower. Keep that skin hydrated and elastic!! b) Some of those "miracle creams" actually DO work. If you look for one with caffeine in the ingredients, you will notice that it makes a visible difference in the *appearance* of tightness of your skin. Note that this will NOT actually FIX the situation, but on the days you use it, it will make your tummy look better. c) Keep hydrated, make sure you take your vitamin E and fish oil, all of these things are good for your skin in general. d) Accept that you had a baby and your stomach is probably never going to look exactly how it used to. Personally, the skin on my belly is fine, but no matter what I do I can't get the muscles underneath to lay back down perfectly flat again. It's just more rounded than it used to be, I think my organs and muscles didn't go back to their exact previous placement after my second pregnancy. Booo!! I don't love the way it looks, but I'm not going to sit around hating my stomach: it's futile. Get the rest of your bod looking good, and accept the things you cannot change. Good luck!!

Thanks, it's not a lot of skin just a little and I did use cocoa butter and am still using along with the scrub. It's also my second child too because after my first my stomach was fine. I will look into those vitamins and some of those creams because I hate the way it looks. I can deal with the stretch marks but the extra skin really annoys me. I have a little patience for it because I know it won't happen overnight but I need some type of remedy to get it as close to how it use to be. I think you're right, my organs didn't go back into their right place either!