Why am I having cravings?

Options
My "healthy" diet has been failing miserably today. I ate a bagel, a doughnut, ice cream from sweet frog, a large soda, 2 cheesy gordita crunches and a slice of pizza. Why am I having all these cravings today? I mean this is horrible!!!

Replies

• jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Your diet is probably too restrictive. There's nothing wrong with having any of these foods in moderation, and that can help keep you from binging on them later.
  • bulk_n_cut
    bulk_n_cut Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    qmtnpdtrhm11.jpeg
    1.jpeg 10.6K
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    If you're being overly restrictive, you may be having a backlash where you just want to go crazy and eat all the foods you're denying yourself.

LOL @ the pregnancy test image.
  • atrebisky832
    atrebisky832 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    For the record, I got my period last week. Lol

That's a good point jnv...
  • bulk_n_cut
    Options
    lol didnt mean to scare anyone, was just kidding..but yeah could be from an overly restrictive diet, feelings, emotions, weed, anything lol. appetite...tis a complex beast
  • LAWoman72
    Options
    lol didnt mean to scare anyone, was just kidding..but yeah could be from an overly restrictive diet, feelings, emotions, weed, anything lol. appetite...tis a complex beast

"Weed" OMG MFP is killin' me today. :p

• bulk_n_cut
    Options
    LAWoman72 wrote: »

as a medical student i have to be thinking outside the box :#
  • atrebisky832
    atrebisky832 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Lol
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    You might be human. I've heard it happens to that species, especially if they orbit a yellow sun.
  • kimsko2010
    kimsko2010 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I find that, if I want something to eat and I don't have it, I will plow my way through a lot of other crap and keep going. So if there is something you want, have that one thing. As they say, if you bite it, write it. Track the calories for it...
    If I eat pasta or bread, I tend to want more. So maybe try something totally different, depending on what you like... yogurt, pudding, guacamole...?
  • bulk_n_cut
    Options
    kimsko2010 wrote: »
    I find that, if I want something to eat and I don't have it, I will plow my way through a lot of other crap and keep going. So if there is something you want, have that one thing. As they say, if you bite it, write it. Track the calories for it...
    If I eat pasta or bread, I tend to want more. So maybe try something totally different, depending on what you like... yogurt, pudding, guacamole...?

i took that advice for cocaine. Now im not addicted to cocaine, i just really enjoy the smell of it
    also couldnt find it in the database :|
    great for weight loss though
  • mz_getskinny
    mz_getskinny Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Some days you just want all the foods! Happens to the best of us :)

And I'm literally LMAO at some of these comments, btw!
  • TCO76
    TCO76 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Or.... because your human and the minute you restrict things, like calories, the more you want them. Stay the course. Being a thinner version of yourself feels better than the satisfaction of endulging once it's completed.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options

as a medical student i have to be thinking outside the box :#
    It's always lupus, isn't it?
  • saruuhm
    saruuhm Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Honestly it happens, some days I wake up and I'm just in one of those I want to eat the entire fridge moods.

I get through my cravings now by eating every 2-3 hours so I don't binge. I make yummy healthy food and that really helps. How many calories are you eating a day?

Since I left the whole "dieting" thing and changed my lifestyle, I don't have days like that anymore. But don't get me wrong, I had Chinese food for dinner!

Don't let it get you down girl! Just focus on the future.
  • bulk_n_cut
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »

lool, i feel as though thats a...house reference? lol never really seen any of the medical shows.
    but yes, yes its always lupus
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    jnv7594 wrote: »
    Your diet is probably too restrictive. There's nothing wrong with having any of these foods in moderation, and that can help keep you from binging on them later.
    this.
  • LAWoman72
    edited March 2015
    Options

lool, i feel as though thats a...house reference? lol never really seen any of the medical shows.

No.

If it were a House episode, it would be a rare metabolic disorder that caused multiple microscopic tumors in the brachia, brought on by a rare East Asian tick that arrived in a package of illegal bovine hormones the patient had purchased underground in order to force her breasts to grow so that her husband, the guidance counselor at a high-end prep school, would turn to her for his needs rather than continuing to cross the line with his teen students and potentially lose not only his job but their upstanding place in society.

I mean it's so elementary, you'll wonder how you managed not to figure it out until House put it all together by throwing a bounce ball against the wall and talking to the ghost of his friend's fiance.
  • bulk_n_cut
    edited March 2015
    Options
    sngpqiel4va1.gif

No.

If it were a House episode, it would be a rare metabolic disorder that caused multiple microscopic tumors in the brachia, brought on by a rare East Asian tick that arrived in a package of illegal bovine hormones the patient had purchased underground in order to force her breasts to grow so that her husband, the guidance counselor at a high-end prep school, would turn to her for his needs rather than continuing to cross the line with his teen students and potentially lose not only his job but their upstanding place in society.

I mean it's so elementary, you'll wonder how you managed not to figure it out until House put it all together by throwing a bounce ball against the wall and talking to the ghost of his friend's fiance.

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,574 Member
    Options
    My "healthy" diet has been failing miserably today. I ate a bagel, a doughnut, ice cream from sweet frog, a large soda, 2 cheesy gordita crunches and a slice of pizza. Why am I having all these cravings today? I mean this is horrible!!!
    Because you probably cut them out of your "healthy" diet. Consumption of foods one likes isn't the issue with being overweight or obese..........................OVER CONSUMPTION is.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png