You've been warned?

Options
denielle715
denielle715 Posts: 101 Member
Got a notification from MFP this morning. A little mad face triangle emoji that says "you've been warned".
Click on it and all it says is "Note"

Any ideas on what this is?
Thanks!

Replies

• Burt_Huttz
    Burt_Huttz Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options
    Typically there is a note there that says what you were warned ... About.

Send a note to @Olivia‌
  • denielle715
    Options
    Maybe I'll have to check it out on my computer. I am looking at the desktop site on my phone.

Thanks
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options

One of the rules...not discussing Mod action on the forums.

To learn and understand more about rules on disciplinary action on MFP:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10007789/flagged-content-reported-posts-warning-points#latest

To review the forum guidelines:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

:)

• Sparky_1113
    Sparky_1113 Posts: 2,886 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10007789/flagged-content-reported-posts-warning-points#latest

This falls under a question, it is not a protest nor does it involve another member.

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options

This falls under a question, it is not a protest nor does it involve another member.

I was merely giving information that might be helpful to anyone that's not familiar with the rules/info of MFP. I wouldn't read anymore into what I shared than that, since there's not anymore there. :)
  • denielle715
    Options
    Emailed support and found out the cause. I hope this response isn't against the rules. If so, admin, please remove entire post.

Anyhow, because my diary fell short a few times, I received rhe warning. I didn't know this was a new feature that's been implemented. But their reasoning is a legit one... As they don't want anyone to encourage eating disorders.
    From now on, if my diary is too low, I will not complete it... As I do NOT encourage eating disorders, and don't want anyone to think I condone it.

Thanks to those who have responded.

And a heads up to anyone who has a low calorie diary entry for the day. :)

Happy Monday!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Emailed support and found out the cause. I hope this response isn't against the rules. If so, admin, please remove entire post.

Anyhow, because my diary fell short a few times, I received rhe warning. I didn't know this was a new feature that's been implemented. But their reasoning is a legit one... As they don't want anyone to encourage eating disorders.
    From now on, if my diary is too low, I will not complete it... As I do NOT encourage eating disorders, and don't want anyone to think I condone it.

Happy Monday!

Are you sure you understood correctly? I don't think they check your diary. In the past the "encouraging unsafe weight loss" category has been reserved for posting about VLCDs, HCG, certain diet pills, etc.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

Happy Monday!

Are you sure you understood correctly? I don't think they check your diary. In the past the "encouraging unsafe weight loss" category has been reserved for posting about VLCDs, HCG, certain diet pills, etc.

Wondering the very same thing... you can go back and find out which post you received it on by browsing through the threads you've been in ... it would help if the thread you were in was a book marked one.

Only other thing I wonder about is if you were talking about how much your diary was short it could have then been reported for VLCD by someone concerned?

Wow, I have no clue how they would begin to be able to check diaries...that would involve a lot of time and energy mods/staff don't have.

Perhaps you can have Olivia or Rachel break it down for you more so you fully understand... or so we do. lol

That could be actually. I know you can report members with EDs.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    It looks like you've been a very bad bad girl.
  • denielle715
    Options
    Apparently the email I recieved was not correct.
    I got a warning for posting personal information that was (apparently) prohibited. I was unaware of it, because it wasn't in the community rules from what I had seen. But I could have overlooked it.

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    I got a warning for posting personal information that was (apparently) prohibited. I was unaware of it, because it wasn't in the community rules from what I had seen. But I could have overlooked it.

Oh okay. Yes that is in the CG (all hail).

5. No Public Posting of Private Conversations

Do not publicly post an email or private message from any other MyFitnessPal user, moderator or administrator at any time

7. Do Not Publish Private Contact Information

For your safety, do not post personal information such as telephone numbers, emails, mailing addresses, chat or instant messenger IDs, etc.
  • denielle715
    Options

Do not publicly post an email or private message from any other MyFitnessPal user, moderator or administrator at any time

For your safety, do not post personal information such as telephone numbers, emails, mailing addresses, chat or instant messenger IDs, etc.

But that's the thing, it didn't contain a phone number, email address, mailing address, chat or IM ID's... perhaps they should be more specific and include FB and IG addresses.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

But that's the thing, it didn't contain a phone number, email address, mailing address, chat or IM ID's... perhaps they should be more specific and include FB and IG addresses.

Well it says "such as" and then lists instant messenger IDs so it kinda makes sense. But it's only a warning so don't sweat it.
  • denielle715
    Options
    Yeah, I'm not overly concerned with it. I had never received one before. And for it to not give an explanation just didn't make sense to me.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    BFDeal wrote: »
    I get warnings cause I'm a douche. Now if my diary is too few of calories it's going to warning me too? Do I get a warning for typing anything? I should stop typing.

Same. Get tons of warnings for being a douche. I'm more offended when my posts are flagged as spam. I'm not a spammer. Just a douche.

Same. Douchette, maybe.

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    BFDeal wrote: »
    I get warnings cause I'm a douche. Now if my diary is too few of calories it's going to warning me too? Do I get a warning for typing anything? I should stop typing.

Same. Get tons of warnings for being a douche. I'm more offended when my posts are flagged as spam. I'm not a spammer. Just a douche.

At least you're self-aware. ;)
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i was kicked off our local town community info facebook page.

and i was kicked out of another local message board site

i got a warning here for something once but dont remember what. LOL
This discussion has been closed.